The Voynich Ninja
116v - Printable Version

+- The Voynich Ninja (https://www.voynich.ninja)
+-- Forum: Voynich Research (https://www.voynich.ninja/forum-27.html)
+--- Forum: Marginalia (https://www.voynich.ninja/forum-45.html)
+--- Thread: 116v (/thread-437.html)

RE: 116v - nablator - 11-10-2022

(11-10-2022, 05:50 PM)Anton Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
(11-10-2022, 02:39 PM)Helmut Winkler Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.3) Does someone know what plant the (radix) Rebundica comes from?

Google gives only a couple historic mentions in recipes Undecided
Some more for Rabundica... rhubarb?

In this biography (French) only rhubarb is mentioned (as a remedy):
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.

The translator rendered it as: "der Rabundica oder wilden Rhubarbara" (rabundica or wild rhubarb):

But wild rhubarb a.k.a. burdock is not edible. Some other similar plant maybe.

RE: 116v - Anton - 11-10-2022

"Rebundica" and "Rebarbara" are You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.as two components of the same recipe, so they are two different things.

(11-10-2022, 07:10 PM)nablator Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.But wild rhubarb a.k.a. burdock is not edible

I don't think that has ever been an obstacle for those recipe authors!

RE: 116v - Aga Tentakulus - 11-10-2022

Wild rabarber known as Petasites hybridus is an ancient medicinal herb.

RE: 116v - Searcher - 26-11-2022

I discovered that it is useful to reread threads with own propositions and propositions of the other members. InYou are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view., I asked whether "pal8en" can be You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. for "balsam". I remember I was inspired with that find, but disappointed as we couldn't find adequate connection of that word with the next "vbren". It is strange as only two days before Aga Tentakulus mentioned that the next word can be "verbrennt" (You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.). We just missed this somehow. 
First of all, "palsen" is not an unique version for "balsam" with "b" mutated into "p". There are also You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view." and You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view., both German related. Then, we see "so nim" ("so nimm" - so add) - verb, II p., imperative, written without doubbling "mm" in the end. Thus, why "vbren" can't be "vbrenn"? It could be just "brenn" (burn) or "zubrenn" (burn out, burn off) - verb, II p., imperative, but it also can be "verbrenn" (burn off), written with one "n" and shortened to "vbren". Anyway, relation of the balsam to its burning would be coherent.
Eberhard Werner Happel writes in the "Mundus mirabilis tripartitus...":
Quote:Item, man giesse ein wenig Balsam in die Hand, und halte die  gegen der Sonnen Schein aufgehebt; Ist der Balsam gerecht, so brennet die Sonne dermassen an die Hand, daß man es kaum erleyden kan. Wann man ein Tröpfflein an eine Messer Spitte thut, und hält es ans Feuer brennet der Balsam, so ist er gut.Auch, wer ein wenig Balsam in Geiß Milch thut, in einer Schaalen; Ist er gerecht  so gerinnet die Milch gleich, als wann man Kase darauß machen wolte. Ein Tropsflein Balsam in eine Schaale mit Wasser gethan; Ist er gut, so bleibet das Wasser hell, wird es aber trübe, so ist der Balsam nicht just. (Item, pour a little balm into your hand and hold it up against the sun's rays; If the balm is right, the sun burns your hand so that you can hardly bear it. If you put a droplet on the tip of a knife and hold it to the fire, the balm burns, then it is good. Also, one who puts a little balsam in goat's milk in a bowl; If it is true, the milk coagulates as if you wanted to make cheese out of it.) 
I don't know whether You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. really means " to hold it up to the sun's rays", but it intrigues.

RE: 116v - MarcoP - 21-12-2022

This gif shows transcriptions of the You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. Latin alphabet marginalia by four authors:
  • You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.: for positions where he gives options in bold, I ignored non-bold options.
  • You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
  • Jorge Stolfi (quoted in Palmer's page): here I added the missing crosses
  • Johannes Albus (quoted by You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.)

As always, it's possible I made errors. The second line was split into two lines. The colour of each cell shows how consistent the different readings are: white cells have a single reading (but there could be non-bold values by Vogt that I ignored); light purple cells have a prevalent reading; dark purple cells have several readings or two readings with no clear prevalence.

The values in each coloured cell "rotate" with a duration that depends on how much support that reading has (e.g. the initial 'p' in the first line is supported by all four authors, while 'y' is only mentioned by Vogt together with 'p'). A dash '-' marks a space that is skipped by some authors. A '*' marks a character that is skipped by some authors (I guess that Stolfi and Vogt only had low-quality images of the page).

RE: 116v - zobowiazanie - 13-04-2024

[Image: pY8QCsz.jpeg]

I think the label on the left simply reads "leb". Looks very similar to the "leb" in "poxleber" to me.