The Voynich Ninja
M. Yokubinas translation - Printable Version

+- The Voynich Ninja (https://www.voynich.ninja)
+-- Forum: Voynich Research (https://www.voynich.ninja/forum-27.html)
+--- Forum: Analysis of the text (https://www.voynich.ninja/forum-41.html)
+--- Thread: M. Yokubinas translation (/thread-2761.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

RE: M. Yokubinas translation - Stephen Carlson - 07-01-2020

(06-01-2020, 04:40 PM)Monica Yokubinas Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.You can easily scroll on the Strongs link for more definitions and words by hitting the "Next Strong's" key or "Previous Strong's" ket to go back.
 I personally have books: 
A Strong's Exhaustive Concordance
An Oxford Hebrew to English Dictionary
Aramaic Incantation Texts from Nippur (multiple defective spellings from different dialects like Rabbinic, Syriac and Mandaic)
Also Jewish Magic and Superstition

I only use online links when explaining.

Strong's isn't a very good Hebrew dictionary. Use this instead: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.

RE: M. Yokubinas translation - Monica Yokubinas - 07-01-2020

(07-01-2020, 02:33 AM)Stephen Carlson Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
(06-01-2020, 04:40 PM)Monica Yokubinas Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.You can easily scroll on the Strongs link for more definitions and words by hitting the "Next Strong's" key or "Previous Strong's" ket to go back.
 I personally have books: 
A Strong's Exhaustive Concordance
An Oxford Hebrew to English Dictionary
Aramaic Incantation Texts from Nippur (multiple defective spellings from different dialects like Rabbinic, Syriac and Mandaic)
Also Jewish Magic and Superstition

I only use online links when explaining.

Strong's isn't a very good Hebrew dictionary. Use this instead: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.

Thank you for the link

RE: M. Yokubinas translation - Monica Yokubinas - 07-07-2020

Just an FYI
Been working on research for page 2v.
We all know or assume that it is a water lily / lotus.
reworking all translations with Strong's Concordance numbers so anyone can trace the origin of the word. 
Just remember VSO (verb, subject, object) order for any Semitic dialog. 
I have no issues with the translations, just the history behind it. 
The wine ritual described was banned by the Jews.
Which is strange because it is the story of Esther and Ahasuerus wine ceremony in Ester 1:1 in Sushan/Lily or Persia.
will post in a few days as still reading Hebrew/Jewish history and Persian.

RE: M. Yokubinas translation - Monica Yokubinas - 21-07-2020

For the sake of quick translation and ease in reading, I’m using English letters only, and will write the Voynich phonetic words and under them the Hebrew words dissected, from left to right, then English translations, and for words Biblically found will add a Strong’s Concordance number (as was suggested by Marco) for the definition used.
Any * word will denote a definition used from the dictionary in the back of the book: Aramaic Incantation Texts from Nippur. Dated 1913 by James A. Montgomery. This book is based on the Aramaic bowls found in the Middle East for magical purposes.
Any +* word will be a definition from the Oxford Hebrew English Dictionary.

Using the Lotus as there is not much doubt what this plant is Wink

Translation alphabet conversion breakdown of page 2v in the Voynich Manuscript:
Paragraph 1:
Voynich Phonetic, Line 1: Haash ypapyan achusharush yan ruttAyaychg
Hebrew: Ha         ash             Ypypyh   an       achshvrvsh   ynh       rht           yay         chg
Strong’s  #1888   #786/787  #3304     #204,*    #325           #3238   #7298    #3273    #2282
VSO:      Look there is/foundation beautiful wheel/in Ahasuerus (possibly, brother Lotus). Take advantage of watering trough/pond sweep up religious feast,
Note: Ahasuerus king of Persia has many symbols of the Lotus/lily flower on all his depictions all throughout ancient Persia. Shushan/Susa means water lily/lotus. Lotus flower was also placed in his left hand in carvings in ancient Persia, now Iran.

Line 2: Hyahyyg ydya ykyaz kachya zafqb kachg yan rutta 
             Hyh      ygh       ydyh      ykch      az         kch         yah         zap         qb          kch       ynh     rht
          #2422    #3014   #3042  #3198    #227    #3581/*    #3261   #2196     #6894   #3581/*   #3238   #7298
VSO:    Lively to remove God favored discipline at that time, recipe to take away, rage dry measure (curb urges) recipe to take advantage of pond/watering trough.
*word used for recipe, a repeated term in magical formulas.
Note: drink feast was also condemned by the Jews in the Talmud… why? Ahasuerus is King in the book of Esther where they celebrated a wine ceremony.  Susa is where one of his palaces was and Susa means lotus or lily.

Line 3: achyg yan zyayg yaz yarg yarssh yychyg rutta
              Achy    ynh        zyaygh        yz yar    rga      yarsw     yychy         rht
            #278    #3238    #2127/*     #3149  #7281  #3298    long live    #7298
VSO:      My brother is exalted take advantage of trembler/Zaya unite forest tranquility plants Long live        pond.
Note: Zaya pronounced Zy-aya Persian word of Tibetian origin, for victorious woman. Zia Arabic for splendor, Ziva Aramaic for glory. Tzytza Hebrew for ray of light, Tzal and Tzalym for lotus #6628 used in Job 40:21, 22.  Also see below in notes, for multiple various names for Lotus in Samskrta/Sanskrit

Line 4: yaya yaza ypan yarutta
             Yaya        yza     yp          an        yar           rht
        #3150/*   #3302   #204   #3149   #7298
VSO: grandmother starts, fair in, forest pond.
*yaya Greek for grandmother, yaya/nana is in the Aramaic Incantation book for goddess, and a yaya is a woman priest for Palo Mayombe which will be discussed in the end. Yaya for respected or revered woman, also known as a wise woman.

