The Voynich Ninja
[Movie] HOW VOYNICH WAS WRITTEN - Printable Version

+- The Voynich Ninja (https://www.voynich.ninja)
+-- Forum: Voynich Research (https://www.voynich.ninja/forum-27.html)
+--- Forum: News (https://www.voynich.ninja/forum-25.html)
+--- Thread: [Movie] HOW VOYNICH WAS WRITTEN (/thread-1358.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

RE: HOW VOYNICH WAS WRITTEN - stellar - 30-12-2016

Wolfgang,

I'm really impressed with your two videos and work and yes that cipher would be possible, but I think the text was done with a quill not and old pen.  Also you might want to see if you can get a hold of some of the high resolution multi-spectral images.  If the Ros took 2 years to make as you say how long would it take to write the entire book?

The author would have to have a very steady hand to transcribe several letters to a glyph and make them look a little different in the glyphs and would not that be apparent?  If there are numerous pin holes in the parchment for stencil positions I'm sure ReneZ would have noticed this.  The text just looks to fluid for the method you propose, however it an incredible hidden cipher that you explain as the golden key.  Did you get this from Newbold?  I like the golden key cipher idea!!!!

[Image: C07XL7wUoAADiRJ.jpg]

Amazing work Wolfgang and I learned some new ideas.

Thankyou you are awesome Smile

RE: HOW VOYNICH WAS WRITTEN - -JKP- - 31-12-2016

Frances Bacon should have read "Roger Bacon" (I assume most people figured that out).

I can never devote my full attention to forum posts. I keep a forum tab open all the time and pop in when backing up files or doing some other work-related activity where I have to wait for the computer, so unfortunately, I get pulled away before checking what I've posted. My apologies for the glitches.

Bacon experimented with micro-adjustments, alternate fonts, and other original systems to hide messages but I haven't seen anything that indicates he put these subtler forms of encryption into regular practice (if there are examples, it would be interesting to see them).

RE: HOW VOYNICH WAS WRITTEN - Wolfgang99 - 03-01-2017

thank you, please watch also my last video:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
I think they used a gold-nibbed stylus to write voynich and they take a lot of time to write it.
is a book of extreme precision and nothing was left to chance.
ReneZ had the solution under his eyes but probably you see only things you believe possible.
please also watch this documentary from austrian television:
it shows some microscopic views that are clarifying.
the golden key was the item which contains stencils, Newbold didn't found stencils and messed the solution (having the original in his hands). stencils and special glasses were the "hardware" to read the book, now you can do it with a CAD program setting voynich pages as raster background
you can also download my CAD files:

RE: HOW VOYNICH WAS WRITTEN - Wolfgang99 - 03-01-2017

I think they used a gold-nibbed stylus to write voynich, I replied voynich symbols with a pen-nib at home (believe me, you don't need high tech to build a nib), probably I will make a video on it
if you own macro photo please share it, thus we can read voynich letters

RE: HOW VOYNICH WAS WRITTEN - -JKP- - 03-01-2017

(03-01-2017, 08:25 AM)Wolfgang99 Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
I think they used a gold-nibbed stylus to write voynich and they take a lot of time to write it.
is a book of extreme precision and nothing was left to chance.

The calligraphy is not of extreme precision in any sense of the word. I don't know how much experience you have in handwriting or calligraphy, but it is one of my areas of expertise and the VMS scribes were not experts with a pen.

RE: HOW VOYNICH WAS WRITTEN - davidjackson - 03-01-2017

Surely gold is only used to prolong the life of the nib, not because it makes for a finer point?
Anyway, IIRC metal nibs weren't commonly used until the 19th century - it was faster and better to use a quill pen you made yourself, people couldn't get the sharpness on a metal nib.

