The Voynich Ninja

Full Version: linguistic analysis (german)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Jürgen Hermes has published an interesting video about a linguistic analysis of the Voynich text:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. (in German)
If it was on youtube, we could have the automatic translation
(29-06-2022, 11:20 AM)Ruby Novacna Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.If it was on youtube, we could have the automatic translation
It is:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
(29-06-2022, 03:07 PM)nablator Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.[quote="Ruby Novacna" pid='51085' dateline='1656498006']
If it was on youtube, we could have the automatic translation
Not to be an English language snob, but that translator has a ways to go for it to work, at least for subject matter such as this.  Maybe in another two or three years.  I imagine it's the voice to German that is the issue -- as I think the German to English works decently well based on translating academic writing.  I do remember when Google translate from foreign language writing to English was about this accurate, so I'm sure it will get better over time but until then it's a little rough.  But appreciate the notice and it did teach me how to get the subtitles to work.  Smile