The Voynich Ninja
Alchemical Symbolism in the VMS - Printable Version

+- The Voynich Ninja (https://www.voynich.ninja)
+-- Forum: Voynich Research (https://www.voynich.ninja/forum-27.html)
+--- Forum: Voynich Talk (https://www.voynich.ninja/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: Alchemical Symbolism in the VMS (/thread-1745.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

RE: Alchemical Symbolism in the VMS - Aga Tentakulus - 30-06-2021

Das ist der erste Teil. übersetzt.
An Deinem Beispiel, es ist möglich das er später im Text darauf hinweist. Ich werde das Buch später weiter lesen und Dir sagen wann und ab wo es um Alkohol geht.

Das erste Kapitel
Die Erkenntnis von unserem Himmel oder fünfte Wesen.
Wie man die Sonne zu unserem Himmel tun soll.
Wie man mit unseren Sternen unseren Himmel zieren soll und ihn auch machen das er unserer Liebe gesünde ( Gesundheit ) gebe.

This is the first part. translated.
In your example, it is possible that he refers to it later in the text. I will continue reading the book later and tell you when and from where it is about alcohol.

The first chapter
The knowledge of our heaven or fifth being.
How to do the sun e to our heaven.
How to decorate our sky with our stars and also make it give sin (health) to our love.

RE: Alchemical Symbolism in the VMS - bi3mw - 30-06-2021

(30-06-2021, 01:56 PM)Aga Tentakulus Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.Die Erkenntnis von unserem Himmel oder fünfte Wesen

Wie man die Sonne zu unserem Himmel tun soll.

Quote:DeVun, L. Prophecy, Alchemy, and the End of Time Columbia University Press, 2009

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.

RE: Alchemical Symbolism in the VMS - Helmut Winkler - 30-06-2021

I am not sure, because I have not seen the original publicatiom, but there seems to be an edition of the German JdR text, see the Handschritencensus Literatur

(30-06-2021, 03:19 PM)Helmut Winkler Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.I am not sure, because I have not seen the original publicatiom, but there seems to be an edition of the German JdR text, see the Handschritencensus Literatur
There is probably a critical edition of the text by Udo Benzenhöfer, but the book is out of print even from the publisher and cannot be bought anywhere else.

RE: Alchemical Symbolism in the VMS - nablator - 30-06-2021

(30-06-2021, 01:00 PM)bi3mw Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.I have a hard time reading the rest of the text. Perhaps someone can at least translate the beginning correctly.

From Johannesʼ de Rupescissa Liber de consideratione quintae essentiae omnium rerum: deutsch (1989) by Udo Benzenhöfe

(30-06-2021, 03:34 PM)nablator Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.From Johannesʼ de Rupescissa Liber de consideratione quintae essentiae omnium rerum: deutsch (1989) by Udo Benzenhöfe
Great find nablator ! Is this book available online, do you have a link ?

(30-06-2021, 03:45 PM)bi3mw Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.Great find nablator ! Is this book available online, do you have a link ?
Yes, I have a totally illegal download link. (PM)

RE: Alchemical Symbolism in the VMS - Koen G - 30-06-2021

Better PM each other.

Funffte Wesen is an interesting direct loan translation from Latin - both essentia and wesen mean "being".

RE: Alchemical Symbolism in the VMS - Aga Tentakulus - 30-06-2021

Es handelt vom vergären und brennen von Alkohol.
Sätze wie.....
Die Kunst wie das die armen mögen ohne grosse Kosten gebranten Wein machen.
Wie man das fünfte Wesen von allen Früchten, Blumen und Wurzeln  ziehen soll.
Wie man das fünfte Wesen erkennen soll was das beste ist und was man damit machen soll.

It is about fermenting and distilling alcohol.
Sentences like.....
The art of how the poor may make distilled wine without great expense.
How to draw the fifth essence from all fruits, flowers and roots.
How to recognise the fifth essence, what is best and what to do with it.

(30-06-2021, 03:59 PM)Aga Tentakulus Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.It is about fermenting and distilling alcohol.
This looks like a summary or table of contents. It's before the proemium.