The Voynich Ninja
VMS decryption scenarios - Printable Version

+- The Voynich Ninja (https://www.voynich.ninja)
+-- Forum: Voynich Research (https://www.voynich.ninja/forum-27.html)
+--- Forum: Analysis of the text (https://www.voynich.ninja/forum-41.html)
+--- Thread: VMS decryption scenarios (/thread-159.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: VMS decryption scenarios - Anton - 13-03-2016

Quote:Say you and a friend are sitting at the side of the road late one morning listening to approaching hoof beats.   He's visiting from Montana but you've lived in the area all your life;  Austin, TX.   He says the hoof beats are horses,  you tell him it's 5 zebra and 2 camels.   His assumption of horses is the best explanation requiring the fewest assumption since his assumption is that, as it is in Montana,  horses are more common in Texas than zebra or camels.   He's right about his assumptions,  but wrong about the horses.  When a man and his wife pass by riding camels and herding five zebra,  you explain that them more relevant assumption was that your neighbors were taking their herd out for a run like they do every day at noon.   If you're going to shave with Oscar's razor you're going to nick yourself sometimes.  But if you don't know how to use it you're just as likely to cut your throat.

This example is apparently not correct since the second researcher has additional apriori knowledge, so they two are inequal in respect to the basis for their assumptions. Ockham's razor would apply, say, if a guy, while possessing this apriori knowledge about zebras and camels, would make an assumption instead that the Devil is approaching.

Quote:As for why I'm willing to consider cell division let's unpack a bit.   An understanding of the process of cell divsion or some of its outputs doesn't require an understanding of cells,  or even that you have the concept.   It requires that you are aware of and attempt to explain things like growth and healing -  and I'm not going new age on you - that's just what cell division is.   I'm not critiquing the methodology behind this approach because I haven't taken the time yet to review all the background material.   If I do decide the approach seems untenable it will likely not be because of a word choice in translating a concept.  I addressed your objection to cells not because I really believe this approach will work,  but because it's more interesting than another substitution cipher.  I didn't find your objection to cells to be decisive; honestly it seemed like nit-picking.   Push over the apple cart if the apples are all rotten.   But if you see a single apple that might be bad,  look closer.   The apple might be fine, the apple might be wormy but not inherently bad,  or the apples might all be bad. 

I think you believe you have the guy backed into a corner and are kicking his legs out from under him.   My perception is that he's a kid rolling his hoop down the road.   You've thrown a rock at his hoop but it's not going to hit so he doesn't even bother to bat it away.  He might hit a rock in the road,  hit the hoop too hard with his stick or get run over by a truck and end up with a broken hoop.   It might fall over and he won't be able to get it rolling again.   He might even get it to the end of the road.   But as long as the hoop isn't obviously busted and he's not trying to drag it down the road rather than roll it,  let the kid play.

By no means I want to prevent anybody from developing any theory or direction of research, unless I am funding those as a taxpayer or an investor (which is not the case with the VMS). But at the same time I am (as anyone is) free to introduce critique of the proposals bein thrown in. If I see something unlikely, as the cell division, I just point that out. If I see something unsubstantiated, as why "89" is сell division, and not chromosome division, I also point that out. Until I hear any substantiation beside the simple "this is not impossible", I'm sorry I cannot take those assumption seriously.

There are infinite number of possibilities in Nature. No life of no men is sufficient to investigate all of them. Nothing is impossible, except when ruled out by formal logic (like it is impossible that two incompatible events both occur). Is it possible that the Sun will not rise tomorrow? Yes, it is. Is it probable, then? Well, it is not. So investigating unlikely possibilities is not my methodology. Other people are welcome to do as they wish (unless they are my government or my payees).

RE: VMS decryption scenarios - Wladimir D - 13-03-2016

I can not be overpersuade on the issue of the existence of aliens (parallel civilization on another level of development).
If in front of me stood the problem of mapping of language of telepathy in a written form, to describe the interaction of biological objects, in the framework of the programmable symbols - "alphabet", I would put in basis the following concepts. The cell (9) - the basis of all life. Atom (n) - the basis of everything is not alive. Water ( o,a).

