The Voynich Ninja
The Code Unchopped - Printable Version

+- The Voynich Ninja (https://www.voynich.ninja)
+-- Forum: Voynich Research (https://www.voynich.ninja/forum-27.html)
+--- Forum: Analysis of the text (https://www.voynich.ninja/forum-41.html)
+--- Thread: The Code Unchopped (/thread-751.html)

The Code Unchopped - stellar - 15-09-2016

Lets not leave dead dogs behind.  I authored two books regarding, "The Code Unchopped", in pursuit of decoding the Voynich text. And in all fairness I did receive up to $700.00 in royalties.  The book did have a write up in the online section of the Dutch Science News which was purged and praised my work.  The first copy is available, however someone is trying to sell it for $500.00.  The second copy is for sale!

I would like you to see the first and 2nd copy and tell me what you think.  I decoded the text in Italian anagrams with my own unique cipher.  Also I think $500.00 is pricey for what I feel was an attempt now.  I no longer really care about the money or any fame from just the idea.  So in good spirit I would like you all to have the two copies and anyone else. Please I know the books are odd so just take it good stride! 

Inside the code unchopped 2 you will find a document that I obtained from an online Library which shows about 10 voynich glyphs.  The document was a transaction of real estate in the 15th Century Cotone Region.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.

[Image: 51q2zxQyXcL._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg]

RE: The Code Unchopped - -JKP- - 15-09-2016

Well, Stellar, you already know what I think about anagram "solutions", as I have posted about this before.

I'm not discounting the possibility of anagrams because they were sometimes used in ciphers in the middle ages, but the way you've done it, anagramming such that it's convenient and idiosyncratic, rather than systematic and applicable to the other parts of the text, is not convincing.

RE: The Code Unchopped - Koen G - 15-09-2016

Tom, do you have a link to the online review?

RE: The Code Unchopped - ThomasCoon - 15-09-2016

Tom, I looked through your work and it's an interesting solution. I was wondering if you contacted a native Italian speaker (assuming you don't speak it yourself) for feedback on the anagrams you decode?

RE: The Code Unchopped - stellar - 15-09-2016

(15-09-2016, 07:39 AM)Koen Gh. Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.Tom, do you have a link to the online review?

Hi Koen,

This was the write up, but unfortunately the link no longer works.

Quote: 500 years have philosophers, famous cryptologists, linguists and enthusiastic amateurs trying to decipher. Mysterious Voynich Manuscript The 15th century illustrated manuscript, the content is written in a seemingly incomprehensible language seems to have been an amateur Thomas E. O’Neil in 3.5 years now. Previous month, however deciphered If his story is true, then this can be counted as one of the greatest discoveries of our time. 

(15-09-2016, 03:37 PM)ThomasCoon Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.Tom, I looked through your work and it's an interesting solution. I was wondering if you contacted a native Italian speaker (assuming you don't speak it yourself) for feedback on the anagrams you decode?

Thanks Thomas I never contacted a native Italian speaker.  This Italian anagram engine however was the best I could find to translate long Italian anagrams.

cacce io te tenere toro 
I'll keep hunting bull >  This is found in the Pleides section of folio 68r3.  Pleides is in the shoulder of Taurus with Orion the Hunter to the left.

RE: The Code Unchopped - stellar - 15-09-2016

Just to see how my cipher holds up I just checked the garlic label in folio 99r.  The Italian anagram comes out as, "lecito" which is lawful and Kosher-fit to be eaten.

RE: The Code Unchopped - -JKP- - 15-09-2016

(15-09-2016, 11:21 PM)stellar Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.Just to see how my cipher holds up I just checked the garlic label in folio 99r.  The Italian anagram comes out as, "lecito" which is lawful and Kosher-fit to be eaten.

It can also be anagrammed to colite in French and Italian, which means an inflamed colon, but that's only if your transcription system holds up for other words.

RE: The Code Unchopped - ThomasCoon - 16-09-2016

Quote:
(15-09-2016, 03:37 PM)ThomasCoon Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.Tom, I looked through your work and it's an interesting solution. I was wondering if you contacted a native Italian speaker (assuming you don't speak it yourself) for feedback on the anagrams you decode?

Thanks Thomas I never contacted a native Italian speaker.  This Italian anagram engine however was the best I could find to translate long Italian anagrams.

cacce io te tenere toro 
I'll keep hunting bull >  This is found in the Pleides section of folio 68r3.  Pleides is in the shoulder of Taurus with Orion the Hunter to the left.

Very cool! I only suggested it because it could only be helpful to your study - if the Italian speaker says "This is perfectly grammatical Italian, and here is evidence of 15th-century language", then you would know you were clearly correct. And if he says, "These words are Italian but the grammar is incorrect," then it would be good to know that there is room to improve your theory. (Imagine if none of us spoke English, and somebody said they decoded the Voynich Manuscript to English anagrams, but the sentences were weird and artificial - ex. "he have an dog in these park." An English speaker could say it's not grammatical, and that would be helpful to finding a better solution). Smile