The Voynich Ninja
The presence of FIVE - Printable Version

+- The Voynich Ninja (https://www.voynich.ninja)
+-- Forum: Voynich Research (https://www.voynich.ninja/forum-27.html)
+--- Forum: Voynich Talk (https://www.voynich.ninja/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: The presence of FIVE (/thread-1956.html)

Pages: 1 2

RE: The presence of FIVE - davidjackson - 24-06-2017

JKP, he said he got it from
Quote: I am using a "not great" source called Dictionary of Symbols, c1991.

Which I assume is You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. by J.E. Cirlot, if Vonologia can confirm? Couldn't find the reference within, didn't look that hard.

The alkali's were often represented by a o superimposed upon a + (the acids were simply a +) and then surrounded by different marks depending upon the reactant. So the figure sort of makes sense, although it's missing the + sign.

Vonologia, send a PM with a description of the problem if you keep getting problems uploading images.

RE: The presence of FIVE - davidjackson - 24-06-2017

Afterthought - As I've often mentioned before, the majority of these alchemical symbols were codified during the Renaissance, at least a century after the vellum was prepared for the VM.

RE: The presence of FIVE - Vonologia - 26-06-2017

(24-06-2017, 10:10 AM)davidjackson Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.JKP, he said he got it from

Which I assume is You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. by J.E. Cirlot, if Vonologia can confirm? Couldn't find the reference within, didn't look that hard.

The alkali's were often represented by a o superimposed upon a + (the acids were simply a +) and then surrounded by different marks depending upon the reactant. So the figure sort of makes sense, although it's missing the + sign.

Vonologia, send a PM with a description of the problem if you keep getting problems uploading images.
Agree with DavidJackson regarding "alchemy."

Source is:
Dictionary of Symbols
c.1991
Carl G Liungman
Originally Published by Merkur Int'l KB, Malmo, Sweden.

RE: The presence of FIVE - -JKP- - 26-06-2017

(26-06-2017, 03:35 AM)Vonologia Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
(24-06-2017, 10:10 AM)davidjackson Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.JKP, he said he got it from

Source is:
Dictionary of Symbols
c.1991
Carl G Liungman

Well maybe I zoomed past it. I went through the entire document twice, looking for that symbol and couldn't find it. Maybe I went too fast but is there any chance you can remember approximately where it was? Beginning, middle, end?

RE: The presence of FIVE - Vonologia - 26-06-2017

(26-06-2017, 08:22 AM)-JKP- Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
(26-06-2017, 03:35 AM)Vonologia Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.

Source is:
Dictionary of Symbols
c.1991
Carl G Liungman

Well maybe I zoomed past it. I went through the entire document twice, looking for that symbol and couldn't find it. Maybe I went too fast but is there any chance you can remember approximately where it was? Beginning, middle, end?

Page 528, Group 54, bottom was the one that caught my eye.