The Voynich Ninja
116v - Printable Version

+- The Voynich Ninja (https://www.voynich.ninja)
+-- Forum: Voynich Research (https://www.voynich.ninja/forum-27.html)
+--- Forum: Marginalia (https://www.voynich.ninja/forum-45.html)
+--- Thread: 116v (/thread-437.html)

RE: 116v - Helmut Winkler - 14-03-2020

(14-03-2020, 10:23 AM)Koen G Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
(14-03-2020, 10:18 AM)Helmut Winkler Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.I have been thinking about the group of letters between the vix and the maria, could it be + abca +, meaning abracadabra? abracadabra is known since late antiquity, I do not know if someone els has read it this way

I think there's a dotted i in there. Look at vix, it has a similar faint diagonal above the i. This page seems to suffer from faint diagonals overall.

That is correct, could the i-dots have been made by someone else, who misread te c for an i?

RE: 116v - -JKP- - 14-03-2020

We don't know what the letter in v*x is.

It's not "i". It looks like EVA-i, a Voynich character. It does NOT match all the other "i" letters on the folio. They are all the same, with a long leading serif, and they do not lean.

RE: 116v - Aga Tentakulus - 14-03-2020

When I think of the original size of the book, and do not enlarge the text too much, the "ri" in marix morix are identical.

RE: 116v - Ruby Novacna - 14-03-2020

I just posted a little post about oror sheey. I believe that it is oror scic9 and that it is Latin or a very close language: horror scissus - the fever destroyed, interrupted. Admittedly, it can be the opposite, since according to Olivetti the verb scindo also means, among other things, to renew pain. Interrupted fever is also reminiscent of intermittent fever, which sailors must have been suffering from.

RE: 116v - Helmut Winkler - 14-03-2020

(14-03-2020, 11:16 AM)-JKP- Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.We don't know what the letter in v*x is.

It's not "i". It looks like EVA-i, a Voynich character. It does NOT match all the other "i" letters on the folio. They are all the same, with a long leading serif, and they do not lean.

I think the i in vix matches the i in six, I have difficulties in seeing what the letter in vix can be but a vowel and in this case I have difficulties in seeing what it should be but an i, not to mention there is a rhyme abba.

RE: 116v - Searcher - 14-03-2020

P. S. to the post #770.
Unfortunately, I couldn't find examples with "carcere" instead of "coercere" verb in the Internet. The most frequent are "coarcere" variants and sometimes - "caercere", but also there was used a version with the ligature "œ" (oe) - "cœrcere". It is interesting, whether the central part of the VMs combination "c**r" (or "t**r) can be considered a ligature "œ" or "æ".

The "i" in six has a leading serif (an "approach stroke"). It's shorter than the other "i" chars, but it is there (and part of it might be lost to a pen skip).

The EVA-i in vix does not have a serif.

The "i" in six is straight up and down.

The EVA-i in vix is at a backwards angle just like all the other EVA-i in the main text. It matches the angle and style of the leaning strokes in aror on the last line.

When the "i" chars are dotted, it's usually a dot.

The EVA-i in vix[font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif] doesn't have a dot (that's a worm hole to the right), it might have an unusually long and thin diagonal slash, which is not the way the other "i" characters on this folio are dotted.[/font]

They are different shapes. I am inclined to believe that the "i" in [font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]v[/font][font=Eva]i[/font]x and the last "a" in oladabas are VMS glyphs, just as aror sheey are Voynich glyphs. They are not drawn like the other Latin letters. They are drawn like the characters in the main text. I'm quite sure the backleaning characteristic of Voynich glyphs is deliberate and I have sometimes wondered if it was designed that way so Voynich glyphs could be mixed with Latin glyphs and still be distinguished.

RE: 116v - Aga Tentakulus - 16-03-2020

I don't know if it's ever been shown. But also a nice curse as rhyme. He writes about Maria in Latin.

I will explain what is written in German.
You have to take a wooden bowl and write with white chalk a big cross and the words "Maria peperit et non doluit". And then fill the bowl with a liter of pure water.

If that does not help, I don't know what to do.

RE: 116v - Koen G - 16-03-2020

Nice. The "adrus + ijdrus + adros + adrusia" seems pretty close in concept to the "fix marix morix" line, doesn't it?

The difference is that this is surrounded by clear instructions: "...wortt dar uber", even with half a sentence you know what it's about.