The Voynich Ninja
VMS decryption scenarios - Printable Version

+- The Voynich Ninja (https://www.voynich.ninja)
+-- Forum: Voynich Research (https://www.voynich.ninja/forum-27.html)
+--- Forum: Analysis of the text (https://www.voynich.ninja/forum-41.html)
+--- Thread: VMS decryption scenarios (/thread-159.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: VMS decryption scenarios - Wladimir D - 28-11-2018

JKP / I put Example 10 in this sequence only to show the trend of mnemonics. In this series I wanted to add You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. leaves, but could not find a mnemonic insect with long front legs. These leaves can be compared with the mammoth (top view). But who could know about its existence?
DONJChH, Koen. I remember the time of the invention of the microscope / telescope with respect to carbon dating of VMS. I understand, that they will again attack me with “Okama’s razor”. But the question remains, how did the African Dogon tribe know that the star Alnitak in the constellation Orion is a double star (excluding  3 stars, 10 magnitudes).
 I would not be surprised if the “floating sea mine” at the root of the You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. plant turns out to be pollen.
Funny how the nature of the microworld plays with the surrounding (visible without tools) nature. Compare Amoeba Negleria Fowler with Rosyanka leaf (JKP), forest mallow pollen and horse chestnut.

RE: VMS decryption scenarios - -JKP- - 28-11-2018

There are quite a few natural forms that have the shape of that bumpy root, both plant and animal...

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.

RE: VMS decryption scenarios - Wladimir D - 28-10-2020

I am more and more inclined to believe that many drawings of plants (especially in the section of small plants) are a combination (mosaic) of a set of elements from different plants.
Here are some more examples with similar elements.
For example, at the root 35r and 88r, even the shading is the same, but the other elements are different.[font=Arial, sans-serif]     [/font]

RE: VMS decryption scenarios - Koen G - 30-10-2020

Yes, this is exactly what I think as well, I've compared it to lego blocks. They use (probably naturalistic) plant parts to kind of construct what they want. Certain flower shapes are also repeated over and over.

That said, plenty of plants also have unique elements. It's like a mix of unique and recycled blocks, whereby my guess would be that the balance tips in favor of the unique.

RE: VMS decryption scenarios - -JKP- - 31-10-2020

I think You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. (the one Wladimir inadvertently labeled as 35r) and f102r2 are drawn the same way because they are the same plant.

Also, the nodules and segments drawn on some of the plant roots are found on real plants. Some elements of the drawings might be similar because they are simplified representations of normal botanical elements.