The Voynich Ninja
[Movie] HOW VOYNICH WAS WRITTEN - Printable Version

+- The Voynich Ninja (https://www.voynich.ninja)
+-- Forum: Voynich Research (https://www.voynich.ninja/forum-27.html)
+--- Forum: News (https://www.voynich.ninja/forum-25.html)
+--- Thread: [Movie] HOW VOYNICH WAS WRITTEN (/thread-1358.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

RE: HOW VOYNICH WAS WRITTEN - -JKP- - 04-01-2017

(04-01-2017, 05:29 PM)Wolfgang99 Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.Plus, you are completely ignoring the rigid structure of the shapes and the repetitive nature of the text. Your system has to take these into account, as well.
text is repetitive because letters are letters-container, I think this point is clear

No, I believe you are oversimplifying the situation by offering that as an explanation. Even if it is a container... even if it is a container for four different sets of shapes, the extreme repetition and rigidity of position of the VMS vords will still influence the interpretation of the shapes and you have not given any accounting for this dynamic.

Wolfgang wrote: you ignore the meaning of "resolution". you can enlarge the original much more. for example, quality printing is 600 DPI, max resolution available is 400 DPI

You don't have to print it to translate it. You can translate it from the screen. And many printers these days, even cheap ones, can print at 1200 DPI if you set them to high resolution and print on smooth paper.

RE: HOW VOYNICH WAS WRITTEN - davidjackson - 04-01-2017

Let us get into a personal argument about why an action was not taken, please. 
Jkp has established that Wolfgang 99 has not used his system to translate any substantial portion of the text and Wolfgang 99 has given his reasons. Let us concentrate on the method, not the implementation.

RE: HOW VOYNICH WAS WRITTEN - -JKP- - 04-01-2017

(04-01-2017, 08:07 PM)davidjackson Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.Let us get into a personal argument about why an action was not taken, please. 
Jkp has established that Wolfgang 99 has not used his system to translate any substantial portion of the text and Wolfgang 99 has given his reasons. Let us concentrate on the method, not the implementation.

The theory assumes a level of skill and a level of scale that are not practical in a small manuscript with a rough surface.

Vellum is generally smoother than regular parchment, it's a finer texture, but it's still rough enough that the pen will stutter as it crosses certain portions and tiny amounts of ink will pool in the fissures and pores. The pooling and scumbling can be seen in some of the portions that are painted and the pen stutters can be seen in the high-resolution scans.

Wolfgang is proposing that tiny portions of each glyph are so finely tuned that the shape and angle of each micro-portion varies enough to represent four different recognizable sets of letters/words/phrases. Some of the VMS glyphs are only 1/32nd of an inch in width. For that letter to contain three, four, or more micro-portions supposes that the scribes, who were not expert penmen, could control angles and shapes down to less than 1/64th of an inch in an era where people didn't have eyeglasses, reading lenses were primitive and hard to get, and smooth writing surfaces, like calendered paper, didn't exist.

I said at the beginning that I think it's a cool idea, but I see no evidence in the script that there was any effort to control the individual curves in each glyph in a way intended to convey meanings. I spent a great deal of time studying the script and the variations in pen are normal and natural when compared to other less formal manuscripts and do not show signs of having an embedded subtext in the shapes.

To say that a straight-9 might mean something different from a curved-9 is certainly possible—but to say that there are 4 or 5 letters/phrases (multiplied by four different stencils) incorporated into a single 9 glyph at such a tiny scale needs further substantiation.

RE: HOW VOYNICH WAS WRITTEN - Wolfgang99 - 05-01-2017

to davidjackson: just to understand the level of this blog:
You don't have to print it to translate it. You can translate it from the screen. And many printers these days, even cheap ones, can print at 1200 DPI if you set them to high resolution and print on smooth paper.
if I use a HDTV (1920x1080) as monitor for my PC that have a video card VGA (640*480) the resolution will be always 640x480
if I print beinecke 400 DPI scans with a laserprinter 1200 DPI the resolution will be always 400 DPI
Everybody agree this?
I'm preparing a new video entitled "back to real dimensions" in which I use stencil n.2 reproduced with a 3d printer and a ancient pen-nib to write some words with letters container system and of course, a goldsmith lens.
I only need a enlargement to give the solution!

RE: HOW VOYNICH WAS WRITTEN - Davidsch - 05-01-2017

whoeha, thank you wolfgang. it was really funny. Big Grin  I clicked on a random link and saw part of the video:

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.

Especially the Voice Over did a marvelous job in creation of a "X-file" atmosphere!

Of course this is all a lot of nonsense in the docu which will hopefully be proven someday.

RE: HOW VOYNICH WAS WRITTEN - -JKP- - 05-01-2017

Wolfgang99to davidjackson: just to understand the level of this blog:

if I use a HDTV (1920x1080) as monitor for my PC that have a video card VGA (640*480) the resolution will be always 640x480

if I print beinecke 400 DPI scans with a laserprinter 1200 DPI the resolution will be always 400 DPI

Everybody agree this?

