The Voynich Ninja
M. Yokubinas translation - Printable Version

+- The Voynich Ninja (https://www.voynich.ninja)
+-- Forum: Voynich Research (https://www.voynich.ninja/forum-27.html)
+--- Forum: Analysis of the text (https://www.voynich.ninja/forum-41.html)
+--- Thread: M. Yokubinas translation (/thread-2761.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

RE: M. Yokubinas translation - Monica Yokubinas - 16-12-2021

Lotus ritual
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.

RE: M. Yokubinas translation - Monica Yokubinas - 05-06-2022

Voynich and the Fall of Constantinople
The last starred paragraph in the Voynich, gives a clue as to where the person writing the book came from (heritage) and where they were when writing this.
First sentence “We immigrated for freedom to propagate and cut off our tzitzit fringes in Noph, surrounded we took refuge in Resin” the entire paragraph reads just like a Jewish Diaspora
It mentions Noph (Memphis, Egypt) Resin (located between Nineveh and Calah) Joppa (Joppa, Israel) Zippor, Ziph in Gaza (Where David hid from King Saul) and Ziph in Zia (Persian for light of illumination).
The very last sentence:
“At the beginning, long live YYhY (Lord) Kazstansn” (Constantine)
Constantine XI Dragases Palailogos was the last Byzantine emperor and died in battle, on May 29, 1453 in Constantinople.
Constantinople was the archetype of a well-fortified city, with impenetrable walls 8 feet thick. They had medical center and schools, including womens only hospitals with midwives. First page of the Voynich, speaks of being “wealthy in medicine”, with the knowledge and joy of being a midwife and delivering babies. The first page is signed “Ruth Companion mother”
Constantinople was inundated with bath houses. Physicians in the hospitals would give prescriptions for regular bathing a couple times a week, to cleanse the body. Women and men were usually separate in these bath house, although there were a few places of ill repute. (Voynich, speaks to this in the very first words of the 9 rosette 85v-86r: “Take pleasure in the law of the two wells, to take away existence, a song of joy to breach a promise. Oh decree, be fruitful plunder. Mirror beseech thee and delight in the flower procurer.”  These bath house had aqueducts with heated piping in the walls and floors, and used special herbs and soaps from the massive trade that Constantinople procured, including the use of poppy, as spoken of in the Voynich bath pages.

When looking at the 9 rosette folio, this will be a little familiar, with the waterways, castles and tents.

The Fall of Constantinople, painting by Jean Le Tavernier
[Image: File:Le_si%C3%A8ge_de_Constantinople_(14...r_1455.jpg]

Looking closely at the very center, 5th rosette, you can see this exact same cannon used in the bombardment of Constantinople by the Ottoman Empire. They used the large one, and surrounded smaller ones to take out the massive walls for invasion. The cannons were called the Dardanelles gun. Notice the same holes that surround the tubes in the Voynich to the cannons. The person writing the Voynich called the invading people Persians.

The nine circles, like nine months pregnancy duration, speak of life and death… a mixture of birth, sex, and war. Multiple coffins in 7th circle, and 9th circle to take an oath to the victorious.

RE: M. Yokubinas translation - Ruby Novacna - 05-06-2022

(05-06-2022, 08:03 PM)Monica Yokubinas Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.The last starred paragraph in the Voynich
Monica, can you be more detailed, give the page, line, word etc.? Otherwise it is very difficult to form an opinion of the proposed translation.

RE: M. Yokubinas translation - Monica Yokubinas - 05-06-2022

(05-06-2022, 09:58 PM)Ruby Novacna Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
(05-06-2022, 08:03 PM)Monica Yokubinas Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.The last starred paragraph in the Voynich
Monica, can you be more detailed, give the page, line, word etc.? Otherwise it is very difficult to form an opinion of the proposed translation.

Sorry Ruby,
been translating for a while and forgot to post links to translations. I'm working with someone now because I believe I know what the actual language is, and waiting for verification. Please remember i use the most popular definition of the word translated, for an understanding of what is being conveyed. It mainly goes in VSO order (verb, subject, object) like most Semitic languages, but sometimes can fall under the SVO order. It is also agglutinative. 

page 116r translated here You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.

page You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. translated here You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.

rosette translation here You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.

RE: M. Yokubinas translation - Ruby Novacna - 06-06-2022

Thank you for the links, Monica, I have looked at the article about age 116r and my request remains the same.

You have published the images of the handwritten pages, unless I have seen wrong, when there are several transcriptions of the text that you could use. This would allow your readers (and yourself) to easily understand your proposals.

RE: M. Yokubinas translation - Monica Yokubinas - 11-07-2022

(06-06-2022, 12:19 PM)Ruby Novacna Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.Thank you for the links, Monica, I have looked at the article about age 116r and my request remains the same.

