The Voynich Ninja
Interesting Vwords - qokeedy - Printable Version

+- The Voynich Ninja (https://www.voynich.ninja)
+-- Forum: Voynich Research (https://www.voynich.ninja/forum-27.html)
+--- Forum: Analysis of the text (https://www.voynich.ninja/forum-41.html)
+--- Thread: Interesting Vwords - qokeedy (/thread-2033.html)

Interesting Vwords - qokeedy - -JKP- - 31-07-2017

On the lkeedy thread, MarcoP wrote this, so I thought I would start a follow-up thread on qokeedy

Quote:MarcoP:
Another observation is that You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. qokeedy (a much more common word) correlates with both lkeedy and olkeedy: 69% of the pages that contain qokeedy also contain at least one of lkeedy / olkeedy

The two words sequence  qokeedy.olkeedy occurs three times (79v, 112r, 112v).
olkeedy.qokeedy occurs twice (f82v, f113r)
lkeedy.qokeedy occurs once (f112v)

RE: Interesting Vwords - qokeedy - -JKP- - 31-07-2017

[font=Verdana]This is what I have in my notes about qokeedy:[/font]

qokeedy first appears on f26r, in the big-plants section, in the first paragraph, in company with tokens that are mostly in the pool sections, and also the second paragraph, next to vords that connect to other sections, like the starred-text pages.

In both cases, qokeedy is followed by another qoke- vord. Thus, we have
  • qokeedy qokedy
  • qokeedy qokeedar

On f31r, we see it again, in the third paragraph, but this time it's not followed by a qoke[font=Verdana] word, it's preceded by one, giving [font=Eva]qokedy, qokeedy.[/font][/font]
[font=Verdana][font=Eva][font=Verdana]On 40v, it is similarly followed by a [font=Eva]qok word, but here the pattern slightly changes as there is no e after the k.[/font][/font][/font][/font]
[font=Verdana][font=Eva][font=Verdana]On 41r 2:3:1, it is again preceded by a [font=Eva]qoke vord and at the end of the paragraph, it's followed by two qoke vords.[/font][/font][/font][/font]

This is unique behavior compared to the previous Vword threads. In every case so far, [font=Eva]qokeedy is adjacent to another qok- vord and usually it's another qokc vord.[/font]

Then the pattern changes. On You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. the sequence is [font=Eva]qokeedy okeeg qokol
[font=Eva]qokeedy[/font] isn't adjacent to a qok word, but it's very near one.

On You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. it is both preceded and followed by qo vords as qotedy qokeedy qokody.

-----------------------------------

On 46v the pattern is broken and qokeedy has no relatives nearby. The same is true on f57r, no near relatives. Something has changed on the last two big-plant pages just before the 4 x 17 wheel. And then it reverts back to pattern...
-------------------------------------

qokeedy jumps to f66r, the margin-column folio directly after big plants, and the pattern reasserts itself with qokeedy qokal.

On You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. (the pool with arches) there are many instances...
[/font]
  • qokeedy is again preceded and followed by other [font=Eva]qoke vords as qokedy qokeedy qokedy and,[/font]
  • in paragraph 5, as [font=Eva]qotedy qokeedy qokeeg.[/font]
  • In the next paragraph, there is [font=Eva]dy intervening between them, as qokeedy dy qokedy.[/font]
  • In paragraph six, the pattern continues as [font=Eva]qokedy qokeedy qokeedy.[/font]
  • The pattern breaks in paragraph 6, 7, and 8. The nearest neighbors are various words not starting with [font=Eva]qo-.[/font]
  • Near the end, the pattern continues with [font=Eva]qokeedy qokeedy.[/font]
Then, another jump to the last starred-text page You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. where we see several instances.
  • Par. 3[font=Eva] qokeedy qokain. Note that qokain occurs numerous times in this paragraph and that this is the first time in the manuscript it has been paired with qokeedy.[/font]
  • The pattern breaks in the next paragraph, where it is flanked by other neighbors as [font=Eva]shedy qokeedy shedy[/font]
  • The pattern reasserts itself in par. 6 as [font=Eva]qokeey qokeedy and breaks again in par. 7 and 8.[/font]

So, [font=Eva]qokeedy is usually, but not always, adjacent to another qo vord, most of which also begin with qoke- and is found primarily on big-plant and pool pages. It does not appear on small-plant, zodiac, or cosmo pages.[/font]

RE: Interesting Vwords - qokeedy - zobowiazanie - 25-01-2023

Old thread, but this word caught my attention as well. The repetition of this word multiple times in a row is one of the most puzzling things for me in the VMS.

To me, it looks like some sort of numeral (like "one two two") or something similar to "very very very" in English. "Very" interesting!