The Voynich Ninja
The meaning of the rosettes folio, the Voynich MS and everything - Printable Version

+- The Voynich Ninja (https://www.voynich.ninja)
+-- Forum: Voynich Research (https://www.voynich.ninja/forum-27.html)
+--- Forum: Imagery (https://www.voynich.ninja/forum-43.html)
+--- Thread: The meaning of the rosettes folio, the Voynich MS and everything (/thread-2887.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: The meaning of the rosettes folio, the Voynich MS and everything - Searcher - 06-09-2019

(06-09-2019, 12:34 PM)Mark Knowles Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.Lots of things on this page are filled in with blue, but nobody seems to be suggesting that they are the sky.

Why nobody? 
Personally I think that the Rosettes page contains things (images) that mean of "celestial nature", but the context can be different (religious, astrological,  astronomical, alchemical, magical, etc.) For example, I think, it represents "celestial waters".

RE: The meaning of the rosettes folio, the Voynich MS and everything - MarcoP - 07-09-2019

(06-09-2019, 12:34 PM)Mark Knowles Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.I still find the idea that at the centre of the central rosette we have the sky bewildering. Why is it the sky?

Because it is blue?

Lots of things on this page are filled in with blue, but nobody seems to be suggesting that they are the sky.

Because it is full of stars?

A blue surface, full of stars, suspended above ground-level and parallel to the ground.

RE: The meaning of the rosettes folio, the Voynich MS and everything - Mark Knowles - 07-09-2019

(07-09-2019, 09:27 AM)MarcoP Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
(06-09-2019, 12:34 PM)Mark Knowles Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.I still find the idea that at the centre of the central rosette we have the sky bewildering. Why is it the sky?

Because it is blue?

Lots of things on this page are filled in with blue, but nobody seems to be suggesting that they are the sky.

Because it is full of stars?

A blue surface, full of stars, suspended above ground-level and parallel to the ground.

We see the same * shapes in the top left rosette, the bottom left rosette, the bottom centre rosette and the top centre rosette; do you think they also represent stars? In the top centre rosette and the bottom centre rosette we have areas filled in with blue; does that also represent the sky? Of course, I could be said to be biased as I interpret that central area as being a crown, look at the rim of the area to see what I mean. I interpret the * as an artistic detail with no specific meaning and I interpret the blue as like the way other parts of the page are coloured in to make the page more visually appealing.

RE: The meaning of the rosettes folio, the Voynich MS and everything - Monica Yokubinas - 07-09-2019

9 circles, 9 months of pregnancy. 
First circle is the same plant found on page 40v. Which is a plant used to help birth the fetus/abortion. Because the flower was inside the cup of the main flower, they thought it was reminiscent of a woman giving birth. 
The flowered teeth are called "You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view." and was prominent in many cultures around the world. It was known in the medieval times, Lillith the queen of the demons. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. from the book: The New Gods: Psyche and Symbol in Popular Art.

RE: The meaning of the rosettes folio, the Voynich MS and everything - Wladimir D - 20-03-2020

A version claiming that ROS is a drawing of South Africa's diamond mines.
According to the author, the manuscript was made by Voynich by order of the owners of De Beers.
Warning: the work contains insults (accusations) against the long-term recognized researchers of VMS !
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.

RE: The meaning of the rosettes folio, the Voynich MS and everything - ReneZ - 20-03-2020

Thanks for the warning!

Clicking on unknown links is in any case a risky thing....

RE: The meaning of the rosettes folio, the Voynich MS and everything - Ruby Novacna - 20-03-2020

It's a proposition among many others, just expressed in a tone that lacks seriousness, multiple repetitions of the same messages.

RE: The meaning of the rosettes folio, the Voynich MS and everything - Koen G - 20-03-2020

They made some cool 3D models though.

RE: The meaning of the rosettes folio, the Voynich MS and everything - bi3mw - 20-03-2020

Yes, but unfortunately only to buy (as far as I have understood).

This animation is not bad either.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.

RE: The meaning of the rosettes folio, the Voynich MS and everything - DONJCH - 20-03-2020

mine = (flip upside down and backwards) = daiin
Because upside down e looks like 8
and upside down n looks like u... no, sorry, looks like a
and upside down im looks like iiv... no sorry, looks like iin

So, pray tell what does dain and daiiin mean in this system and are any other words decodeable?
Why was it necessary to use 15th century parchment?