PS.
  8 - symbol telophase. Zygote process is completed.

RE: VMS decryption scenarios - crezac - 13-03-2016

(13-03-2016, 06:16 PM)Anton Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.This example is apparently not correct since the second researcher has additional apriori knowledge, so they two are inequal in respect to the basis for their assumptions.  Ockham's razor would apply, say, if a guy, while possessing this apriori knowledge about zebras and camels, would make an assumption instead that the Devil is approaching.

Occam's razor can always be applied when you're making assumptions.   My point was that even if you apply Oscar's razor you are not guaranteed correct assumptions.   Just the best one's you can make.   The local in my answer was asserting facts,  not offering a hypothesis and has no need to test assumptions.   To borrow from your response he was just telling his friend how the sun was going to rise.

FYI,  I got lost in the transition between plants and telepathy on parallel earths so I'm unlikely to follow this thread.  You appear to have been right about that ;+).

RE: VMS decryption scenarios - Wladimir D - 14-03-2016

I agree with you completely. The principle of "Occam's Razor" in the translation of the manuscript works fine for 500 years. Wink Only gives a zero result. 
Therefore, two method sused to solve complex problems.  1. "Brainstorm" (collective work) , and if that does not work
2. Attracting "fresh head" (a new way of solving the problem). hereinafter first method is turned on again.

RE: VMS decryption scenarios - Wladimir D - 18-05-2016

Who realized my algorithm №1 knows “пio = cheo” means  (part)  outgrowth (“пioя = cheol “- outgrowth in the upper leaves,  the petiole: “пio2 = cheor” - outgrowth of the upper roots: “пio89 – cheody“ - outgrowth at the tip the plant, bud: “пio9 = cheoy” - outgrowth in the flower, pistil:  “пio& = cheom” - outgrowth of stalk ... ).. Allocated in yellow.
Consider the tag on 100r page “ояпio& = olcheom”.
“оя = оl” - juice of the upper leaves.
“пio& = cheom” -  sprout of stem  (young sprout of stalk - in accordance with a picture).
The whole word “ояпio& = olcheom” means juice of cotyledons.  

On page 55v is located the word "пia89 = cheady" (one to find in the text). It is similar to "пio89 = cheody" (translation - bud, button), but it written with a symbol "а", that is must be translated as the lower button. Look at the picture of the plant. Such kind of flower is found only once. Flower, represents the ready to become loose inflorescence - corymb, as the Turkish carnations. Out of each outgrowth should appear an individual flower. That is character "a" in the word “пia89 = cheady“ denotes the lower tier of the flower.
 This is indirectly confirmed by the fact that there is no word "пiio89 = cheeody" (inflorescence) on this page.

