The Voynich Ninja
Scorpios - Printable Version

+- The Voynich Ninja (https://www.voynich.ninja)
+-- Forum: Voynich Research (https://www.voynich.ninja/forum-27.html)
+--- Forum: Astrology (https://www.voynich.ninja/forum-34.html)
+--- Thread: Scorpios (/thread-175.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Scorpios - davidjackson - 03-02-2016

I have this vision of Don as a whiskery old Elmer Fudd-style southern curmudgeon ... with a surprising sideline in European medievalia Big Grin (*)

Feel free to upload them into the resources section Don, it will be a useful compilation for future references. Make sure you put your credit and link to site on the post. If the upload limits don't let you, tell me.

*Acerbic British humour going on here!

RE: Scorpios - don of tallahassee - 03-02-2016

(03-02-2016, 05:59 PM)davidjackson Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.I have this vision of Don as a whiskery old Elmer Fudd-style southern curmudgeon ... with a surprising sideline in European medievalia Big Grin (*)

Feel free to upload them into the resources section Don, it will be a useful compilation for future references. Make sure you put your credit and link to site on the post. If the upload limits don't let you, tell me.

*Acerbic British humour going on here!
You forgot mean, evil, nasty, stubborn, ugly, sonovabitch and quite a few other descriptors. I have the whole list here somewhere - let me see if I can find it for you.  Wink (*)

Thank you.

Don of Tallahassee

PS - Will try to upload to resources section this evening.

* Smack 'em on the side of the head with a tire iron American humor going on here.

RE: Scorpios - don of tallahassee - 03-02-2016

Ah, here it is. It's rather long - will only include the ending.

"...short-tempered, evil-tempered, nasty-tempered and mean-tempered old bastard with a leering sneer revealing bared fangs dripping bile and ichor, venom and vituperation."

Yup, that's me. A real fun guy and Southren (notice spelling) gentleman. As told by my best friend.  Smile

Thank you.

Don of Tallahassee

RE: Scorpios - MarcoP - 04-02-2016

A late but beautiful one was published by J.K.Petersen here:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
It is from Morgan ms G.1, Book of Hours, France, Loire, ca. 1475
I guess it was excluded on the basis of the date, but I like it anyway (it also has hears, even if they are not of the roo-kind).

RE: Scorpios - don of tallahassee - 04-02-2016

(04-02-2016, 09:32 AM)MarcoP Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.A late but beautiful one was published by J.K.Petersen here:
It is from Morgan ms G.1, Book of Hours, France, Loire, ca. 1475
I guess it was excluded on the basis of the date, but I like it anyway (it also has hears, even if they are not of the roo-kind).
I don't know why it wasn't included, unless I just didn't come across it. I tried to include everything that might be a possible model or influence that resembled the one in the VMS. And I think I remember seeing it. Maybe it was the date - don't remember. Maybe I just couldn't get my magic box machine to copy the image (that's happened a few times).

The other possibility is that it got clipped and lost while reassembling the images into a coherent (mostly) whole. There may be a few other such missing images from various files.

Some researchers seem to tend to leave out images or facts that don't shed a favorable light on their theory(ies). I don't. Since the focus of my research has been (and is still) the text, I am not as selective or protective of my image finds and ideas as some others might be. I just throw everything out there to be viewed and evaluated by others.

Some of these images, like the green water file, I have gathered without any theory or ideas, only because I could and because you others might be interested.

No sense in us doing the searching twice.

Thank you for sending in your image find. If more get sent in (hope, hope), I will redo the stats at the end of the file and maybe enlarge the area of use of the form.

Thank you.

Don of Tallahassee

In my humble opipion, someone should assemble a file similar to my Scorpios file (the big one, not just the 24 or whatever the number is) on the Sagittarius archers to show likenesses, dates and areas of origin/use. That may reveal something hitherto unsuspected, especially if assembled from earliest date of appearance onward (as opposed to doing it region by region or for one specific region only). It needs to be as all inclusive as possible.

But not me.

I did the Scorpios and don't want to be a hog. (And I am essentially a very lazy person.)

Maybe it could be a community project with everyone sending in their contributions to a compiler person?

Thank you.

Don of Tallahassee

RE: Scorpios - Diane - 06-02-2016

Don,
Thank you for that lovely collection of Scorpio pictures.
And about the "typing finger" - I know exactly what you mean. Sometimes I wish I had a live-in reviewer to vet everything I post.
Smile 

Diane

RE: Scorpios - VViews - 26-06-2018

I wasn't sure where to post this image, but since it features a four-legged Scorpio I guess I'll add it to this thread, although several signs are interesting.
I wish they would digitize the rest of this MS!
[Image: 16465485_243413599450192_532581263162002...Mg%3D%3D.2]

Wellcome MS 349, 1488, Heymandus de Veteri Busco, Ars computistica, with astrological and divinatory material

RE: Scorpios - ReneZ - 26-06-2018

This seems to be it:

RE: Scorpios - Koen G - 26-06-2018

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.  Huh

RE: Scorpios - VViews - 31-07-2019

Not a scorpio image but just a tidbit I stumbled upon:

In Icelandic, Scorpio = sporðdrekinn,   Sporð = tail and dreki = dragon
Not saying the Voynich Scorpio (or any of the reptile-scorpio images) are of Icelandic origin, but it's almost a relief to know that there's at least one language in which the images of Scorpio as a reptile with a prominent tail make some etymological sense.