The Voynich Ninja
116v - Printable Version

+- The Voynich Ninja (https://www.voynich.ninja)
+-- Forum: Voynich Research (https://www.voynich.ninja/forum-27.html)
+--- Forum: Marginalia (https://www.voynich.ninja/forum-45.html)
+--- Thread: 116v (/thread-437.html)

RE: 116v - Anton - 05-01-2020

That's the first paragraph, but thanks that's insightful

RE: 116v - Koen G - 05-01-2020

(05-01-2020, 10:30 PM)Anton Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.That's the first paragraph, but thanks that's insightful

I think he was working on that post while we had our discussion Smile
It's a nice example of the implied conditional though. His English translation intuitively used "if".

Even in the case of the third paragraph, it looks like the clause before "so" presents a condition (it must be a specific day). So it seems that at least in these examples, the "so" is never gratuitous, it is always preceded by some circumstance under which the "nim" takes place.

OK, I think what we can confidently conclude so far is that "so nim" versus simply "nim" serves to link the "taking part" that follows to what precedes it, irrespectively of the exact nature of the relation.

This strongly supports the idea that "palden pbren" and "so nim gas mich o" are parts of the same sentence.

What I'd like to find somewhere is "so nim" following anything containing "palden" or "balden", and look what's there in between them. This 250 page book is a soothing and pleasant reading!

RE: 116v - Aga Tentakulus - 05-01-2020

6 line from below, nice to see, and a good example:
(es in einer pfannen oder kesse(l) un tz es wirt als ein)

un tz es wirt ( nim tz as mich )  und's es wird

Again, there is no "g" and they belong together, where "es" is written here and not "as"

Ah now I see what you mean. But in VMS You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. the long crossbar stretching to the right and crossing through "a" makes it a clear "g" versus "tz", in my opinion.

A "g" always has a straight back, a "tz" a curved back. On 116 has no straight back.
There are many examples for "gog" (gotz) = god
artzny = arznei =medicine

Ein "g" hat immer einen geraden Rücken, ein "tz" einen geschwungenen Rücken. Auf 116 hat keinen geraden Rücken.
Viele Beispiele hat es bei "gog" (gotz) = gottes
artzny = arznei

so nim gas mich o
Would mean the goat will take me, too.
But the goat do not want me.  Wink

Quote:A "g" always has a straight back

Oh no, far from always.

Quote:so nim gas mich o

Would mean the goat will take me, too.

The idea is that "gas" is not "geis" as "Ziege", but the literal MHD "gas" = "gahes" = quickly, promptly.

See Lexer for that: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.

Some of the g's in Anton's MS look almost identical to the VM "g".

(05-01-2020, 11:07 PM)Anton Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.The idea is that "gas" is not "geis" as "Ziege", but the literal MHD "gas" = "gahes" = quickly, promptly.

See Lexer for that: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.

This is either new to me or I don't remember it, but that is very interesting. "So nim gahes mich" = then take me quickly. Perhaps in the religious sense as in God taking one's soul?