The Voynich Ninja

Full Version: Alisa Gladyseva: Voynich manuscript is decoded
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Alisa Gladyseva: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
Unfortunately, there is not really a preview.
(18-06-2019, 07:39 PM)bi3mw Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.Alisa Gladyseva: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
Unfortunately, there is not really a preview.
It must be true, there's a dramatic trailer for it:
Alisa Gladyseva is claiming Cheshire stole her idea, even though he says it's "proto-Romance" and she says it's Castellan and they were working on different parts of the manuscript (she mostly on plants, he mostly on the "map").

She's calling it an "alchemy" text and the bits of decipherment that she's mentioned outside of the her paper (which I haven't seen) are subjective interpretations of what she has translated as abbreviated text (with each abbreviation using a different style).
Oh my...

The trailer is quite romantic. She stares out of the window and sees the "pox leber" text in the sky.

[attachment=3041]

The supposed preview pdf is only a jpg though.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.

She's also doing a bit of "self-promotion" (under pseudonyms) on various sites, referring to herself in the third person.
I can't find an actual copy of the dissertation, only short abstracts and previews and there's not enough info in the teasers to see what she actually did.
Quickly checked academia.edu for more:

Quote:The key to a decipherment of the Voynich Manuscript was a plant Lavandula.
Analyzing the text of the Voynich Manuscript was found paleography of its characters:‘L’ ‘A’ ‘V’ ‘A’ N’ ‘D’.
It was made possible to the conception of decipherment: to find out the whole alphabet, with the help of other names of plants. Ability to analyze text of the Voynich Manuscript to recognize which information was relevant (in this case names of plants), made possible to determine at what point there was sufficient information to solve decipherment. There are only a few flowers that have its Latin names in the Voynich Manuscript, for e.g. ‘Capsella bursa-pastoris’ (other names of plants carry culture-specific ethnobotanical vernacular meanings). Detailed analytic studies the paleography of its characters was made possible to definite the letters ‘B’ “U’ ‘R’ ‘S’  ‘P’ ‘S’ ‘T’ for further successful accessible reading of the whole Voynich Manuscript
text.
And a lovely illustration:
[attachment=3042]
Got to hand it to Cheshire, nobody will beat him in the game of self promotion.
(18-06-2019, 10:03 PM)Koen G Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.Got to hand it to Cheshire, nobody will beat him in the game of self promotion.
I totally ship them.

[attachment=3044]
[attachment=3043]
(18-06-2019, 10:37 PM)Hallfiry Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.I totally ship them

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14