The Voynich Ninja
116v - Printable Version

+- The Voynich Ninja (https://www.voynich.ninja)
+-- Forum: Voynich Research (https://www.voynich.ninja/forum-27.html)
+--- Forum: Marginalia (https://www.voynich.ninja/forum-45.html)
+--- Thread: 116v (/thread-437.html)

RE: 116v - MarcoP - 01-09-2016

(01-09-2016, 01:39 PM)Davidsch Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.@marco, yes i saw that we are missing a leg for the m in vinom.

We can discuss every letter in my line "vox leben vinom purifier” 
that is fine but i am afraid i am not capable of coming up with paleographical arguments for every letter, the same with my "mud miel".

Why not?  Because i have underlying research & reasoning for the text i came up with.  It is not that I tried to decipher this text in the margin (same for the mud miel) but part of this text came from another quote & research i found.

So please consider my solution as one where the writer made a writing mistake. I am convinced there are many more to be discovered.

I am sorry, David! I interpreted your previous post as an attempt at transcription.

RE: 116v - Davidsch - 01-09-2016

No problem Marco. (You are still my hero)

I understand, we had a discussion about transcription a while back. I always wanted to make a difference between "strict transcription" and "loose transcription" but since this was never picked up here, and everybody writes "transcription"  i used that as well, although it is a "loose transcript".

RE: 116v - MarcoP - 01-09-2016

Could someone please provide a word by word explanation of Albus' reading of the last line?

Quote:... ... (two ciphered words) pals [ein]en pbrey so nim[m] gei[s]smi[l]ch O
Translation:
... ... (two ciphered words), squash it into a paste, then take goat´s milk.

I understand the last part, which can be You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.: so nimm Geiß-Milch

But I am lost about "pals einen pbrey". How would that be in modern German?

RE: 116v - ReneZ - 01-09-2016

The explanation from Johannes Albus was:

- pals, with consonantal shifts p/b and s/z, is an imperative form of the old verb ”balzen”/ ”ver-balzen”- “pelzen”/ ”zer-pelzen” etc.You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. Among the meanings: to rumple e.g. straw, to squash, to beat up. An interesting fact is, that the word was mostly used in the southern and western parts of Germany.[/font]

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. J. Müller, Rheinisches Wörterbuch, Bonn 1928; E. Christmann, J. Krämer, Pfälzisches Wörterbuch, Wiesbaden 1965-68

- pbrey, with stressing double consonant, it likely adds up to “Brey” You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. = paste, porridge[/font]

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. J.C. Adelung, Grammatisch-Kritisches Wörterbuch der Hochdeutschen Mundart, Hildesheim-New York 1970

Another observation, which I don't believe I ever mentioned before, is that the one or two 'o' characters in 

aror (or oror) Sheey

are not written in the same way as the o's in the 'plain text' part (in my opinion).
This would suggest that the person writing this was not just imitating the Voynich script for the first time, but knew well how to write it.

RE: 116v - Davidsch - 01-09-2016

It is clearly aror to me, but for what it's worth:

oror exists 6 times exactly in the remaining text 
aror also exactly 6 times.

ssheey 2 times
osheey 2 times
ksheey 2 times
dksheey 1 time
and also 1 time only: otolosheey, psheey, chlchpsheey, yolsheey, qolsheey, alosheey and some more

RE: 116v - Anton - 02-09-2016

Quote:squash it into a paste, then take goat´s milk.

As far as I understand German, "so" is not "then" in the sense of a sequence of events. "Then" in that sense would be something like "dann" or "danach".

"So" is "then" only in the sense of "so" or "respectively".

RE: 116v - Searcher - 02-09-2016

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. of Apocalypse was shared by Davidsch in You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.. There are the notes in the center of it: "Ihzim Antichristum" (Defeat (beat) the Antichrist!) "Ihzim" is transcribed from Arabic. There is the cross above the word "ihzim". Maybe anybody know, what does it mean there? I suppose:
1). Christ, defeat the antichrist!
2). Defeat the antichrist with Christ!
Can the cross in the "ma+ria" in the third line of the You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. mean the same as the cross in mentioned diagram?

RE: 116v - MarcoP - 02-09-2016

Another fragment from ms You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.. It mixes Latin and German in a very interesting way.

Both "venom" and "pulmon" have been mentioned for the third word in line 1.

I think the title reads "Cont[ra] venen[um]" (against venom), but I am far from sure Smile

The underlined line at the bottom reads "Sanguine[m] de pulmo[n]e agni" (lamb lung blood).

[Image: attachment.php?aid=518]

RE: 116v - MarcoP - 02-09-2016

(02-09-2016, 04:51 PM)Searcher Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. of Apocalypse was shared by Davidsch in You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.. There are the notes in the center of it: "Ihzim Antichristum" (Defeat (beat) the Antichrist!) "Ihzim" is transcribed from Arabic. There is the cross above the word "ihzim". Maybe anybody know, what does it mean there? I suppose:
1). Christ, defeat the antichrist!
2). Defeat the antichrist with Christ!
Can the cross in the "ma+ria" in the third line of the You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. mean the same as the cross in mentioned diagram?

Hello Searcher,
here are higher resolution images of the manuscript:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.

Following the National Geographic article linked by David, I interpret the diagram as the Antichrist ruling the world. I am not sure of what Izhim or Azhim means here, nor of the meaning of the cross above that word. 
As the article says, the Antchrist has four horns, represented by the large cross in the diagram: Mentita dictas (mendacitas? / mendacity); Calliditas (cunning); Dolositas (deceit) ; Crudelitas (cruelty).

RE: 116v - Anton - 02-09-2016

That is not "z", but "r". Hence "ihrim" or somethimg like that.