The Voynich Ninja

Full Version: f2r
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Edit KG: when Don left the forum, he removed the contents of all his posts. Since there is now nothing here, I will add a beautiful picture of f2r.

[attachment=2027]
This seems like one of the only roots that very clearly look like a manufactured object. I'd personally stick with your first impression. Wouldn't it make a nice table as well?
iiiii
Unfortunately, Don removed his posts. I do not remember with what he compared this root, but I see Hydra here ([font='Linux Libertine', Georgia, Times, serif]Gorgon). [/font]

The second question is the object next to the stem. It's not a blot. Does the object look like a seed?
[font=Arial, sans-serif][attachment=1453][/font]
My first thought was that the object next to the stem was a parchment hole, but after checking I realise it's not.
It looks a bit like a seed on a stem leading out from the main trunk, although no idea what this is supposed to represent. With the green smudge around it, maybe it is the formation of a new root underground?

[Image: image.jpg?q=f2r-794-1659-73-70]
I was thinking of "Knöllchenbakterien", the kind of bacteria which help some plants to assimilate nitrogen. Sorry, but I am not clear about the English terminology
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
[/url]
[url=https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/rhizobium][Image: rhizobium-nodules.jpg]
(01-07-2017, 08:19 AM)Helmut Winkler Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.I was thinking of "Knöllchenbakterien", the kind of bacteria which help some plants to assimilate nitrogen. Sorry, but I am not clear about the English terminology

In my area we call them nitrogen-fixing nodules and alder trees are some of the more important nitrogen fixers that prepare the soil for coniferous trees.
so like frankia with black alder? You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.

the root nodules can look quite strange.
The roots of teasel in You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. (15thC Constantinople) reminded me of the roots of this plant:

[attachment=2025]

More shapely roots in this MS as well.
Pages: 1 2 3