The Voynich Ninja
Remove. - Printable Version

+- The Voynich Ninja (https://www.voynich.ninja)
+-- Forum: Voynich Research (https://www.voynich.ninja/forum-27.html)
+--- Forum: Imagery (https://www.voynich.ninja/forum-43.html)
+--- Thread: Remove. (/thread-2329.html)

Remove. - Bluetoes101 - 05-03-2018

Just delete the thread please admin.

RE: "Bird" and "Fire" F1r - Emma May Smith - 05-03-2018

Voynich was the name of the person who owned the manuscript and brought it to public attention. He had nothing to do with its creation. Indeed, the manuscript was created in the early 1400s. Voynich was not born until 1865.

Your idea has zero validity and zero usefulness for all future research.

RE: "Bird" and "Fire" F1r - Bluetoes101 - 05-03-2018

Thanks Emma, 

Maybe I cluttered my post with thoughts which is my error. 

The purpose was to show my initial thoughts and leading to the idea of "The Fowler and the Snake", without hiding how I got there. I actually go out of my way to disprove the idea that you have taken offense to. However I do not condemn ideas that such things could have taken place. That is another topic though.

I have edited my post to remove initial all ideas and only present image, hopefully this is of some use.

RE: "Bird" and "Fire" F1r - Emma May Smith - 06-03-2018

We have oceans of bad guesses. We don't need any more.

RE: Remove. - Bluetoes101 - 06-03-2018

Well I wasn't exactly expecting a "I don't like it, go away" response but ok, I will refrain from posting ideas and let "we" take care of it. 

Thanks.

RE: Remove. - VViews - 06-03-2018

Hi Bluetoes101,
I'm just now able to join the discussion here, and sorry to see things have taken such a regrettable turn.
I don't know what you originally posted, but frankly I don't understand Emma May Smith's reaction here. 
There have been some threads where certain posters have really tried the patience of forum members, so perhaps that is what has made Emma May Smith weary, but I don't think it is fair.

There are new people coming to Voynich research every day, they may not know everything about the manuscript before they post here, and there is nothing wrong with that.

I do not believe this is an "elite" forum for "experts" only... Should we just ban new members outright, until they present credentials? Davidsch once came up with a checklist to verify if one qualifies as an expert... I'm not sure there would be many members left on the forum if his checklist was an admission criteria.

I hope we can make new members feel welcome here, and that this can continue to be a space where people can ask questions, present impressions, etc.
If they are wrong about things and we can correct them (or want to take the time to), then so be it, and of course there will be disagreements... but there is no need to shun people right off the bat like that.

RE: Remove. - Koen G - 06-03-2018

Thank you, VViews. Emma, behind each account there is a real person with real feelings and ambitions. Even when someone's ideas are demonstrably false and you're having a really bad day, there are much better ways to communicate that.

I'll lock this thread now. Bluetoes, feel free to make it anew if you wish.