The Voynich Ninja

Full Version: Part of Zodiac was added later?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
hi I am Japanese, so I don't good English.
if you can't understand my sentence, please ask me feel free.

I knowed somewhere that part of Zodiac in VM was added later.
the first, it made 66 pages plants and so on.
the later, part of Zodiac and astronomy pages added in VM.

is this really? if it is so, please tell me the reason.(*- -)(*_ _)ペコリ

and I am makeing voynich video in youtube.
so I am seaching about it, and I finded here.

I read some thread(I read almost)
I was fun.((´∀`*))ヶラヶラ
Oh, I remember that video, it was well made  Wink

So you are asking to confirm something you read. But I'm not sure if I understand correctly. Do you mean we know the order in which the sections were written? Or do you mean that first the VM was meant to be only plants, and then (much later?) somebody added all the other sections to it?

This feels like something Lisa Fagin Davis or Rene could say something about.
hi,KoenG

I yet don't post my VM video((´∀`))ケラケラ

>'Or do you mean that first the VM was meant to be only plants, and then (much later?) somebody added all the other sections to it?'

it is nearly.
I say that I heard that firstly VM had made except astronomy and zodiac pages, then the other had added astronmy
and zodiac pages.
Hmm, I have never heard anything like that. The only reason I can think of why someone would say that is because the images of the plants are so different from the Zodiac images. But the parchment is the same, the writing, the painting... So I think it is just a different subject, but there is no reason to assume that it was added later.
There are important matching details between the illustrations of many different sections. Some examples:

- large plant drawings (herbal) are repeated in the small plant drawings (pharmaceutical)
- containers in the pharmaceutical part are also found with similar design in the rosettes
- some circles in the rosettes are similar to individual cosmological drawings
- the top left circle in the rosettes has similar details as one herbal drawing
- the nymphs in the zodiac section are similar to those in the biological section
- the stars in the zodiac are similar to those in the astronomical and the recipes sections

Certainly many more details can be found.

While this does not necessarily point to a single person (I have no qualification to judge this), it is all a very common design.
>KoenG (reply to KoenG)

I see. I also thought so...(´-ω-`)

I heard somewhere about it, but the sentense was written the reason.
so I wonder about it...

I think KongG is familier with VM, so I trust you.(´-ω-`)

thank you very much your reply(∩´∀`)∩
(23-02-2022, 08:55 PM)februs Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.I think KongG is familier with VM, so I trust you.(´-ω-`)

Thank you. I must say though that ReneZ is even more familiar with the VM, so you can be very sure Big Grin
>ReneZ (reply to ReneZ)

I see. I am thinking too exactly the same.(´-ω-`)

I think that all of VM was written by a man. ( except part of things, for example Arabic number)

thank you for reply and consideration(∩´∀`)∩

I was sirious about it, so I haven't gone to make my VM video.
but now it is clearly, so I will make the video.(*'ω'*)
>KoenG

thank you.(∩´∀`)∩

then I have confidence about it moreover(@_@)
(23-02-2022, 09:07 PM)februs Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.I think that all of VM was written by a man.

By now it is generally accepted that the VM text was written by several scribes, thanks to the work of Lisa Fagin Davis. See here: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
Maybe this is what you heard? These scribes are not separated per section though. For example You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. and You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. are not written by the same person. 

The conclusion is that we know for sure that several people worked on the VM, but we have no reason to assume that parts of the manuscript were added later.
Pages: 1 2 3