RE: HOW VOYNICH WAS WRITTEN - Wolfgang99 - 04-01-2017

Gold is a ductile metal that can adapt to various shapes because it is very workable, I think also stencils were made with gold.
As you see in my next video to pass between a quill and a pen-nib don’t require a great jump of mind.
But let me understand… because in my thinking I always respect the relation between cause and effect.
People who wrote Voynich spent all the money to buy parchment (very expensive at that time) and then they could only pay for a  clumsy scribe with a bad handwriting but only skilled in doing perfect circumferences.
Then they were untidy so pages of the book have many folds, equal each other and with arrows on them, but they were untidy.
Then they made a lot of holes with pin-maps, not only in the center, for tracing circumferences, but in a lot of point, for amusement.
Finally someone drew three gliphs (beginning of a paragraph) only in the first page and maybe one in You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. or perhaps he only scribbled an “S” just to write something (and ripped roots from plant in central page of folio 101v and cut out Folio 74 (a zodiacal wheel) after binding because he needed to make a paper airplane.
Am I in tune with the common sense now?

RE: HOW VOYNICH WAS WRITTEN - VViews - 04-01-2017

Wolfgang99,
it is normal for a 600 year old book to have been rebound, to be incomplete and to feature odd folds and holes in the vellum.
It has nothing to do with the makers of the manuscript, and is due to events that happened after the manuscript was composed.
As for the parchment, it was relatively expensive but the Voynich parchment is not top quality either.
Also I would not describe the scribe as "clumsy" or having "bad handwriting" at all.

RE: HOW VOYNICH WAS WRITTEN - -JKP- - 04-01-2017

(04-01-2017, 08:50 AM)Wolfgang99 Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view....
But let me understand… because in my thinking I always respect the relation between cause and effect.
People who wrote Voynich spent all the money to buy parchment (very expensive at that time) and then they could only pay for a  clumsy scribe with a bad handwriting but only skilled in doing perfect circumferences.
Then they were untidy so pages of the book have many folds, equal each other and with arrows on them, but they were untidy.
Then they made a lot of holes with pin-maps, not only in the center, for tracing circumferences, but in a lot of point, for amusement.
Finally someone drew three gliphs (beginning of a paragraph) only in the first page and maybe one in You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. or perhaps he only scribbled an “S” just to write something (and ripped roots from plant in central page of folio 101v and cut out Folio 74 (a zodiacal wheel) after binding because he needed to make a paper airplane.
Am I in tune with the common sense now?

The scribes did not have bad handwriting, I never said that. It's readable and reasonably neat, but they were far from expert with a pen.

There's a big difference between a calligrapher who can control each individual serif and stroke at a tiny scale, as your system suggests, and someone with reasonably neat handwriting. It's like the difference between a Sunday jogger and an Olympic athlete. A Sunday jogger can run circles around someone with no athletic ability and doesn't exercise, but they're not going to win any medals.

Plus, you are completely ignoring the rigid structure of the shapes and the repetitive nature of the text. Your system has to take these into account, as well.

You've had more than a year to use your own system to translate the manuscript. Why haven't you done it? Why are you asking us to do it (as you did in the first post)? You seem to think you need higher-resolution scans, but I think you are incorrect in this assumption. The scans are already three times the size of the original and quite clear. If your system works, you should be able to get a paragraph or two.

RE: HOW VOYNICH WAS WRITTEN - Wolfgang99 - 04-01-2017

Plus, you are completely ignoring the rigid structure of the shapes and the repetitive nature of the text. Your system has to take these into account, as well.
text is repetitive because letters are letters-container, I think this point is clear

You've had more than a year to use your own system to translate the manuscript
As I said in first video, I take a week to map one Folio

The scans are already three times the size of the original and quite clear. If your system works, you should be able to get a paragraph or two
you ignore the meaning of "resolution". you can enlarge the original much more. for example, quality printing is 600 DPI, max resolution available is 400 DPI

I repeat ad nauseam, I don't understand and many people who e-mail me doesn't understand why beinecke don't share one Folio (one only Folio) enlarged
it should costs nothing!
and I give you the solution
mah!