The Voynich Ninja

Full Version: Nicolas Raymond * The Voynich Manuscript and Nostradamus Connection
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3

boldfrontiers

I recently published a research paper entitled the Voynich Manuscript and Nostradamus Connection, which can be found on the blog section of my website: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.

I realize the website choice might appear bit unusual. I am first and foremost a photographer and visual artist. But something inside me clicked the moment I chanced upon the Voynich Manuscript. So I used my own website as the primary source for publishing my first research paper if that logic makes any sense.

I otherwise feel a certain sense of urgency to communicate my findings as I am personally convinced beyond a shadow of doubt that Nostradamus was connected with the Voynich Manuscript. My research paper aims to establish that connection in five detailed points, and is supplemented with many illustrative examples. Please also note the text-only part of my research paper has been submitted for copyright registration with the U.S. Copyright Office.

These are not the only observations I made within the Voynich Manuscript. They are but the tip of the proverbial iceberg in attempts to establish authorship, notably Nostradamus. In time I hope to share more of my findings related to other key topics like linguistics, botany, astrology, and kabbalah to name a few. Meanwhile, I hope you will consider my first research paper for review.

Regards,

Nicolas Raymond
Hello boldfrontiers,
since I can't answer you under "Drafts", here is a general comment on your Nostradamus theory:

Quote:The radiocarbon dating of the manuscript's vellum places it between 1404 and 1438, and Nostradamus lived between 1503 and 1566. I am well aware of the apparent discrepancies.

In my opinion, this fact must be taken into account. It is more than unlikely that the parchment simply lay around for 100 years. After all, the production was paid for and it is simply obvious that it was provided with text in a timely manner. The (fold-out) folios alone speak for a "project-related" production, as special formats must have cost additional money. In addition, the client obviously had a clear idea of the layout (including the rosette page).
(08-02-2024, 09:01 PM)boldfrontiers Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.I am personally convinced beyond a shadow of doubt that Nostradamus was connected with the Voynich Manuscript.

From time to time I read similar statements, and I am just curious: can you describe what it is that makes you so certain?

boldfrontiers

Quote:From time to time I read similar statements, and I am just curious: can you describe what it is that makes you so certain?

I did just that in my research paper. It comes in five detailed points where I describe what makes me so certain. Whether or not you are convinced, that's a different story.

I do however believe history will look back on me kindly. I set 2033 as the year I predict the Voynich Manuscript will be deciphered by. If you want, I can even put my money where my mouth is and bet on it, just as long as it is done legally and above board.

boldfrontiers

(11-02-2024, 05:47 PM)bi3mw Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.Hello boldfrontiers,
since I can't answer you under "Drafts", here is a general comment on your Nostradamus theory:

Quote:The radiocarbon dating of the manuscript's vellum places it between 1404 and 1438, and Nostradamus lived between 1503 and 1566. I am well aware of the apparent discrepancies.

In my opinion, this fact must be taken into account. It is more than unlikely that the parchment simply lay around for 100 years. After all, the production was paid for and it is simply obvious that it was provided with text in a timely manner. The (fold-out) folios alone speak for a "project-related" production, as special formats must have cost additional money. In addition, the client obviously had a clear idea of the layout (including the rosette page).

Unlikely? Yes. Impossible? No. Case in point: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.

This person is selling blank restoration paper from the 1700s. I should know, I purchased a number of them. That's over 200 years old. So I would say it's not only possible to procure blank vellum that old, but quite feasible if you really want to, and are willing to pay. I know the Internet and Ebay did not exist back then, as I sense that could be a possible counter point. But commerce in general is nothing new. Plenty of markets existed back in the Renaissance. I imagine as long as you had the money and right connections / contacts, finding a collection of blank vellum pages wasn't necessarily so difficult.

In my research paper, I also say blank papers can be one of two explanations. The other explanation being that the original pages weren't blank at all, but rather recycled. I actually believe this to be the more likely explanation, as there seems to be evidence of faded markings in the Voynich Manuscript. I made a thread about that on reddit if interested: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.

