The Voynich Ninja

Full Version: Interesting Vwords - okor
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
okor is a plant- and rosette-section Vord.

It makes its first appearance on You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. near the end of the first paragraph, sandwiched between two common vords and two unique vords.

In other words, right from the beginning it differs from the pattern I posted for oKeedg.
  • okor occurs once each on 10 of the big-plant pages. There is no apparent morphological similarity among these 10 plants.
  • It is found once on a spoke of the "Pleiades" page f68r2.
  • It occurs twice on the "douche bag" page, in the first paragraph.
  • It occurs on rosette 1 outer ring twice, on a rosette 5 ring, and on the Africa/south portion of the drawing that resembles a T-O map.
  • It is on several of the small-plant pages (once per folio).
  • It is on the third and second-to-last starred-text pages.
okor is not found in the zodiac section and only on one pool page and one star page.
It likes to keep company with plant vords, plant/pool vords, and general-purpose (common) vords, and only occasionally with others.
Most of the time, it is buried within paragraphs rather than being first or last in the line.
Takeshi Takahashi's translation (through Voynichese) provides slightly different results. Some (like the Moon in f68r2) actually are okar okar.
The one at the top of You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. seems correct to me.

Something that could more or less fit with the T-O diagram and other occurrences is a common concept like one of the cardinal directions (South is the one corresponding to Africa). Basically, labels are the only occurrences that could provide any specific hint. The other occurrences seem to me to be mostly relevant as an indicator of how common the word is.
(31-07-2017, 10:58 AM)MarcoP Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.Takeshi Takahashi's translation (through Voynichese) provides slightly different results. Some (like the Moon in f68r2) actually are okar okar.
The one at the top of You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. seems correct to me.

Something that could more or less fit with the T-O diagram and other occurrences is a common concept like one of the cardinal directions (South is the one corresponding to Africa). Basically, labels are the only occurrences that could provide any specific hint. The other occurrences seem to me to be mostly relevant as an indicator of how common the word is.

I don't think it says oKar, but then I disagree with many of the Takahashi interpretations. After having looked at every glyph in the manuscript umpteen times, I'm pretty sure this is oKor:

[attachment=1553]

As for non-label occurrences of words, one finds that each one has its own particular pattern and places where it occurs. I don't know if the text is meaningful, but it's certainly not random.
I read otory to the right, and to the left I'm not sure if it's okor or okos. In some of places it's difficult to distinguish r from s and m from g.
(31-07-2017, 12:17 PM)Anton Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.I read otory to the right, and to the left I'm not sure if it's okor or okos. In some of places it's difficult to distinguish r from s and m from g.

Yes, I agree, the difference between okor or okos [font=Verdana]is often very hard to discern, as are the others you mentioned. And there are places where it really is impossible to tell if it's a or o. When I simply couldn't make it out, I wrote down both options.

It's also very hard to tell whether that extra little leg that sometimes appears on EVA-r is meant to be different from r without the leg.
[/font]
When distinguishing a from o, I use to keep in mind that o is composed of two half-circles, while a is (supposedly) meant to be с + i.
On 68r onos (o)boreios asellus borealis ?