The Voynich Ninja

Full Version: A possible generating algorithm of the Voynich manuscript
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
In Cryptologia:

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
Thanks for posting the news Torsten, and by the way I remember Dr. Schinner also having published on the VMS before.

Unfortunately I don't have access, so I'm not able to discuss any points of the article Angel
I look forward to reading it. Do you have a preprint copy available?
Hi Torsten, 
Thanks for posting your interesting looking article. 
However, as Anton said, we don't have access to it so can only go by the github content. 
Are you planning on releasing an open access or redacted version of the article in future?
(25-05-2019, 09:45 PM)davidjackson Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.Hi Torsten, 
Thanks for posting your interesting looking article. 
However, as Anton said, we don't have access to it so can only go by the github content. 
Are you planning on releasing an open access or redacted version of the article in future?

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. was chosen since it is peer reviewed and the subject is in the You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. of the journal. 

The APC price for an open access article in Cryptologia would be USD 2950. Please understand that I can't afford this sum.
Quote:This could all be very quickly cleared up if you gave us access to your paper.

I guess this is beyond Torsten's will and is a copyright question. I don't know how it stands with Cryptologia but it is not unusual (indeed, it is quite often) that you sign a copyright form prior to publication and waive your copyright in the publication to the journal (retaining any copyright in your inventions and methods, of course!).

Quote:but you leave us no other choice.

That's a bit unfair to say so, cause one always has the choice to purchase the access from Cryptologia for $50.
It's cool, I've got a copy now. Currently collecting some choice quotes. Will post criticism shortly.
(offtopic)

Quote:The APC price for an open access article in Cryptologia would be USD 2950. Please understand that I can't afford this sum.

As a side note, I fail to understand why should one pay thousands of bucks to publish an open access article when one can just publish it in the internet for free!

OK, peer reviews and all that, but recently we have seen a vivid peer reviewed example, and there are much more.

I believe the peer review system as it is will anytime soon give way to post-publication community critique. The whole model of scientific publication will be changed.
While my opinion of this work is along the same lines as Emma's, I do see that there are very interesting statistics that still lack an explanation.

More importantly, this topic is so much more worthy of discussion than the recent paper about proto-Romance.
Mod note: I have split this thread to put all discussion of the paper into its own thread which You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view..
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7