The Voynich Ninja

Full Version: [Merged] Stars identified
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
These are the stars that i have identified so far on You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. 
Some of these translations coincide with some very old names for the stars in the constellations. I had to reverse the image so it would match a current star chart that i have. 
VM translation = Ahyan or Ain in Hebrew and Arabic and means eye. Ain was the name of the star Epsilon Tauri, the eye of the bull Taurus.
VM translation = Ryaz or Ra’as is the ancient name for Al-Ghul/Algol or Beta Persei the Demon Star.
VM translation = ayang  = Al-Janah or the wing is Epsilon Cygni.
VM translation = Achayayaz or Mirzan Al-Jawza, is Sirius. Ach can mean firepot or brother.
VM translation aurig or Auriga is clearly translated as it is.

There one for the white spot of Orion is in the wrong place and I am trying to figure it out. Could be they misused a name for a different part of the constellation. I'll update when complete.
(27-06-2019, 05:01 PM)Monica Yokubinas Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.These are the stars that i have identified so far on You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. 
Some of these translations coincide with some very old names for the stars in the constellations. I had to reverse the image so it would match a current star chart that i have. 
VM translation = Ahyan or Ain in Hebrew and Arabic and means eye. Ain was the name of the star Epsilon Tauri, the eye of the bull Taurus.
VM translation = Ryaz or Ra’as is the ancient name for Al-Ghul/Algol or Beta Persei the Demon Star.
VM translation = Achayayaz or Mirzan Al-Jawza, is Sirius. Ach can mean firepot or brother.

There one for the white spot of Orion is in the wrong place and I am trying to figure it out. Could be they misused a name for a different part of the constellation. I'll update when complete.

Here is an update on only the stars that I can prove. I moved Sirius temp., because it shares a similar name to the "footstool of Orion" and will continue working on that part. but the rest are pretty solid. Note the gap in the chart was for the Milky Way and the stars are asque on the left side. The very center is not a star at all but a flower, depicting Autumn. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
(28-06-2019, 11:26 PM)Monica Yokubinas Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
(27-06-2019, 05:01 PM)Monica Yokubinas Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.These are the stars that i have identified so far on You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. 

Here is an update on only the stars that I can prove. I moved Sirius temp., because it shares a similar name to the "footstool of Orion" and will continue working on that part. but the rest are pretty solid. Note the gap in the chart was for the Milky Way and the stars are asque on the left side. The very center is not a star at all but a flower, depicting Autumn. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.

It will take me a day or two to update notes. But here is the completed You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. (fixed glitch) Gemini, Orion, and Andromedia gave me the most trouble. Many of these stars are sharing space. The purple letters are for root translations and trying to figure out what mythology was used to name the star. I purposely did not add the root description to Andromedia because it was graphic.  Surprised  I'll add to my You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. paper with the other chart in a couple of days and then work on the others.
(29-06-2019, 09:58 PM)Monica Yokubinas Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
(28-06-2019, 11:26 PM)Monica Yokubinas Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.

It will take me a day or two to update notes. But here is the completed You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. (fixed glitch) Gemini, Orion, and Andromedia gave me the most trouble. Many of these stars are sharing space. The purple letters are for root translations and trying to figure out what mythology was used to name the star. I purposely did not add the root description to Andromedia because it was graphic.  Surprised  I'll add to my You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. paper with the other chart in a couple of days and then work on the others.
sorry about that. I fixed he glitch on 'star chart completed'
Not wanting to rain on your parade, but it's a fairly obscure list of stars so far.
There are 24 labelled stars according to You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.

That's about equal to the list of 1st magnitude stars visible from the Northern Hemisphere.

I guess I am saying anything not on that list would need a good reason to be there.

I mean Epsilon Cygni for instance? Why?

Your original assignment of Sirius made some sense though.
(30-06-2019, 02:29 AM)DONJCH Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.Not wanting to rain on your parade, but it's a fairly obscure list of stars so far.
There are 24 labelled stars according to You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.

That's about equal to the list of 1st magnitude stars visible from the Northern Hemisphere.

I guess I am saying anything not on that list would need a good reason to be there.

I mean Epsilon Cygni for instance? Why?

Your original assignment of Sirius made some sense though.

Many Arabic star names and/ constellation names lost their original meaning, stars got mixed up. etc... during the conversion from Arabic to Latin. 
al-Janah is now used for the star Epsilon Cygni, was known as the right wing, and is also used for the star Gamma Corvi near Virgo, but that didn't fit.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. 
Still working on this as Ophiuchus is huge. Quite an intriguing chart as is seems to be a 'bad' time of the year, as draco is in the center of the sky and the serpents are amok.  Wink Booties might need to be elongated, but without any Arabic names for Hercules, still working on it.
(30-06-2019, 03:40 PM)Monica Yokubinas Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. 
Still working on this as Ophiuchus is huge. Quite an intriguing chart as is seems to be a 'bad' time of the year, as draco is in the center of the sky and the serpents are amok.  Wink Booties might need to be elongated, but without any Arabic names for Hercules, still working on it.
before i get every astronomer freaking out. Yes I know the stars in Bootes have the same name. That is how they are listed on the old Arabic chart.
(30-06-2019, 03:44 PM)Monica Yokubinas Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
(30-06-2019, 03:40 PM)Monica Yokubinas Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. 
before i get every astronomer freaking out. Yes I know the stars in Bootes have the same name. That is how they are listed on the old Arabic chart.

disappointed that these were merged as they were 2 different star charts. 
the second chart Ophiuchus/Asclepius were intertwined and the VM made reference to the breach of a promise, which dealt with immortality or the philosophers stone.
Hi Monica, we have a custom on the forum that things relating to a personal theory  (i.e. involving one's own translation method) should all go in a single thread. We know from past experiences that this is the best middle ground between allowing everyone to share their theory while keeping the forum from being flooded with everyone's translations.
Pages: 1 2 3 4