The Voynich Ninja
VMS decryption scenarios - Printable Version

+- The Voynich Ninja (https://www.voynich.ninja)
+-- Forum: Voynich Research (https://www.voynich.ninja/forum-27.html)
+--- Forum: Analysis of the text (https://www.voynich.ninja/forum-41.html)
+--- Thread: VMS decryption scenarios (/thread-159.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: VMS decryption scenarios - Koen G - 21-03-2017

Good stuff as usual, Wladimir. Might there be a bit of similarity between the last ones you posted? 

RE: VMS decryption scenarios - Wladimir D - 26-11-2018

I analyzed the leaves of plants, and with high probability I can say that some forms of leaves cannot be found in nature. I picked up a possible mnemonic content for them.

1 Stag beetle, 2 Rhinoceros beetle, 3 symphilis (Scolopendrella immaculata), 4 Centipede, 5 Crocodile, 6 crum (perhaps a simplified frog pattern, top view), 7 schematic (cheerful) rat pattern, 8 amoeba common, 9 actinia, 10 Amoeba Negleria Fowler.
[font=Verdana, sans-serif]     [/font]

RE: VMS decryption scenarios - -JKP- - 26-11-2018

Wladimir, I like your examples and I agree that there may be mnemonic content in a number of the leaf shapes, but there are two examples that are found in nature...

6r can be found in nature. It can be found in philodendrons and a number of other plants. 53r can also be found in nature. 45r I'm not sure about. There are some plants that are similar, but the leaf might be slightly exaggerated, or it might be mnemonic.

But... I still think these are good examples to get the idea across.

RE: VMS decryption scenarios - DONJCH - 26-11-2018

(26-11-2018, 02:38 PM)Wladimir D Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.I analyzed the leaves of plants, and with high probability I can say that some forms of leaves cannot be found in nature. I picked up a possible mnemonic content for them.

1 Stag beetle, 2 Rhinoceros beetle, 3 symphilis (Scolopendrella immaculata), 4 Centipede, 5 Crocodile, 6 crum (perhaps a simplified frog pattern, top view), 7 schematic (cheerful) rat pattern, 8 amoeba common, 9 actinia, 10 Amoeba Negleria Fowler.

Hello Wladimir,

I was in general agreement until number 8. Surely not micro organisms?

10 actually reminds me of a cactus - there is one Old World species found in Africa and Sri Lanka
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
Note the bulbous fruit.

The wiki article also got me thinking about migratory birds as a possible means of transmitting New World plants, in relation to the sunflower discussions.

No doubt JKP will shoot me down here! Wink

RE: VMS decryption scenarios - -JKP- - 26-11-2018

Don, I was thinking You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. might be one of the many plants that has leaves like this:

[Image: salsola-tragus1.jpg]

Or like this:

[Image: thistle_sow_spiny_2sh25_082709_640x480.jpg]

Or like this:

[Image: Growing-Carnivorous-Plants-Sundews-1.jpg]

The latter one also has similar flowers to the VMS plant.

RE: VMS decryption scenarios - Koen G - 26-11-2018

Your nr1 is especially convincing - JKP wrote about this as well. Since then I've been paying attention to the pattern down the middle, and it's generally used to draw the spines of critters that are seen from above. Invertebrates like insects can have this "spine", but frogs, lizards and so on as well. So I would say it's very likely You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. alludes to some kind of bug with prominent mandibles.

I agree with Don though, it's historically impossible for one-cell organisms to be included.

RE: VMS decryption scenarios - DONJCH - 27-11-2018

JKP,

You are correct of course. Some kind of nettle or, as you say, sunflower is much more likely than cactus.

Still, that Wiki though... Sub Saharan Africa as possible origin?...low entropy languages, tick....ancient Phoenician traderoutes, tick...largely ignored previously, tick.

RE: VMS decryption scenarios - -JKP- - 27-11-2018

Sorry, Don, but there are no nettles or sunflowers in those pictures.

They include thistle, sonchus, and sundew.

RE: VMS decryption scenarios - DONJCH - 27-11-2018

(27-11-2018, 03:24 AM)-JKP- Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.Sorry, Don, but there are no nettles or sunflowers in those pictures.

They include thistle, sonchus, and sundew.

JKP,

Yes, thistles and sundews, not nettles and sunflowers, clearly.
Brain.exe failed to load this morning.

RE: VMS decryption scenarios - Aldis Mengelsons - 27-11-2018

Why you lads at first did read  a text? Some of those "plants" actualy wasnt plants at all ,like in very first pages.By guesing its hard to do .Ihave translated 42r and gave a help to Edith Sherwood to recognize those plants(she not interested any moore) .Just read it and then you will get a reasons for what those plants was used . Dodgy