Actually, you can adjust the resolution of the scans to about 150% or 200% and, with antialiasing, this gives substantially good results without distortion of the fine details. In the following example, you can clearly see where the ink has skipped over some of the rough parts of the vellum and you can also see the light and dark shades from the uneven composition of the ink quite clearly.

Here is an example of how much you can see in the high-resolution scans. It's really quite a bit larger than what you could see (or achieve with a pen) in the actual manuscript (you may have to click on it to see if full-sized). Compare it to the ruler. What you see on the screen is about three times larger than what you would see if you were holding it in your hand:

High-resolution scan: [Image: Voyf1vdetail.jpg]

Here is what it looks like when the scan is shrunk down to the approximate size of the actual manuscript:

Approximate size of manuscript: [Image: Voyf1vdetail2.jpg]

The scans really do show a lot of detail that would be difficult to see in the actual manuscript without a magnifying glass. If you open the second one in a new window and put them side-by-side, it's easier to see the difference.

RE: HOW VOYNICH WAS WRITTEN - stellar - 06-01-2017

Your videos do have an entertaining quality to them and informative, but you should move on for your method will never crack the VMS even if you have a quantum microscope?

I don't wish to be wrong here, but are you cutting & pasting your answers?  This to me is spam if your are.  The cipher you presented is of stenography like hiding a message in a message or photo.  I liked your video's and these people here will be hard pressed to believe your theory and as I can't speak for them it comes from intuition.

Quote from ReneZ:

Quote:There aren't. At least not all over the MS.
There are reportedly a few holes in the centres of some of the circles, though I haven't seen them myself.

I have seen the MS through a microscope on several occasions, and there are no "pinholes all over the place".
Through the microscope one sees the fluffy surface of the parchment, and the continuous strokes of ink that form the letters. 

I had already advised Mr. Bianchi to look at the Austrian documentary, as there are several microscope shots in it. You may want to do the same. I think there are several copies in Youtube.

RE: HOW VOYNICH WAS WRITTEN - Wolfgang99 - 09-01-2017

Sorry not to answer before, a condenser of my asus MB leaved me...
if you have a quantum microscope?
I think it is enough a 10x lens to read the original or at least a 800 DPI scan
but are you cutting & pasting your answers? 
no, but I have often to repeat the same think that appears so obvious to me, is very discouraging for me...
I do copy and paste to publicize my video on the web in the hope that someone shares a close photo
(you can always and only find beinecke scans)
my videos have now english subtitles so you can better understand voynich working (You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.)
to Mr. Zandbergen:
I watched Austrian documentary and I mentioned it in this blog the 03-01-2017, 08:25 AM (Post #13) because it is very clarifying:

[3:51] to affirm that segmentation of the text depends on the surface of parchment is a nonsense, in my next video entitled "back to real dimension" I will try to write voynich letters container using stencil n.2 in real dimension (printed with a 3d printer) and an old pen-nib) and a goldsmith lens of course. You have had the solution under your eyes…
watching Voynich plants through microscope gives the impression of containing also geographic informations, but this is another story...
I'm preparing an answer to Santa Coloma showing pinholes (which I only see) onto Folio 68r, I will post the link when ready
I was clear with Mr. Zandebergen (I little copy and paste our conversation):
...I have a bad temper and sometimes I exceed...
...Anyway I am a man who are able to admit his mistakes and before a microscope image of some characters in the Voynich MS that clearly show that they were normally written with a stylus, and not composed of  stencil parts I will publicly apologize Clemens and his staff for my behavior and I will consider failed my thesis admitting my personal defeat...
BUT I HAVEN'T SEEN ANY ENLARGEMENT SINCE NOW!
and I begin to understand why:
at this point if I give the solution with a suitable enlargement Mr. Clemens, Mr. Schroeder, Mr. Jose' Garcia (Siloe') will cut a sorry figure!
GIVE ME AN ENLARGEMENT AND I GIVE YOU THE SOLUTION!

RE: HOW VOYNICH WAS WRITTEN - Wolfgang99 - 10-01-2017

Mr. Zandbergen, these are pinholes I ONLY SEE in F57v. I marked evident ones. didn't you see them? they don't exist? am I a visionary?
joining them you obtain trangles corresponding to page folds magnitude. but also page folds are casual. 
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.   [4:02] page folds are not casual and mapped
but maybe is another coincidence, we can call Voynich the book of coincidences

[Image: F57v_Pinholes.jpg]

RE: HOW VOYNICH WAS WRITTEN - Wolfgang99 - 10-01-2017

this is the only photo I found in the web not belonging to Beinecke
but unluckily its resolution it is not enough

[Image: photo-24.jpg]