The Voynich Ninja

Full Version: 9 Rosette Connecting Loops
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I have been puzzling about the loops that connect through the "rays" the centre side rosettes to the central rosette. I have been wondering what they may represent. There is no connecting loop between the centre top rosette and the central rosette and in my analysis that's fine. It is unclear whether there is a connecting loop between the right centre rosette and the central rosette as that part of the page is very worn, but if anyone can see anything there that I can't that's great. The two remaining connecting loops are drawn differently, so that seems to imply there is some meaning to the drawings. I think it worth noting that there are two dots each either side on the connecting loop between the bottom centre rosette and the central rosette, this seems a specific design feature.

Any idea of what these represent is great. These identifications I think do not require a drawing in a manuscript to illustrate them, as is the habit, though that is certainly very welcome if there is a similarity. A real world object that resembles the drawings would be of equal value I think. (I note that to my chagrin that drawings from manuscripts of objects are often posted by Voynich researchers, but images of real medieval objects are rarely presented.)

The only things that have occurred to me as of now are rings or lens, though my ideas have not crystallised yet. (Though lens here do not appear to be illustrated such that they refract light and therefore they would be superfluous.)
Yes, it seems some elements are flowing from the center piece (four)

On the right you have all water states: from outwards to inside: frozen snow balls, clouds as vapour, liquid, and finally as fountain.

Then we have air on the left possibly, from the middle to the outside, we see the stars floating in the sky, then air which is in a kind of frozen state top form a mirror.

I have no idea what element the top and bottom represent, but it is likely one represents earth.
(04-11-2019, 05:17 PM)Davidsch Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.Yes, it seems some elements are flowing from the center piece (four)

On the right you have all water states: from outwards to inside: frozen snow balls, clouds as vapour, liquid, and finally as fountain.

Then we have air on the left possibly, from the middle to the outside, we see the stars floating in the sky, then air which is in a kind of frozen state top form a mirror.

I have no idea what element the top and bottom represent, but it is likely one represents earth.

I think you misunderstood my question. I have a theory about all of those things you describe, which as some may know is very different from what you suggest, but that is Ok as we all have different theories of the page as a whole. However the loops I am not sure of. One possibility for the loop found between the bottom centre rosette and the central rosette is a ring as attached, but I find that very speculative. The loop between the centre left rosette and the central rosette loops like a simple band, so this could be a different type of ring, see attached.
I considered something like stirrups, but that makes very little sense to me.

The left side loop is somewhat obscured, so there may be more to the illustration than a simple band.
A few more images:
The fact that one of the "rings/bands/loops" has a dot on either side I think is key in identification and in illustrating that it represents something specifically and therefore it would make sense that the other different style "rings/bands/loops" also has a specific association.

I think it is these kinds of specific details on the 9 Rosette page that I find are readily overlooked and ignored. I have an interpretation for almost all of the specific details on the page, but the "rings/loops" are an exception and I am not aware of anyone else producing an identification of them.
Just to be even clearer these are loops that I am referring to:
As I associate the central rosette with the Pope/Papacy and the "rays" as the rays of the light of god then my initial inclination is to interpret them as papal rings i.e. rings worn by the Pope. However this is a very speculative identification of the "loops" and I would welcome alternative suggestions.
I wonder if the dots are studs, like jewels, or if they could be screws or nails.

One loop/band is very thin and the other much thicker, is there any significance in that?
I wonder is there is any significance in one loop being thinner in the middle than on the sides.
Pages: 1 2 3