The Voynich Ninja

Full Version: Voynich Reconsidered
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Coming from Schiffer Books in 2022:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
Hello dfs346
Are you the author? If so, could you give us a quick synopsis of the book?
Thanks!
Dear David

Thank you for your interest. Yes, I'm the author. The purpose of the book is to investigate, primarily from a perspective of a mathematician, whether the text of the manuscript has an underlying meaning, or none; whether there is an underlying natural language or languages, and if so what are the most probable languages; and what analytical tools could be applied to identifying the meaning of the text (if any).

The book is substantially complete at present and is undergoing quality control. The delivery date for the text, images and supporting materials is December 31, 2021. My best guess is that the book would be included in Schiffer's Fall 2022 catalog and would be available for pre-order around mid-2022. With best regards, Bob
(04-11-2021, 07:21 PM)dfs346 Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.The purpose of the book is to investigate, ... whether there is an underlying natural language or languages, and if so what are the most probable languages

Do you consider cryptographic possibilities?
Hi Bob, and welcome to the forum!

Fall 2022 is a long way to go, but sounds intriguing!
(04-11-2021, 08:33 PM)Mark Knowles Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.Do you consider cryptographic possibilities?

So far, I have only investigated hypotheses of an underlying plaintext in one or more natural languages.
(04-11-2021, 10:04 PM)Anton Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.Fall 2022 is a long way to go, but sounds intriguing!

Thank you for your interest. It's conceivable that the book could make the Spring 2022 catalog, but my previous book "D. B. Cooper and Flight 305" was delivered December 31, 2020 and is just arriving now in Schiffer's warehouse.
Sounds interesting, can't wait to pick up a copy!
What's the significance of the elephant on the front cover?
(06-11-2021, 08:55 AM)davidjackson Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.What's the significance of the elephant on the front cover?

The cover concept is my own design. Schiffer may well do something entirely different. I used the elephant as a gentle reference to the story of the six blind men and the elephant. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
I submitted "Voynich Reconsidered" to the publisher on 12.31.2021. I imagine it will be in the Fall 2022 catalog.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10