You have published the images of the handwritten pages, unless I have seen wrong, when there are several transcriptions of the text that you could use. This would allow your readers (and yourself) to easily understand your proposals.

Sorry for the delay Ruby,
I hand write most pages because it is faster to translate. Hope this helps.
Here is the upper part of 77R Red letters are Voynich, Blue letters are Hebrew, and Black for English.
[Image: RVymL2XpsQ2PKJ6A9] You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.

Hello everyone Cool
 Rethinking the words Long-live Lord Constantine (the very last 3 words in the Voynich manuscript, page 116R. The Voynich spells Constantine as Qazstahsn. In Hebrew it is spelled Qvnstntyn.
While Constantinople was the epicenter of trade, during the 1400’s, to procure many of the plants and herbs in the Voynich. Where did they get this information from. Arabic medical books were translated into Latin, by Constantine the African, in the 11th century and used as textbooks until the 17th century. The Voynich as a lot in common with these books. Constantine traveled to Babylonia, Persia, India, and Egypt, where he studied the languages and learned medicine, geometry, math, astronomy, necromancy etc… The botanical pages in the Voynich are from these same places, as well as Greece.
One of the translated works that have vanished, are on abortion, the Voynich has this “care”. To paraphrase the Trotula, translated by Monica H. Green: Constantine’s book Treatments for Women, shows a lack of organizing principal; a chaotic assembly of treatments for gynecological, andrological, pediatric, cosmetic, and general medical conditions. We can all agree that the Voynich is just as disorganized.
According to Monica H. Green, Constantine the African had recipes for female disorders, to lose weight (poppy), to gain weight, bad smell (poppy, cinnamon, and clove), abortifacients, bringing on menses or the woman’s flower) and tightening. Cold and hot baths are used: Blue colored water in the Voynich is for hot baths, and the green colored water is for cold. I’ll show in the next post, after typing up. Many of the herbs listed in the Trotula, are the same herbs in the Voynich in the bath pages, including the use of pessaries.
The usage of poppy is on page 75v of the Voynich, for a cold bath and pessaries, and even drinking of the recipe. The hot bath is later, at bottom paragraphs, and other bath pages.  I’ve completed the upper paragraph translations, and have not posted yet, because of the process in making this narcotic. (even though it can easily be found on the internet)
Our Companion Mother, seems to have copied this medical information from the translation of Constantine the African.
Hope everyone has a blessed day.
HoHope everyone has a great day.

RE: M. Yokubinas translation - Monica Yokubinas - 13-07-2022

If anyone is interested Smile
I have started to upload a couple of translations on the Quire 13 Bath pages.
These pages take a long time, so it is a major work in progress.
Have a great and sunny day.

RE: M. Yokubinas translation - Ruby Novacna - 14-07-2022

Monica, I saw that you translated the word EVA soral as surely English. Apart from this funny phonetic coincidence, I wonder if there is any sense in placing adverbs on a picture. I would expect nouns instead. Of course, I am not an expert on medieval manuscripts.

RE: M. Yokubinas translation - Monica Yokubinas - 14-07-2022

(14-07-2022, 09:11 AM)Ruby Novacna Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.Monica, I saw that you translated the word EVA soral as surely English. Apart from this funny phonetic coincidence, I wonder if there is any sense in placing adverbs on a picture. I would expect nouns instead. Of course, I am not an expert on medieval manuscripts.

Hi Ruby,
 The EVA font system, although groundbreaking, utilizes different associative letters than the ones I use. For example: EVA associates the letter M with one glyph, and I associate the same glyph with a Th sound or Thav, in Hebrew.

Some examples of spellig issues:
Star chart on 68r2 as achazyypyg(ah) or aCazepiah or Oh/She-Cassiopeia. The EVA font system would have it spelled ‘Atalchpcy’. 

Same star chart, Achab 2 times for the Claws or Scorpio/Libra. Al-Aqrab in Arabic, Acrab is now the proper name.  EVA font system would have it spelled ‘Atas’.

This is why I utilize English letters, when translating. I also utilize English letters for Hebrew/Semitic, because not everyone can read Hebrew, and to show the phonetic correlation to the Voynich Manuscript.  Coincidence or not, it works for me when translating.

To try and help clarify the ‘adverb’ issue, Semitic languages like Biblical Hebrew, Arabic and Egyptian are in VSO order in a sentence. Verb, Subject, Object. Ex: ‘Loves she him’.
Whereas English, Italian and Spanish utilize the SVO order or Subject, Verb, Object. Ex: ‘She loves him’.
Hope this helps in clarifying. 
Have a great day.

RE: M. Yokubinas translation - Ruby Novacna - 15-07-2022

(14-07-2022, 03:27 PM)Monica Yokubinas Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.To try and help clarify the ‘adverb’ issue
Monica, do you mean that the labels in the picture form a sentence?