The Voynich Ninja
116v - Printable Version

+- The Voynich Ninja (https://www.voynich.ninja)
+-- Forum: Voynich Research (https://www.voynich.ninja/forum-27.html)
+--- Forum: Marginalia (https://www.voynich.ninja/forum-45.html)
+--- Thread: 116v (/thread-437.html)

RE: 116v - Ranceps - 15-04-2022

Could the text above be something like that then:

posleber umon putpfer?

RE: 116v - Juan_Sali - 15-04-2022

(15-04-2022, 05:20 AM)Aga Tentakulus Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.Xxxx + te + ??? + cere + portas + en + sis + maris + moris + vis + altia + maria.
I see 3 different types of writting styles, one as the main VM, here is a sample of writing quite similar to the second one:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
And third one with only a few letters.
I have doubts on cere and altia
cere could be ceve or chve,  
altia, the t is not like the rest or t, the i doesnt have the point, maybe it is deleted.

RE: 116v - Ranceps - 15-04-2022

(15-04-2022, 05:49 PM)Juan_Sali Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
(15-04-2022, 05:20 AM)Aga Tentakulus Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.Xxxx + te + ??? + cere + portas + en + sis + maris + moris + vis + altia + maria.
I see 3 different types of writting styles, one as the main VM, here is a sample of writing quite similar to the second one:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
And third one with only a few letters.
I have doubts on cere and altia
cere could be ceve or chve,  
altia, the t is not like the rest or t, the i doesnt have the point, maybe it is deleted.

The type of this script was quite common in Europe. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.

RE: 116v - Helmut Winkler - 16-04-2022

(15-04-2022, 05:32 PM)Ranceps Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.Could the text above be something like that then:

posleber umon putpfer?

The text of 116v has been discussed ad infinitum (you should look it up) . I posted the reading 'pox leber primum  putrefacit' and for once I think  I   am right

RE: 116v - Aga Tentakulus - 16-04-2022

@bi3mw
The most famous saying against warts probably comes from Mark Twain in the book Tom Sawyer.
What is needed.
Cemetery, full moon, fresh grave and a dead cat.
Saying:
Corpse follow devil. Cat follow corpse. Wart follow cat.
That was it.

RE: 116v - Juan_Sali - 19-04-2022

Some schematic ideas that will need more development:

Alpha and omega are well-known christian simbols.
Hera was worshipped as a virgin, she renewed her virginity annually taking a bath.
There are many medieval representations of Virgin Mary with a unicorn.

RE: 116v - Anton - 08-10-2022

The charm of this thread is that noone remembers if something has not been discussed above, but for what it's worth, examining marginalia in You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view., I formulated the following rule of thumb for distinguishing between "d" and "s" at the word ending.

If the letter looks like a "8", then it's a "d"; if it looks like "B", then it's an "s".

The word "und" in the beginning of the third line of these marginalia is a good example.

What do you think? Does this apply, or it's always scribe-individual anyway? If it does, then we are faced with "oladabad" and "portad" instead of "oladabas" and "portas".

RE: 116v - Aga Tentakulus - 10-10-2022

That is quite possible.
I have long thought that "oladabas" is actually
"olla dabat". (pot I give).
"olla dabas" (pot you give).
Whether dabas or dabat, they are both forms of "dare".

RE: 116v - Helmut Winkler - 11-10-2022

1) I would say in this case the meaning of the letter is what the text requires, bu I think you can distinguish beween d and round s, even if he writer uses every variation imaginable

2) dabat and dabas is praeteritum

3) Does someone know what plant the (radix) Rebundica comes from?

RE: 116v - Anton - 11-10-2022

(11-10-2022, 02:39 PM)Helmut Winkler Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.3) Does someone know what plant the (radix) Rebundica comes from?

Google gives only a couple historic mentions in recipes Undecided