The Voynich Ninja

Full Version: [split] Succulents in the VM
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
By coincidence I just purchased the plant from You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. in Ikea. It's a succulent with actual dots on the leaf edges (I think these are new plants).

Proof:

[attachment=1745]
Damned, tomorrow we have a public holiday here. Now I have to endure my ignorance about the roots. Wink
(02-10-2017, 09:38 PM)bi3mw Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.Damned, tomorrow we have a public holiday here. Now I have to endure my ignorance about the roots. Wink

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Mine is meant to stay alive so I can't experiment either Wink
(02-10-2017, 08:32 PM)Koen Gh. Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.By coincidence I just purchased the plant from You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. in Ikea. It's a succulent with actual dots on the leaf edges (I think these are new plants).

Proof:

Koen, if you look at VMS plant You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. you'll see a plant that I think might be one of the Kalanchoes. It's quite a variable species with many different leaf shapes and flowers, but what most of them have in common is those delightful mother-of-millions leaf margins.

Also, another plant with distinctive leaf margins... I think there's a very good chance that Plant You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. is also one of the Kalanchoes (they don't always have the little extra leaflets along the margin, depending on time of year), or Chiastophyllum. The flower tassels, leaf shapes and leaf margins are a very good match. It may also be a form of Sedum (I have a sedum with leaves exactly like 26r, one that grows fairly tall and upright like the VMS plant, but the flowers are umbellate rather than long tassels).

Out of the three, Chiastophyllum (possibly Chiastophyllum oppositifolium) seems to be the closest match, but I wouldn't discount the other two as good candidates for 26r.
I split this thread because the other one had too many discussions running through each other.

JKP: you may be right! Would it be one of the Yemeni species then?
(03-10-2017, 11:59 AM)Koen Gh. Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.I split this thread because the other one had too many discussions running through each other.

JKP: you may be right! Would it be one of the Yemeni species then?

Possibly, or one from the Caucasus region.
So my You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. plant from Ikea survived almost 2 years and grew to over 50 cm but I think it's dying now, the leaves from the bottom are starting to wither Sad

[attachment=2887]
You didn't follow the prescription given on You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. ...
I've never had one of those, so I don't know whether they like to be repotted or what kind of soil they like, or anything about how to keep them happy. Cool plant.

I'm familiar with it, always wanted to get one, but already have so many plants there simply isn't space. I had an avocado tree that I grew from a pit that took up the entire dining room (branches spread to a full 12 feet) before I realized I would have to let it go.

[and René gave me my good laugh for the day]
I once had a Kalanchoe 2 m. But the leaves were only on the crown (6-8 leaves). All over the stem were aerial roots due to high humidity. It even bloomed with yellow-orange flowers. Flowers 1.5 cm and very sharp smell. Then I cut off the top of the head and planted in a new pot. Excellent rooted.
Pages: 1 2