The Voynich Ninja
116v - Printable Version

+- The Voynich Ninja (https://www.voynich.ninja)
+-- Forum: Voynich Research (https://www.voynich.ninja/forum-27.html)
+--- Forum: Marginalia (https://www.voynich.ninja/forum-45.html)
+--- Thread: 116v (/thread-437.html)

RE: 116v - Anton - 10-01-2020

(10-01-2020, 03:21 AM)Aga Tentakulus Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.Hey Anton

Weren't people a little angry when you smeared the blue ink on it?

It's the usual shape of the tone curve that I use for the Voynich scans, boosting shadows and lowering highlights.

As I said, this method is working if there are at least some traces of ink, it helps to strenghten them. When there is no ink (scraped out), this does not work. As an example, this method produces almost no effect when trying to reveal the Tepenecz signature in f1r.

For this particular region it turned moderately useful to manipulate contrast in the red channel, but since nothing definite was revealed anyway, I did not post it.

Here's what looks like a t, and there is no t in this place on the reverse.

But, once again, this is all very uncertain.

Much more certain is the "p v" stuff in the upper right.

RE: 116v - Aga Tentakulus - 10-01-2020

@Anton, the blue ink was a joke. I'm sure you didn't smear ink on the original.

RE: 116v - Searcher - 10-01-2020

Could "mich" be an erroneous  word for "misch", because of the similarity of their pronunciation in some regions of Germany?

Not that I know of... in all dictionaries "mich" is simply "mich", not much room for error.

In idiotikon, "Mich" and "Michi" are listed as shortcuts for "Michel" or "Michael", but all composite words use the full word form of "Michel", except Chatzenmichi which is "Einfaltspinsel" - a fool, much like other cases where "Michel" is used as a generalization.

Let me add that the "mich" being the very last (or, at least, the penultimate) word of the whole MS, any error would not have passed unnoticed, and the scribe would not have failed to correct it. There is plenty of space between "mi" and "ch" to insert an "L" for "milch" or a gothic "S" for "misch"; in the case if the gothic variant of "S" is inappropriate in the middle of the word, there's no problem to add it on top, as it was commonly done in such cases.

No, it's apparently not an error, it's deliberate.

RE: 116v - Searcher - 10-01-2020

(10-01-2020, 10:15 PM)Anton Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.Let me add that the "mich" being the very last (or, at least, the penultimate) word of the whole MS, any error would not have passed unnoticed, and the scribe would not have failed to correct it. There is plenty of space between "mi" and "ch" to insert an "L" for "milch" or a gothic "S" for "misch"; in the case if the gothic variant of "S" is inappropriate in the middle of the word, there's no problem to add it on top, as it was commonly done in such cases.

No, it's apparently not an error, it's deliberate.
I don't mean that the scribe made an error, missing a letter in the word. Maybe, he wrote words as heard them by ears.

I just wonder whether the word "misch" can be expedient here grammatically.

As noun, it appears to be limited to Alsace:

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.

RE: 116v - Koen G - 11-01-2020

Now take the goat mixture?

RE: 116v - Aga Tentakulus - 11-01-2020

We say "mischä" or "mischlä" mischen oder mischlen shuffle 
Whereby different powders or liquids are mixed "mischä" mix.
Playing cards are shuffled. "mischlä"

s' mischä = das mischen, gmischt = gemischt, d mischig = die Mischung