The Voynich Ninja

Full Version: AI-generated "Voynich manuscript pages"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
These "manuscript pages" were created by You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. on the basis of the prompts:

["A page from the Voynich manuscript", "ancient manuscript"]

[attachment=6515]
[attachment=6516]
[attachment=6517]

The following animated gif shows some of the processing steps. If I understand correctly, Disco Diffusion starts from pure noise; each step removes some noise, generating a better fit for the verbal prompt. The creation of a language/image mapping (the method used here is called CLIP, described in You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.) is possible thanks to the millions of images with a corresponding text that are available on the internet.

[attachment=6518]
That's awesome! So you made these yourself using the code?
(15-05-2022, 02:49 PM)Koen G Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.That's awesome! So you made these yourself using the code?

I made them using the web page at the first link in my post. You can just edit width_height and the prompts (scroll down to about mid-page) and hit Runtime / RunAll from the top bar. The code is executed on google servers and the results are dumped on your google drive (you must grant permission to do so).
(15-05-2022, 03:17 PM)MarcoP Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.I made them using the web page at the first link in my post. You can just edit width_height and the prompts (scroll down to about mid-page) and hit Runtime / RunAll from the top bar. The code is executed on google servers and the results are dumped on your google drive (you must grant permission to do so).

Closer, closer, closer . . . . thanks so much for sharing.

EDITED TO ADD:  If we could get JKP to upload his collected dataset as a reference set, plus the manuscript itself -- I wonder if that would be enough?

EDITED AGAIN TO ADD:  Generalized support for the primary role of curation in machine learning:  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view..
Hello Marco,

for me coloab aborts after 20 runs with the following "error message":

Quote:Unable to connect to GPU back-end
Due to usage limits in colab, it is currently not possible to connect to a GPU.

If you are interested in exclusive access to GPU and higher usage limits, see Colab Pro for more information.

What parameters do you have set ?
[attachment=6519]
I tried some as well, it's fun to see what comes out. Mine don't get quite as close to the first one Marco got though. I do like the second one, it's got some horror mashup of Q13 on top and a pretty flower below.

What I noticed is that it often starts forming what looks like initials/larger letters in the text, but then it thinks: "well, wouldn't these be nice plant parts?" and stars turning them into more organic green shapes.

[attachment=6520]

[attachment=6521]

[attachment=6522]
On the 20th run of You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. I have the following result ( as I said, it was supposed to be 50 runs but Colab aborted before with reference to Colab Pro).

[attachment=6523]
Did you start from a VM folio and keep the standard lighthouse prompt?
Yes, should I change the prompt ?
Yeah, what Marco and I did was start from noise (there's a setting for that) and come up with prompts that encourage it to make a VM page.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8