The Voynich Ninja

Full Version: What evidence would it take for you to change your mind?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
"What evidence would it take for you to change your mind?" this the classic question that one should pose someone or oneself with a theory and given that there are many Voynich theories a question that one should be ready to pose to a theorist.

Now another question is how one can expect someone to answer that in such a way that it allows the realistic possibility of disproving their theory.

In terms of some of my own ideas, which it must be said do not include a decipherment, I have been finding it hard to provide an answer which allows scope for reasonable attempts to disprove them, which is frustrating.

Clearly if the manuscript was correctly deciphered it would provide much scope for disproving various theories, however that is a big ask. It seems all the different evidential options for disproving my ideas seem to not be easily attainable. It seems the options for proving are on paper a bit more attainable, but not necessarily easy to obtain at all.

How do we think a proposed decipherer can honestly answer that question in a way that it provides scope for disproving their theories?
I recollect that we have developed (or at least intended to develop - which is already half the work, of course) a series of tests which must be passed by any would-be solution to be seriously considered a "solution".

I think there was a dedicated thread in the forum.

My favourite tests are limited in scope but (I believe) very efficient. They are:

the otol test

and

the aror sheey test.

Namely, given one's solution, translate those vords and see if you are to the point.
Do you have a quick page number for the second one. Wink
(08-09-2020, 02:36 PM)Monica Yokubinas Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.Do you have a quick page number for the second one. Wink

f116v
what line? Having a hard time finding the exact reference.
(08-09-2020, 12:17 AM)Anton Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.I recollect that we have developed (or at least intended to develop - which is already half the work, of course) a series of tests which must be passed by any would-be solution to be seriously considered a "solution".

I think there was a dedicated thread in the forum.

My favourite tests are limited in scope but (I believe) very efficient. They are:

the otol test

and

the aror sheey test.

Namely, given one's solution, translate those vords and see if you are to the point.

I have developed a test.
(08-09-2020, 03:28 PM)Monica Yokubinas Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.what line? Having a hard time finding the exact reference.

It's the only Voynichese phrase in that folio Wink
Was looking on previous page Confused busy morning.
First reference, I'll use 77r. Upper pipe words. Opium production.
Voynich:  Azhyyb achprg achalh achaz ryyrg balsz
Hebrew:  Azob 231, ach 251, prg, achly 305,  ach 251 az 227, ryr 7388, bls 1103, #'s are strong's if in Concordance. 
English:  Hyssop, brother/firepot, poppy seed, would God/oh that, firepot then/at that time, juice of a plant, to nip or scratch open.
Your first word, is used a lot in the Voynch, basically means to heat something at that time.
I'll post the other in a few.
Second one on page 116v:
sl al yahyp pg
Sl 5536, al 410, yaep 3286, pg 6291
Basket God, exhaust onself/cause to fly, unripe fruit/premature baby

Sl or basket us used in the Voynich to describe a womb.

Please remember,  I am using Hebrew to gain a basic understanding, or definition of words. This reference is something I have been working on since translation the Lotus on Page 2r. The drink they are making is a Soma or Homa, used in both Persian, Indian and Chinese culture. Dates back to Xerxes, now known as the Order of the White Lotus. They worship " found solace in worship of You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. ("Unborn Venerable Mother" "
(08-09-2020, 12:17 AM)Anton Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.translate those vords and see if you are to the point
Anton, what is the basis for your choice? Are these the most frequent words? These are the keywords of which section? Or do you think these words will explain the whole manuscript?

P.S. I have not read your remarks about my reading of the words in 116v.

(08-09-2020, 03:30 PM)Mark Knowles Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.I have developed a test.

Mark, can you give a link to your blog to read more about your test, please?