The Voynich Ninja
No text, but a visual code - Printable Version

+- The Voynich Ninja (https://www.voynich.ninja)
+-- Forum: Voynich Research (https://www.voynich.ninja/forum-27.html)
+--- Forum: Analysis of the text (https://www.voynich.ninja/forum-41.html)
+--- Thread: No text, but a visual code (/thread-2384.html)

RE: No text, but a visual code - Antonio García Jiménez - 06-12-2020

I still don't know how the VM script works, but I have no doubt that it is an astronomical code.

Why am I so sure? Because I have already seen enough clues and above all because I understand the VM imagery.

If you believe that in the book there is a biological section ot that the nice ladies represent real women, you may think that I write nonsense. The best thing is that you stop reading me.

The whole VM is only about one thing: how stars give their virtues to plants. Not only that, but how create them. The herbs we see are fantastic plants, but their authors have painted them that way because they believe that the stars can make them.

The only thing that the VM script does is relate the stars with the plants

RE: No text, but a visual code - Ruby Novacna - 06-12-2020

Antonio, why do I feel like you are repeating the same message? Is it me or is it Google translating badly?

RE: No text, but a visual code - -JKP- - 06-12-2020

There are medieval books of plants that relate stars to plants, but they usually do it in about three words per plant (e.g., ruling planet Aries). Sometimes one word (the name of the ruling planet placed next to the plant).

RE: No text, but a visual code - DONJCH - 06-12-2020

(06-12-2020, 12:17 PM)-JKP- Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.e.g., ruling planet Aries

JKP, I get the impression (not for the first time) that planets, stars and constellations were not always distinguished in medieval times.
Or at least the distinction was rather vague and often ignored.
Is this so?

RE: No text, but a visual code - Koen G - 06-12-2020

Yeah, I wonder the same, did they put constellations at the same level as planets? I guess purely astrologically they are similar entities.

RE: No text, but a visual code - Aga Tentakulus - 07-12-2020

In the past, the sun and moon had the same status.
One should be guided by history.
You should also be sure when you look at a picture that it is complete ! Most of the time half of it is missing.
These are not useful plants. No country rules.
For 10 thousand years, calendars have been made from sowing to harvest.
I have not yet seen an explanation why I should take this theory into account.

RE: No text, but a visual code - -JKP- - 07-12-2020

The distinctions were very vague.

Many diagrams of "the planets" included Moon, Mercury, Venus, Sun, Mars, Saturn, Jupiter (yes, the Sun was lumped in with "planets" because they assumed it orbited around the Earth).

Constellations were more often referred to as "stars" rather than planets (although planets were sometimes called stars). Sometimes they differentiated movable stars and fixed stars.

The zodiac constellations were frequently drawn as a ribbon to distinguish them from the other constellations.

RE: No text, but a visual code - Antonio García Jiménez - 07-12-2020

Let's see one of the great clues left by the authors of the VM to solve the enigma: the astronomical clock of the Rosettes folio.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.

Around the sphere we see marks grouped three by three. As bi3mw pointed out on one occasion, we see these stripes grouped by three (iii iii iii) in various places in the VM: in the design of the same Rosettes folio, in the pool of the nice ladies in You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. or in some of the extended gallows, inside the loops. bi3mw already said that it looked like something more than decoration.

For me it is obvious that it is a symbol that speaks for itself: each band of three lines represents one hour. It is best seen on the astronomical clock. Each line is 5 degrees of the sphere and they are grouped three to three to represent 15 degrees which is equal to one hour.

Is the glyph we see in the VM script that looks like the letter i and is repeated up to three times the same symbol?
 Of course. All the script are chains of time. Except for labels, the script is in continuous movement

RE: No text, but a visual code - Antonio García Jiménez - 10-12-2020

These images in f69r are very interesting

Here we have the three lines (15º, symbol of the hour) at the points of the star. And the same symbol is in one of the tubes that comes out of the star.

The message seems clear: the stars mark the passing of the hours.

The nude ladies, personification of the stars, are a metaphor of eternal time. The key is the spindles that carry four of them. They spin the hours of time.

I read on the Koen website the Darren Worley's comment about the spindle used as metaphor for the rotation of the heavens in Plato's Myth of Er. 

In ancient and medieval astronomy, the Sun walks against the clock through the ecliptic. It is the fixed stars of the eighth sphere that drag the sphere of the Sun and the rest of the spheres in the 24 hours of the day.

RE: No text, but a visual code - DONJCH - 11-12-2020

(10-12-2020, 04:13 PM)Antonio García Jiménez Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.These images in f69r are very interesting

Antonio, Unfortunately your first link is dead.
Also the second link shows a series of 5 lines, not 3.