The Voynich Ninja

Full Version: Thread for random remarks and questions about Voynich images
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Sometimes I notice something that may not be worth its own thread. This thread is for such things. If interesting discussions develop, I can always split off posts.

Like... does this nymph have three breasts like the lady in Total Recall? 

[attachment=4746]
Shit.......the alien theory is taking shape again.

Or is it the mother of Romulus and Remus?
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
Diana of Ephesus.
I wonder if it's some kind of conflict between the original artist and the dark-inked "breast corrector".
Check: "La Pupazza di Frascati".
I was serious. Diana of Ephesus (Astarte).

All you have to do is draw three bumps on the chest and anyone in the middle ages would understand the reference.

I'm not saying that's what it is. But I am saying that three bumps is all you would need to get the idea across as a mnemonic.

Maybe some of the nymphs are goddesses.

[Image: 307px-Diana_of_Ephesus.png]
I find it hard to interpret the object next to the frog in f101v1. On jasondavies.com it is totally hidden by the crease, but it is visible on the Beinecke scans. Since it is green, the obvious answer should be "a leaf" but, maybe because of the frog, I tend to see some kind of animal?
(detail on the right slightly stretched to compensate the crease and contrast-enanched)
Marco, when you post something like that it makes me realize how much I want to have the physical VMS in my hands for a few days.
Might this be similar?

[attachment=5055]

Note also surrounded by Sun, Moon, elements...

Source: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
Monasterio de San Pedro de Roda
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11