The Voynich Ninja
116v - Printable Version

+- The Voynich Ninja (https://www.voynich.ninja)
+-- Forum: Voynich Research (https://www.voynich.ninja/forum-27.html)
+--- Forum: Marginalia (https://www.voynich.ninja/forum-45.html)
+--- Thread: 116v (/thread-437.html)

RE: 116v - MarcoP - 16-03-2020

(16-03-2020, 01:38 PM)Koen G Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.Nice. The "adrus + ijdrus + adros + adrusia" seems pretty close in concept to the "fix marix morix" line, doesn't it?

The difference is that this is surrounded by clear instructions: "...wortt dar uber", even with half a sentence you know what it's about.

Could this be related with something we discussed in this same thread You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.?
+ydrus+ydrus+ydros+ydrusia+
in Buitzruss' notebook You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view..

RE: 116v - Aga Tentakulus - 16-03-2020

Who does not know " abra cadabra fidibus"
He wrote "deunibus"? "for the wound in the flesh, write a letter with the words "ydrus........."
and tie on the ???? that the wound will heal.

That sounds like a "heilmibus". There's no such word. It's put together.

In German: "heile mich" und "bus" damit es lateinisch klingt. das ganze zusammen gesetzt. Typisch alemanisch.

RE: 116v - Helmut Winkler - 16-03-2020

lutter is not liter, it is lauter, I would translate it as unpolluted or not mixed with something

RE: 116v - Helmut Winkler - 16-03-2020

(16-03-2020, 02:30 PM)MarcoP Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
(16-03-2020, 01:38 PM)Koen G Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.Nice. The "adrus + ijdrus + adros + adrusia" seems pretty close in concept to the "fix marix morix" line, doesn't it?

The difference is that this is surrounded by clear instructions: "...wortt dar uber", even with half a sentence you know what it's about.

Could this be related with something we discussed in this same thread You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.?
+ydrus+ydrus+ydros+ydrusia+
in Buitzruss' notebook You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view..

I would say it is the same magic spell or charm

RE: 116v - Ruby Novacna - 16-03-2020

(15-07-2018, 06:04 PM)Wladimir D Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.be born (occur) (F) + sea + death + life / force
Thank you Vladimir, indeed you have already thought of sailors. A remark by Marco on the mixture of Greek and Latin in the same paragraph of a medieval manuscript makes me think that the failure of purely statistical methods can be explained precisely by a mixture of languages.

In my opinion the translation could go faster if the connoisseurs of Greek and Latin (and other languages) made more proposals on the words separated from the text, without worrying about the academic rules, which would be applied a little later.

@Helmut

Ich denke du hast recht, ich habe noch einmal nachgesehen. "mit lauter Wasser"
(alemanisch "luter" (nur mit reinem Wasser)

Ja, du hast Recht.

I think you're right, I looked again. "with loud water"
(alemanic "luter" lauter (only with pure water)

Yeah, you're right.

hat mich etwas verwirrt, es müsste heissen "luter rein Wasser" und nicht rein luter Wasser.
Schön ist auch die Gramatik "nimpt" statt "nimt oder nimmt"

Also nice is the grammar "nimpt" instead of "nimt or nimmt"

RE: 116v - -JKP- - 16-03-2020

(16-03-2020, 07:02 PM)Ruby Novacna Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view....
Thank you Vladimir, indeed you have already thought of sailors. A remark by Marco on the mixture of Greek and Latin in the same paragraph of a medieval manuscript makes me think that the failure of purely statistical methods can be explained precisely by a mixture of languages.

Mixing Greek and Latin would skew certain kinds of computational attacks but would have less impact on others. That's why we come at the data from different directions.

The ways in which the VMS differs from natural languages is not in terms of which language it might be, it's in terms of how it differs from ALL natural languages (particularly in its positional characteristics) regardless of whether they are blended or not.

In other words, the statistical differences are not explained by polyglot theories.

RE: 116v - ReneZ - 17-03-2020

The (slightly archaic) Dutch word 'louter' is an adverb that means: only, uniquely, beside being an adjective meaning 'pure'.