RE: VMS decryption scenarios - Wladimir D - 18-07-2016

In the Caucasus Mountains lives a group of people - Vainakh. One of them - the Chechens. They consider themselves descendants from Noah. Thanks Noah, they have inherited the Sumerian (as they think) language.
The ancient hechen writing was ideographic writing. Ideograms are found on many ancient structures. Each ideogram had many meanings. (See the tab) Ideograms not deciphered, but it is believed that each ideogram was attached phonemic significance. With the help of the Chechen language can be decoded the names of the Sumerian rulers and gods.
"For example, the name of Ninhursag, which Sumer- translators termine, how the mother of all living, we have is read how Нана х1ора сега - The mother of every person. "God - ENKI. "The original form - An Ka - heavenly a ram-maker." Rizvan Ibragimov - Chechen ethnographer (personal communication)
Very interesting how are formed words   (even in the modern language) in the nominative form words relating to the notion of "plant".
Гa - 1) branch 2) stem (grafting or multiplication) 3) leaf (rare).
Г1a - leaf.
Г1ад- 1) stem. 2) the river bed (Г1айр - silting of the riverbed, + e = Г1айре- the Island)
Г1aм -  The witch. And in Russian the word "witch" means - the woman (mother) which knows a lot. In the Chechen language  - a woman who knows the leaves. M (female - female breast).
Г1aж - the stick
Чаг1ар - wine.   Ча – the straw
 Note. Symbol "I" on the Russian keyboard typed or 1, or "square". You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
This method is very similar to the way, which I have described (with translation) in the first algorithm (below).
Another example is transformation (in two steps)
Зaзa - inflorescence.
Зaзaн- Petal
Зeзаг – flower
Dictionary You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
A feature of the language is that when the declension of nouns often changing the vowel in the root.
In the cognates words symbol "д" can be changed to б, в, т, й (Rus.)
Words often have multiple meanings. Very important is the context and the order of words in phrases
The word "дургал" 1)  the pollen 2) the stamen 3) the nectar. Becoming a in “марг1ал “ -  the outgrowth.
This may explain repetition of words in the VMS, if (herbal) text is enumeration elements of the plant.
Interestingly formation of the word "the plant".
буц - grass.
г1a - leaf
г1aбуц - the plant.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It is necessary to be recalled what I wrote Nick.
25 - 30 years ago in the wet sand of the shore of the Caspian lake (Sea) met inscriptions symbols VMS. This is the land of the Chechens.

RE: VMS decryption scenarios - Wladimir D - 26-01-2017

I restore messages!!!

I analyzed the text, match the words on the pages f17r, You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. and f99r.
It depicts a very similar plant.

On all pages has words daiin, aiin and sar.
f96v and f99r  unite, only these words.
The word "daiin" I translate  - plant. (Now Anton also suggests that this herb / plant). See algorithm 2.
Word aiin I translate - to grow. Plant and grow cognates. These words has the same root in many Slavic languages (Russian, Polish, Slovak, Slovenian, Macedonian, Bulgarian ...). Here is used phonetically  a common root words .
If we consider the Finno-Ugric group of languages (Udmurt, Hungarian, Mari), here the word "grow" and "plant" and cognates (but each of these languages has its own (phonetic) the root of the word).
The word  “sar” I translate - juice (oblong / elongate) rhizomes. S - motion / state.
Additional the intersection of the words in the 17r and 99r is due, to the fact that these plants - curling (at the end of the stem has "mustache" for attachment to the support).
Additional the intersection of 17r and 96v allegedly occurring because of the peculiarities of the root. (Hairy, downy).

Response to the question Julian

In this topic, I am considering the possibility of an analogue of hieroglyphic writing. Meaning of the symbols - You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. . But such writing need a strong Brain and excellent memory to remember all the combinations of symbols.
Replays characters I view as the stage of plant development. (i, ii, iii) - development in time (young, mature, old). (e, ee, eee) - development in the space (petioles, flower spike, inflorescence).
 In my opinion, there language is no in the plural form. For designate of plural form used repeats the words. Double repetition - plural. Triplicate - a lot. Quadruple repeat - very much.
All the gallows I view as separate words. Inserting the gallows in a bench - noun + adjective. Jump on the first floor of the gallows - to change the part of speech of the main word (verb?).

I made intersection of words of text on the "large plants" and paragraphs are, on which describe the same "small plants".

The results in drawings.

These figures shows, that the coloring the roots doesn't matter much.

These 9 small plants are identified without doubt. There are approximately 20 small plants, which coincide with leaves of large plants, but the root is not similar. Or on the contrary, the root is similar and the leaves are not. On It is can affect, simplification or mnemonics.
There is a peculiar grouping these small plants.
1 / On f102 at four plants f18v, f23r, f32v, f47v.
2 / On  f89v2 two plants f89v2 f48r, f48v.
3 / On f102r1 two plants f1v, f37v.
The grouping of large plants.
4 / Sequence f18v, f19r
5 / Sequence f47v, f48r, f48v
6 / Pages  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. and  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. constitute bifolio You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
  and small pictures are on the same page f102r2 together .