The Voynich Ninja

Full Version: my suggestion about the author of MV
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
I am a amateur researcher MV for 4 years. I studied many different theories, information, decoding methods. My opinion, is that the author is Cornelius Agrippa. Many indirect details related to the activities of Agrippa, his work on magic encryption shows his possible participle or authorship of MV. If we take the fact that the last page of the MV was written by the author MV, the amateur experience of grafanalysis showed that the handwritings are very similar. 
[Image: _ver016196601ill0005.gif]
I had to look him up, here's the introductory paragraph of the You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.:

Quote:Heinrich Cornelius Agrippa von Nettesheim (/əˈɡrɪpə/; German: [aˈgʀɪpa]; 14 September 1486 – 18 February 1535) was a German polymath, physician, legal scholar, soldier, theologian, and occult writer.

German polymath, physician, legal scholar and occult writer, those are all good signs. As are, of course, the loopy glyphs on the page. The handwriting is also of the broad type that corresponds the best to VM glyphs. I suspect, however, that there are manuscripts with a better correspondence to the VM style than the one you present. (Marco? JKP?)

His date of birth is the most problematic, however. He'd be 14 years old in the year 1500, which means his adult years are almost a century after the VM radiocarbon dating. Some people would have no problem with that, but I am of the opinion, based mainly on study of clothing in the Zodiac section, that the contents of the manuscript belong to the same date range as the fabrication of the vellum, which is the first half of the 15th century.
Hi Rasiratros and welcome to the forum!
Cornelius Agrippa lived c. 1486-1535... That would make him too late to be the author of the Voynich manuscript, unless you are suggesting that he was writing on very old parchment for some reason.
Hi rasiratros, and welcome to the forum!

I don't find this very similar to what we find in f116v. Note the form of "h", for example. And Agrippa would have been a century later!

Somehow the three of us managed to respond all at the same time! Dodgy
Hi rasiratros,

Is the textual extract from the "De occulta philosophia"?
(03-04-2019, 07:14 PM)bi3mw Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.Is the textual extract from the "De occulta philosophia"?

Bi3mw,

This page is not from de occulta philosophia.

It's from a "Collection of alchemical, technical, medical, magic and divinatory tracts" (late 15th century).

You can see that page on :
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.

I don't know who is the author of that page.
Thank you for greetings!
if you look at the folio f1r, you can see previously written Latin letters. He could easily bought the old parchment with the text poor quality,then erasing the previous text. this is well known practice in the middle ages.
(03-04-2019, 06:51 PM)Koen G Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.I had to look him up, here's the introductory paragraph of the You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.:

Quote:Heinrich Cornelius Agrippa von Nettesheim (/əˈɡrɪpə/; German: [aˈgʀɪpa]; 14 September 1486 – 18 February 1535) was a German polymath, physician, legal scholar, soldier, theologian, and occult writer.

German polymath, physician, legal scholar and occult writer, those are all good signs. As are, of course, the loopy glyphs on the page. The handwriting is also of the broad type that corresponds the best to VM glyphs. I suspect, however, that there are manuscripts with a better correspondence to the VM style than the one you present. (Marco? JKP?)

His date of birth is the most problematic, however. He'd be 14 years old in the year 1500, which means his adult years are almost a century after the VM radiocarbon dating. Some people would have no problem with that, but I am of the opinion, based mainly on study of clothing in the Zodiac section, that the contents of the manuscript belong to the same date range as the fabrication of the vellum, which is the first half of the 15th century.
 so i said before there is no problem to buy and erase. about zodiac clothing i think it isnt a problem too: Many of the drawings in the VM are very similar to the drawings from different books and manuscripts. What prevented him from copying in his century drawings of clothes a century ago? This can be a very interesting idea, I will definitely check it out. I'm more interested in the question of analyzing ink on the first page (F1r) of Latin letters and comparing it with ink in manuscript. this can clarify a lot. If you have information, I beg you to share.
(03-04-2019, 06:52 PM)Anton Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.Hi rasiratros, and welcome to the forum!

I don't find this very similar to what we find in f116v. Note the form of "h", for example. And Agrippa would have been a century later!

Somehow the three of us managed to respond all at the same time! Dodgy

if you mean "h" on the las page last phrase (as i think its written on german) - nim gaf mich  - never quess  - the last "h" you can chek another page and you'll see 2 different forms in writening. 
[Image: _ver016196601ill0006.gif]
Oh no, the VMS is not a palimpsest, that's one of the things about it in which there is very little general disagreement, if any. See here: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11