Paragraph 2:
Line 1 hyan yayg rstsh yychysg byayfg ranyaz rutta
                H        ynh     yay           r         tzytz     ychy        sgd       b           ypy       pg      rn        yz          rht
        #1886.1  #3238  #3273   #7200  #6731  Long live #5457 #871.1  #3308 #6291 #7438 #3150 #7298
Every morning take advantage of, sweeps up look flower/wheel Long live honor in beauty unripe buds joyful song unites watering trough/pond.
Note: R #7200 not translated with compound names/look

Line 2: ran yaz yan yaz chf  az yg ychg rutta achyan ysa
Rn           yz      yyn        yz        chp      az       yg           ych       rht      ach     yyn        ysh
#7438 #3150  #3196 #3150 #2643  #227  #3014     #3171 #7298  #251  #3196   #3426
Joyful song sweep up wine pure then to remove, live pond brother wine it exists.

Line 3: rutta yachyfg kachqfg yahfab yqb yn yfutta
Rht      ychp   kch qpa      yap     ab yqb      yyn      yp             thh
#7298 #3182   *    #7087 #3286  *   #3342 #3196 #3302 +*(oxford Hebrew dictionary)
Pond barefoot recipe thicken, exhaust oneself strength winepress wine fair tea.
Line 4: yahatyayf yan yfaz yaz razarg
Yat      yyp    yyn           y          pz        az        rz         arg
#3271  +*   #3196  #2967.1  #6337 #227 #7328 #707
Cover adorn wine my own gold at that time secret weaver.

Putting it together in proper English:

Look at Ahasuerus the beautiful foundation wheel. Take advantage of the pond to gather a religious feast.
God favored discipline, a recipe to take away urges in measure and a recipe to take advantage of the pond.
Take advantage of Zaya, a tranquil plant, and be exalted brother. Long live the pond.
Fair Yaya is the beginning in the forest pond.

Gather and use the flower wheel every morning. Long live in honor, from the beauty of the unripe buds. Sing a joyful song of the watering trough.
Sing a joyful song and gather up wine of the living pond, and create pond wine brother.
A joyful song to sweep up pure wine then in the living pond my brother, wine it exists.
Thicken the recipe from exhausting oneself, barefoot in the pond, the strength of the winepress, fair tea/abyss.
Cover garnished wine. Gold I have then, secret weaver.

Notes and links can be found on the Academia You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. thread still incomplete as I have a lot of history and language notes to add.

RE: M. Yokubinas translation - Ruby Novacna - 21-07-2020

Monica, I hoped before that the text of the botanical pages would at least resemble the texts of known works. Do you think we could find a work that talks about Lotus like this?
I wish you a good research.

Hi Ruby,

In the book ‘Original Magic, The Rituals and Initiations of the Persian Magi’ by Stephen E. Flowers, Ph.D., Page 42-44 discuss Manthras and Herbology. Haoma/hom is the divine elixir or ambrosia of the Gods.  Hima is Lotus in Samskita/Sanskrit also known as Himah vaya.
In India, Padmasambava is the Lotus king, the Indian master who brought Buddhism to Tibet. His name means lotus born. Buddha was born 563 b.c.e. and the start of Buddhism was in the 6th Century. An odd phrase in ‘The Lotus Sutra’ roughly translates to “King of the Pure Flower Constellation”.

Remember reading the ‘The Odyssey’ by Homer? Herodotus in the 5th Century b.c.e. believed the Island of the Lotus eaters was near Libya. Polybius thought the island was off the coast of Tunisia. The Lotus fruit was eaten or used in the making of wine.

The book of Esther, believed to have been Queen with Ahasuerus as King around 480 b.c.e. The banquet of wine Est. 7:2, or the wine feast was drank from vessels of gold, Est. 1:7.  Est. 2:5 Shushan/lily.  She had the Hebrew name of Hadassah, meaning myrtle tree (of Hebrew origin) which was a symbol of life and fertility. Her name was changed to Esther, meaning star (of Persian origin).

Zoroastrianism and the Lotus:  Flower in the left hand could be a pomegranate flower and not a Lotus. Good read on the Zoroastrian religion, and the (Lord of the world) Soroush, or Ahasuerus or Xerses (ruler over Heroes). The lotus is carved in marble palaces, vases and ornaments, swords and horse harnesses. A symbol of the Zoroastrian religion. In 1861 a book by R.I. Schoolmaster, Vol 7, page 243 states: “The Hebrew word translated lily appears to have originated in Persia, the land of the lily”.

Really great study on the Lotus iconography from Egypt to the Middle East. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. (I'm still reading and researching this myself)

[Image: 20110616-083129.jpg?w=210&h=300]
Ahasuerus/Xerus with Lotus in left hand

Ahura Mazda with Lotus on coin
[Image: tumblr_o32hfziM6q1rgfuxjo3_r1_640.pngp:]

RE: M. Yokubinas translation - bi3mw - 02-10-2020

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.

@Monica Yokubinas: Do you have another download option than the one in the link above ? I do not want to give my credit card number.

RE: M. Yokubinas translation - Monica Yokubinas - 03-10-2020

(02-10-2020, 02:36 PM)bi3mw Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.

@Monica Yokubinas: Do you have another download option than the one in the link above ? I do not want to give my credit card number.

It is free on Academia You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
Sorry for the delay answering, i haven't checked my email or been online for a bit.

RE: M. Yokubinas translation - Monica Yokubinas - 10-10-2020

If anyone wants the English letters only of this page, converted to Hebrew for an understanding on a Hebrew dialect/definition of the words. I will gladly do it. 
this first page is from a midwife, a companion mother.