The Voynich Ninja

Full Version: I heard somewhere what the f68 spiral is, does anyone know?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I heard somewhere what the f68 spiral is, does anyone know?

[attachment=7394]
[attachment=7395]

the second photo is Armenian MS from the Schoenberg Collection LJS 443
@ReneZ has presented this spiral (LJS 443) on his website:

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. , Astronomical illustrations
>bi3mw

thank you(∩´∀`)∩

but after all, what was this Armenian vortex? (@_@)
The presumed source of this wheel with eight curved spokes is the Shirakatsi diagram of the 'Eight Phases of the Moon." Use 'Shirakatsi' to search the previous ninja discussions.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.

Newbold identified the VMs cosmos as Roger Bacon's representation of the Andromeda galaxy, so you will know what an interpretation is worth.

The VMs cosmos is a puzzle composed of the pairing of two 'disparate' parts. One part is the Shirakatsi wheel. The other part is a particularly simplified, geocentric, cosmic structure most comparable to the cosmic illustrations found in BNF Fr. 565 and Harley 334. These two texts originate in Paris during the 1400-1450 period, comparable to VMs C-14. The VMs repeats the same simplified cosmic structure, within the cosmic boundary, though it clearly (as if intentionally) differs in appearance. And that's the trick, disguise through the use of paired combinations and altered appearance. One part disguises the other. Identification is incomplete if only one part of the puzzle is known. It takes both parts, like two-factor ID.

This line of investigation is one of several that resulted from internet discoveries of historical resources that were apparently not familiar to earlier researchers. Both Shirakatsi's wheel and the 'Oresme' cosmos were introduced to VMs discussions within the last decade - barely.

This same technique of pairing appears to be used in other VMs illustrations: (a) the generic mermaid (Harley 334) & Melusine (f79v), (b) White Aries, red hats, and blue stripes (f71r), and (c ) the Golden Fleece (f80v) & the Agnus Dei of Liège (BNF Fr. 13096). Each is a puzzle based on historical details.
>R.Sale

thank you R.Sale(∩´∀`)∩

I see.. Armenia's MS is written some the moon, so it makes sense as a possibility that it's about the phases of the moon.

but I don't know about spiral..
after all, what is the spiral? what does it represent?

you saying, the illustration represents Andromeda galaxy.
but since telescopes were developed in the 1600's, isn't that a possibly?

then but I can't find out the good article in here thread, I tried searching about 'Shirakatsi'.
The Andromeda interpretation was proposed by Wm. Newbold, who was an associate of Wilfrid Voynich. It can now generally be seen as an anachronistic fantasy. However, it fit with Voynich's proposition that Roger Bacon was the author.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.

He's interesting, he's early, and he is Armenian. And his works survive. You will have to ask him why the spokes are curved. There is also a 12 spoke variation.  It's quite distinctive.

What the VMs artist has done is to place a simplified *Parisian* cosmic structure inside the Shirakatsi Moon Wheel. It's clearly a scientific non-sequitur for any reader who was well informed about the "science" of the early 1400s, but it has taken modern investigators a great deal of time and some significant effort just to recover those same bits of information - to identify the inverted T-O Earth, to see the field of polygonal stars, to name the nebuly line that serves as a cosmic boundary, and to recognize Shirakatsi's wheel - as it all relates to the VMs.
I see...  thank you for explain(∩´∀`)∩

I love Armenia, so I am glad he is Armenianヾ(*´∀`*)ノキャッキャ

I am looking for magic around there.

I didn't quite understand what you said in the second half. I'm sorry(´;ω;`)ウッ…
It's not about the music of the spheres, unfortunately, in the VMs it's about the cosmic structure. The typical representation of the structure of the cosmos in the early 1400s has a geocentric focus on the concentric rings of the classical planets and the fixed stars. Earth is sometimes divided into concentric rings of the elements. Sometimes additional heavens are added on as outer rings. It's all about concentric rings.

That description does *not* match the VMs structure. There are no planetary rings in the VMs cosmos. The cosmic illustrations of BNF Fr. 565 and Harley 334 are the best *structural* examples of this simplified, three-part cosmic structure. Parts: 1) a geocentric Earth with inverted T-O divisions, 2) a surrounding field of stars, and 3) an outer cosmic boundary.

Provenance for the two historical illustrations indicates both were produced in Paris between 1400-1450. The Vms shares this unusual cosmic structure, but it goes a long way to avoid any similarities of appearance. That's part of VMs trickery.
I see... exactly those illustration has some ring..
but I saw some ring on VM.. in Zodiarc or astrology illustration.

and I have a question to you.
what is VM's tricks?
It can be shown, in a few instances, that the VMs artist is using certain techniques that make the interpretation of the illustrations more difficult. One such technique is ambiguity - the rough and unfinished appearance of the VMs. Things, like plants are difficult to identify.

Another technique is the combination of two images from separate sources to create hybrid representation found nowhere else. The VMs cosmos is one example. An odd little three-part cosmos has been drawn inside a wheel with eight curved spokes. How can it be explained without knowing the origins of both parts?

Also look at the ways in which the three structural parts of the cosmic illustrations are presented in BNF Fr. 565 and Harley 334 compared to the VMs. In all three, the central Earth is an inverted T-O, which is an unusual structure to find in a cosmic diagram. However, where BNF and Harley have pictorial representations of land, water, and air, the VMs has written text, vords.

There can hardly be a greater alteration in visual appearance than this change from pictorial to linguistic representation, however, structurally, it means nothing. The structure is still the same.

The investigation based on appearance, only sees the visual difference and rejects the comparison. The investigation that knows the underlying structure recognizes the similarity and accepts the comparison as valid. That is a VMs trick.

Likewise, the VMs starfield is visually quite different from the BNF and Harley examples, but it is still a starfield. And the cosmic boundaries are all constructed based on different line patterns, but all are still cosmic boundaries. The 43 undulations of BNF are ambiguously replicated in the 43 'visible' undulations of the VMs - interrupted by the curved spokes. This similarity confirms structural connections and shows more VMs trickery.

Appearance is deceptive and subjective. Structure is objective. When the interpretation of appearance is ambiguous, proper structure provides confirmation.
Pages: 1 2