The Voynich Ninja
Cannons versus Pipes - Printable Version

+- The Voynich Ninja (https://www.voynich.ninja)
+-- Forum: Voynich Research (https://www.voynich.ninja/forum-27.html)
+--- Forum: Imagery (https://www.voynich.ninja/forum-43.html)
+--- Thread: Cannons versus Pipes (/thread-2959.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: Cannons versus Pipes - -JKP- - 10-10-2019

Nordenfelt multiple-tube organ gun (there is another one very similar to this from You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.):

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.

This is probably a reproduction (and probably 16th or maybe 17th century style), but worth seeing for the craftsmanship and the arrangement of the pipes:

RE: Cannons versus Pipes - Koen G - 10-10-2019

I think the last one is an amped-up 3D model for fantasy game design or something similat. The organ guns in general are certainly interesting, but I still don't see why not rather actual organ pipes then...

RE: Cannons versus Pipes - -JKP- - 10-10-2019

Posting pictures of hand cannons doesn't exclude the possibility of organ pipes (or other kinds of pipes). They're just pictures until we have a better understanding of the manuscript.   Smile

RE: Cannons versus Pipes - pjburkshire - 08-05-2024

(05-10-2019, 06:45 PM)Monica Yokubinas Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.The letters next to the tubes are "andnaz" translation "Oh, sheath of the spirit, at that time". 
                                                                                a,  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.,   az

Used only once in the Bible, written in Aramaic, in Daniel 7:15 for the word body. Meaning a receptacle for the soul. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. means sheath
This would be the umbilical cord. Wink
For those with inquiring minds who want to know how the bible (king James) language differs from the Aramaic script. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. you can read the Aramaic text. first word direct object not translated, then cut off to make a covenant, "spirit myself daniel into the midst sheaf of the spirit and the visions of my head troubled". VSO order.

Can I get a clarification of what page this is? Where are these letters "andnaz" found?

RE: Cannons versus Pipes - nablator - 08-05-2024

(08-05-2024, 04:51 PM)pjburkshire Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.Can I get a clarification of what page this is? Where are these letters "andnaz" found?

RE: Cannons versus Pipes - R. Sale - 08-05-2024

Images tagged as depicting cannons.

RE: Cannons versus Pipes - pjburkshire - 09-05-2024

Here is my perspective on the pipes / tubes / cannon / communication channels question.

If you watch the video and would like to make a comment, my preference would be for comments here on the ninja board. I think the format here is better for group discussion than on YouTube.

The Pipes (Tubes) of the Voynich Manuscript, v. 1.0

RE: Cannons versus Pipes - Ruby Novacna - 10-05-2024

I took a little time to look for who already spoke about 78r: it was Feely, he had interpreted the images at the top as the ovaries and had tried to decipher the text from two labels of these images. 
I prefer your proposal to interpret them as breasts. 
On the other hand, can the two green basins represent the uterus or rather a pair of organs, like the ovaries?

RE: Cannons versus Pipes - Bernd - 11-05-2024

There is something profoundly odd about the tubes in the flower of You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. and the root of f33v, both Currier B pages assigned to scribe 2.

Is there anything comparable in contemporary imagery? It looks so un-medieval but then again many oddities in the VM have equivalents in other manuscripts. So far I certainly have not seen tubes in depictions of plants.

RE: Cannons versus Pipes - Koen G - 12-05-2024

Are they tubes or rods with knobs?