The Voynich Ninja
[Movie] HOW VOYNICH WAS WRITTEN - Printable Version

+- The Voynich Ninja (https://www.voynich.ninja)
+-- Forum: Voynich Research (https://www.voynich.ninja/forum-27.html)
+--- Forum: News (https://www.voynich.ninja/forum-25.html)
+--- Thread: [Movie] HOW VOYNICH WAS WRITTEN (/thread-1358.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

RE: HOW VOYNICH WAS WRITTEN - Wolfgang99 - 26-10-2018

I used quill for my video back to real dimension and it doesn't leaves these traces, pen-nib was not invented yet and anyway when you open its halves ink acts differently.
in this case ink was too fluid and infiltrated between stencil and parchment or is a too unrealistic statement?

RE: HOW VOYNICH WAS WRITTEN - Koen G - 26-10-2018

I mean the tip of the quill, they would cut it in such a way that varying the pressure would vary line thickness. Here they used a thicker line to correct a loop that turned out too small.

(26-10-2018, 10:03 AM)Koen Gh. Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.I mean the tip of the quill, they would cut it in such a way that varying the pressure would vary line thickness. Here they used a thicker line to correct a loop that turned out too small.

only here? I write all the Book and only here I decide to correct line thickness? mah!

you have always more difficulty in denying the obvious... if someone would be becoming to work on my thesis, solution would be find early but I realized that also science has to be "politically correct"

RE: HOW VOYNICH WAS WRITTEN - -JKP- - 26-10-2018

It was a custom in the early medieval period to add a second line to a major descending stroke to "embellish" the character.

Most of the time it was done in another color, although not always. I'm pretty certain the VMS author was trying to imitate this, but because the text is small and it was done in the same color, the result is a bit messy and muddy and they appear to have abandoned the attempt after doing a few.

It's useless to look at close-ups of one or two letters with this extra line, you have to look at where the scribe started doing this and where it ended and then you can see the pattern on the page. It really looks like an attempt at making it "fancy" that didn't work and thus wasn't continued for very long.

RE: HOW VOYNICH WAS WRITTEN - VViews - 26-10-2018

(26-10-2018, 11:40 AM)-JKP- Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.It really looks like an attempt at making it "fancy" that didn't work and thus wasn't continued for very long.

Yes, and this is actually something I find very true of the Voynich overall.
In several places we can see that he/they started to do something a little bit fancy or more complex, then gave up one or two pages into the effort, sometimes even halfway down the page. I say gave up but who knows what the reasons were or why such efforts were not sustained.

RE: HOW VOYNICH WAS WRITTEN - Wolfgang99 - 20-12-2019

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year – 1420-2020 the year of Voynich!
Dear friends and not, I give you my best wishes for a Christmas of peace and an happy new year. 
Next year will be the year of Voynich, there is no doubt about this.
I want to share with you a very good piece of news:  at this point of my researches I can say for certain that with 400 DPI scans actually available ALL the pages of the book are readable, several of them after deciphering, while the text of pages 6140, 6154, 6165, 6168, 6186, 6191, 6193, 6197, 6219, 6228, 6229, 6231, 6233, 6234, 6237,6241 and 6267 has to be interpreted but readable, only pages 6203 and 6204 contain part of text not fully readable. Thus with millions of downloads the content of the Book is safe, as ancient authors wanted!
Best wishes
Giuseppe
chance favors only the prepared eye

RE: HOW VOYNICH WAS WRITTEN - Aga Tentakulus - 21-12-2019

Merry Christmas to you too.
So I am curious about what you will bring next year and how you will explain it.
I hope the stencil theory is no longer there, it already limps on the use.
Everyone where before the age of the PC has learned to draw technically, knows the curse of ink and stencil.
If you are not careful, the ink will run under the stencil if it is not ground back. ( capillary effect ).
Once you set the scale wrong, you scratch a hole in the paper.
Experience in technical drawing with ink.

RE: HOW VOYNICH WAS WRITTEN - Wolfgang99 - 23-12-2019

(21-12-2019, 05:19 AM)Aga Tentakulus Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.Merry Christmas to you too.
So I am curious about what you will bring next year and how you will explain it.
I hope the stencil theory is no longer there, it already limps on the use.
Everyone where before the age of the PC has learned to draw technically, knows the curse of ink and stencil.
If you are not careful, the ink will run under the stencil if it is not ground back. ( capillary effect ).
Once you set the scale wrong, you scratch a hole in the paper.
Experience in technical drawing with ink.

Thank you, I will answer with a question...
ah, I have drawn technically  for years with indian ink before using autocad 2.1... I don't say other more...
someone who accessed the Book affirmed in his talk that parchement was so well prepared that you cannot distinguish between the flesh side and the other and I totally agree 
this statement. To use correctly stencils you need a very good prepared surface.
and now the question: in according to you these ancient authors were so skilled in preparing parchement that you cannot distinguish between the flesh side and the other but they all had a so bad handwriting that they cannot write a letter  equal like another?
mmmhhh... very strange, but I don't want to front official truth now, because is official and I have to get the solution first...
I can only say:
chance favors only the prepared eye
that is mine (after five years)

RE: HOW VOYNICH WAS WRITTEN - -JKP- - 24-12-2019

(23-12-2019, 11:21 PM)Wolfgang99 Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.and now the question: in according to you these ancient authors were so skilled in preparing parchement that you cannot distinguish between the flesh side and the other but they all had a so bad handwriting that they cannot write a letter  equal like another?

Preparing parchment and writing on it were done by different people, people from different sectors of society. They are completely different skills. Most people who prepared skins were in the trades and could not write.

And they did not all have bad handwriting. Some had very good handwriting. But the VMS scribes were not highly skilled. It's quite apparent that they did not optimize the way they held the quill.