The Voynich Ninja
No text, but a visual code - Printable Version

+- The Voynich Ninja (https://www.voynich.ninja)
+-- Forum: Voynich Research (https://www.voynich.ninja/forum-27.html)
+--- Forum: Analysis of the text (https://www.voynich.ninja/forum-41.html)
+--- Thread: No text, but a visual code (/thread-2384.html)

RE: No text, but a visual code - bi3mw - 21-09-2022

(21-09-2022, 07:35 PM)Antonio García Jiménez Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.Repeating and repeating that there are nymphs in the Voynich or that there is a biological or balneological section only leads to a dead end.

Apart from the "Plant Section", there are undeniably other, different sections in the VMS. What you call them depends not least on your own interpretation. Obviously, however, different topics are treated here. The VMS is by no means a monothematic work from the first to the last page. How one interprets the writing in relation to its information content is left to everyone as long as one cannot make definite statements about it. But if the VMS has themes, then it is more likely that the text refers to them and has a more or less concrete information content. The fact that so far all decryption attempts (cryptographically and linguistically) were unsuccessful does not change this basic assumption. Everything else would have to be proved or first of all described in detail.

RE: No text, but a visual code - Antonio García Jiménez - 22-09-2022

That is the question. I do believe that the Voynich is a monothematic book. And I believe it because it is consistent with the way of thinking of his time. The stars give their virtue to medicinal herbs. This is the theme. If there is any other it is secondary.

I do not know how the scribe chooses the groups of glyphs but I am convinced of what some of them symbolize. If in a book where I see the figure of the moon repeated so many times, I also see in the script a glyph with its symbol also repeated c, cc, ccc, then it can't be anything other than the moon.

RE: No text, but a visual code - Antonio García Jiménez - 25-09-2022

In the second paragraph of f7r, in the second word of the third line we see this group of glyphs:  8cccccc

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.

I explain: My operating system does not allow me to reproduce the shape of the glyphs, so I use the signs that most closely resemble them. The penultimate glyph is an Eva-s, but what is important is that it is also partly in the form of a c.

Seeing these sequences of c's it is difficult not to think that we are facing the symbol of the moon and that the only thing the script does is reproduce the movement of the moon.

RE: No text, but a visual code - Ruby Novacna - 25-09-2022

(25-09-2022, 10:00 AM)Antonio García Jiménez Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.Seeing these sequences of c's it is difficult not to think that we are facing the symbol of the moon
I find your example poorly chosen, the glyphs of this word are too well separated, to be confused: 8 u u si. It could be a Greek word, like τίοισι, for example, or, perhaps, something in another language?

RE: No text, but a visual code - Antonio García Jiménez - 25-09-2022

Ruby, you must be the only one on this forum who sees two u's and an i in what is clearly the form of a glyph that looks like the letter c. 

Anyway, I'm not too surprised. I think that getting rid of the prejudice that behind the Voynich script there is a language will still take a few years.

RE: No text, but a visual code - Antonio García Jiménez - 28-09-2022

One of the most shocking things about the VM script is what to do with all the weird glyphs. Who postulates a linguistic solution chooses between 20 and 30 characters to make his alphabet and leaves out more than 100 rare glyphs.

What do we do with all these strange shapes that escape any understanding in the narrow framework of a language?

RE: No text, but a visual code - Antonio García Jiménez - 02-10-2022

The VM script is iconic in nature. I mean, the scribe or scribes try to graphically reproduce celestial movements, especially the Sun and the Moon. Is the reason why we see so many symbols with different shapes and combinations of shapes.

There are benched gallows that have a glyph c underneath, between the c's of the bench. I think it is the iconic way of representing the transit of the Moon in front of the Sun.
 There are also gallows that have a glyph c under the legs. The t and k gallows have the c under the right leg. They are connected, there is communication, there is no eclipse. On the contrary, in the case of p and f gallows, the glyph c, the Moon, is under the left leg. There is an eclipse of the Moon, which is not connected with the Sun, the right leg of the gallows.

It may be this way or something similar, but what is clear is that the multiple glyphs of the script go far beyond the narrow framework of a language.

RE: No text, but a visual code - Antonio García Jiménez - 07-10-2022

I don't like to use the transliterations of the glyphs, but I have no choice because my keyboard won't let me type them.

For example, to the word (chol) you can only add an (e) in a single position. Only (cheol) is possible. (choel), (echol) and (chole) do not exist in the script. There is therefore a clear structure in the placement of the glyphs.

Now forget the transliteration and see the glyphs as they are. What we see is that the only possible word is made up of three glyphs in a row that look like the letter c, the first two joined with a top bar, which we call a bench. Since I believe that glyph c is the symbol of the moon, it is logical that the same glyph follows the bench. The bench can simply be a phase of the moon followed by another equal symbol to reproduce the movement of the moon.

RE: No text, but a visual code - Antonio García Jiménez - 10-10-2022

One of the strongest feelings we get from the script is that you can easily add and remove glyphs.

Let us see for example these words between the stems of two flowers on folio 47v

The text fits perfectly. Gives the impression that it has been artificially fitted.

If we take another page, f69r, we see that the text in the circle is wrapped. Neither excess nor lack.

This observation can be made on many of the pages. What does this mean? One conclusion is that the script glyphs are like Lego pieces. They can be put on and taken off freely, which gives rise to the suspicion that each glyph has its own meaning.

RE: No text, but a visual code - Hermes777 - 10-10-2022

(10-10-2022, 02:49 PM)Antonio García Jiménez Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.One of the strongest feelings we get from the script is that you can easily add and remove glyphs.

Let us see for example these words between the stems of two flowers on folio 47v

The text fits perfectly. Gives the impression that it has been artificially fitted.

If we take another page, f69r, we see that the text in the circle is wrapped. Neither excess nor lack.

This observation can be made on many of the pages. What does this mean? One conclusion is that the script glyphs are like Lego pieces. They can be put on and taken off freely, which gives rise to the suspicion that each glyph has its own meaning.

Like Lego pieces. But pieces of different colours and shapes, with some pieces fitting together more easily than others it seems. Maybe a bit more like Tetris, because it seems the combination of pieces must fit into set containers. There are only certain shapes you can make with the pieces. But certainly the glyphs must have set properties and "powers" at the outset.