If you look to other threads within my voynichresearch subreddit, you might also notice I propose the existence of a cochineal which is a New World bug: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.

This would effectively invalidate the generally accepted theory that the Voynich Manuscript was written in the 1400s (bear in mind, I am rounding up Columbus' discovery of the Americas to 1500 even though I know it's 1492). Yet I am more convinced than not that the bug on Page 80 V represents a cochineal, and I think I made a pretty compelling argument as to why. In other words, cochineal = 16th Century+, and in my opinion, would place Nostradamus as a very likely candidate for authoring the Voynich Manuscript (or at least one of its authors).
(12-02-2024, 12:34 AM)boldfrontiers Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.This person is selling blank restoration paper from the 1700s. I should know, I purchased a number of them. That's over 200 years old. So I would say it's not only possible to procure blank vellum that old, but quite feasible if you really want to, and are willing to pay.

Why would he???

boldfrontiers

(12-02-2024, 09:42 AM)ReneZ Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
(12-02-2024, 12:34 AM)boldfrontiers Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.This person is selling blank restoration paper from the 1700s. I should know, I purchased a number of them. That's over 200 years old. So I would say it's not only possible to procure blank vellum that old, but quite feasible if you really want to, and are willing to pay.

Why would he???

I'm glad you asked, because I made a thread about that on on my voynichresearch thread too: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.

As the title implies, I am proposing that the Voynich Manuscript was written as a guide book to Cesar Nostradamus (or de Nostredame), the son of the famed prophet Michel Nostradamus.

By that token, you might want to do a little more reading into Nostradamus' life; in particular the Preface he wrote to his son in his Prophecies. From there, one can tell he expresses concerns about his young age, but still hoping Cesar would follow in his footsteps.

So why you ask? I cannot seem to find an exact date or year for that matter when Cesar Nostradamus was born, but I believe it would have been around 1554. Nostradamus the father died in 1566, so that would have only put Cesar the son at around 12 years old when his father died. And he would have obviously been younger when the Voynich Manuscript was written. So how might a father expect to pass down more advanced knowledge to his son after he would have realistically projected himself to be dead? The answer is simple to me, and a pristine example of what sets humans apart from other species: Write it down.

If you're wondering why Nostradamus would acquire old vellum in particular, I would ask you to look at his name first. His surname given to him at birth was de Nostredame. He stylized it later on as Nostradamus to sound more Latin, and arguably, more sophisticated. He also referenced Antiquity a lot in his writings. To me it makes perfect sense why he would source old vellum to write the Voynich Manuscript. He wanted to make it look classic. Haven't you ever purchased specialty paper like parchment for printing important documents on? I know I do, especially when it comes to printing out Certificates of Authenticity for my own photos & artwork.
(12-02-2024, 09:42 AM)ReneZ Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.

Why would he???

Regarding price and availability, blank vellum (real vellum, not the cheap paper imitation) is one thing and much larger sheets (for foldouts) are a different thing.
About the "potential ‘mn’ initials", they are quire numbers, see: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.

About the "mysterious Voynich characters echoed in Nostradamus’ handwriting" I would guess the one that looks like Sh is a di, there is even a dot on the i.

boldfrontiers

(12-02-2024, 11:58 AM)nablator Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.

Why would he???

Regarding price and availability, blank vellum (real vellum, not the cheap paper imitation) is one thing and much larger sheets (for foldouts) are a different thing.

I'm not sure I follow, and why you feel the need to include "real vellum, not the cheap paper imitation" in between parentheses. Is that in reference to the person selling 200+ year old blank vellum on Ebay? Are you accusing him of selling cheap paper imitation? I don't know if you realize it, but that's a serious accusation to make. I think the burden would be on you to prove that, as I otherwise see the seller has a 99.6% positive rating and 8544 sales at the time of this writing. 

I don't really understand why you differentiate between sizes of vellum sheets either. From what I've seen, the Voynich Manuscript is actually quite small. Yes, some foldout pages are larger. So what?
Pages: 1 2 3