The Voynich Ninja

Full Version: Voynich Alphabet
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
In my latest post I am discussing the two most mysterious VM glyphs, EVA-f and EVA-p. Besides EVA-t and EVA-k, these are the only shapes of the letters I could not find in the 15th century manuscripts. Check my blog to see which sounds they had replaced. 
In my previous posts, I offer some ideas to those who want to replicate my theory, by comparing the script to the Latin script in 5 different 15th century manuscripts, and showed 80 transcribed words that are spelled exactly the same in Slovenian.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
Hello Cvetka!
For more than ten years I'm a big fan of Slavic languages for the botanical part, unfortunately your articles have a lot of English text in image format, untranslatable by the automatic translator, not easy to understand.

Good luck with your ideas!

P.S. You can register your blog on Blogosphere reader of the forum too.
(24-02-2022, 05:05 PM)Ruby Novacna Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.Hello Cvetka!
For more than ten years I'm a big fan of Slavic languages for the botanical part, unfortunately your articles have a lot of English text in image format, untranslatable by the automatic translator, not easy to understand.

Good luck with your ideas!

P.S. You can register your blog on Blogosphere reader of the forum too.
The problem with Slovenian language is that it cannot be meaningfully translated with Google. The language is highly inflective, the pronunciation is archaic (over 70 different dialects for two million Slovenian speakers!), and the alphabet does not capture all the sounds. The words can be spelled the same and have different meanings, or they can be spelled differently and have the same meaning.
Apparently I didn't manage to convey my idea: it's not the language that's not translatable, it's the image format instead of html.