The Voynich Ninja

Full Version: Georg Baresch - Prague 1624
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Here are a couple of links to a Georg Baresch at Prague in the year 1624.  I thought somebody might be interested in them.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.[url=http://katalog.ahmp.cz/pragapublica/permalink?xid=E1BD36D2B72711DF820F00166F1163D4&scan=584]

Carl
Thanks a lot. Is it in Czech?
(05-10-2016, 07:25 PM)EllieV Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.Thanks a lot. Is it in Czech?

Yes
(05-10-2016, 06:58 PM)CarlL Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.Here are a couple of links to a Georg Baresch at Prague in the year 1624.  I thought somebody might be interested in them.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.[url=http://katalog.ahmp.cz/pragapublica/permalink?xid=E1BD36D2B72711DF820F00166F1163D4&scan=584]

Carl

Definitely interesting. Unfortunately, the combination of Czech and old handwriting makes it a challenge. I can pick out a few words but not the entire meaning.
Thanks!

Unfortunately, these links don't work for me.
From the year 1624, I can only suspect that it is his registration in Prague, which was documented in You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. .
(05-10-2016, 09:57 PM)ReneZ Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.Thanks!

Unfortunately, these links don't work for me.

Sometimes the captcha is squished together and you have to refresh it with the button.
Thanks! I just got a page with a cryptic message in Czech, but in the end it was only asking me to copy a code.

I should be able to find out if this is the document I suspected fairly quickly, and will report.
(05-10-2016, 10:39 PM)ReneZ Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.Thanks! I just got a page with a cryptic message in Czech, but in the end it was only asking me to copy a code.

I should be able to find out if this is the document I suspected fairly quickly, and will report.

To me it appears to be from "The burgher rights book".  Burgher: a citizen of a town or city, typically a member of the wealthy bourgeoisie.
My transcription/translation of the first line listed below.

M. Girzi Baress, przedloziw Listi na Pargkameni w Jazyku Czieskem  (transcription/old Czech)
Mistr Jiří Bareš, předloziv Listi na Pergamen v Jazyku Českém         (modern Czech)
Master Georg Baresch, Letter transferred to parchment in the Czech Language

Carl
Thanks Carl,

as I wrote  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. , this looks like the original document that was summarised in a 1937 publication that was found by Rafal  Prinke, and led him to conclude that Barschius entered the city of Prague as a citizen in 1624.
This fits quite well with other known facts from Barschius' life, and his influence on Marci.
For that,  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. . (But I guess you read that).

Rafal and I asked a pair of Czech historians if they can read this text, but this did not result in a quick answer.
It may still come.
If you could do it, it would of course be much appreciated.
(11-10-2016, 03:15 PM)CarlL Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.To me it appears to be from "The burgher rights book".  Burgher: a citizen of a town or city, typically a member of the wealthy bourgeoisie.
My transcription/translation of the first line listed below.

M. Girzi Baress, przedloziw Listi na Pargkameni w Jazyku Czieskem  (transcription/old Czech)
Mistr Jiří Bareš, předloziv Listi na Pergamen v Jazyku Českém         (modern Czech)
Master Georg Baresch, Letter transferred to parchment in the Czech Language

Hi Carl. I don't speak Czech, but the word předloziv seems similar to Russian предложить. It would mean that Bares offered something (either in the sense of 'he gave something' or 'he suggested something'). Without the other lines (and without knowledge of Czech) I would guess: "Bares offered that the sheets of parchment in Czech language...(to be continued)".
Pages: 1 2 3 4