The Voynich Ninja
116v - Printable Version

+- The Voynich Ninja (https://www.voynich.ninja)
+-- Forum: Voynich Research (https://www.voynich.ninja/forum-27.html)
+--- Forum: Marginalia (https://www.voynich.ninja/forum-45.html)
+--- Thread: 116v (/thread-437.html)

RE: 116v - Helmut Winkler - 14-04-2022

It seems to be the opened up carcass of an animal and the sript seems to mean  GER lab,EN rennet

RE: 116v - Ranceps - 14-04-2022

(14-04-2022, 02:38 PM)Helmut Winkler Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.It seems to be the opened up carcass of an animal and the sript seems to mean  GER lab,EN rennet

Oh, so let’s recap this:
1. The text goes “pox leber …” and after that there is abracadabra kind of spell - leber= liver
2. There is “Mi[l]ch” at the start and again at the end of incantation - milch - milk
3. There is also a writing under the drawing saying lab - rennet

The last page contains a spell which makes a goat produce cheese using male goat liver. Enough of VM stuff for a while.

RE: 116v - Aga Tentakulus - 14-04-2022

It's certainly a rennet stomach, and the word is rennet and it's in German.
The saying has nothing to do with the pictures. But it seems to be a saying against warts.
Already in advance.
"maris moris" means "wart perish".
It is "marisca".
Medically "condylomata acuminata".
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.

RE: 116v - Koen G - 14-04-2022

So in that case is moris a verb? An imperative?

RE: 116v - Aga Tentakulus - 14-04-2022

tomorrow I will explain (almost) everything.

RE: 116v - Koen G - 14-04-2022

Ohh I see, so it's like "hemorrhoid, you die!", right?

RE: 116v - RobGea - 14-04-2022

Good stuff.
This is probably not relevant , but, well maybe.
Figs can be used as a rennet.  (German for fig is Feigen )

Also as a medicine , Hildegard of Bingen mentions them or so it says in this link.

RE: 116v - Aga Tentakulus - 15-04-2022

@Koen, the post could use some space, sorry in advance.

Leider konnte ich die ersten drei oder vier Wörter nicht klassifizieren, sind zu viele Möglichkeiten offen. Daher starte ich ab dem Wort «te»
Wie es in einer Art romanischen Dialekt geschrieben steht. Dies ist eigentlich klar wenn es bereinigt ist. Aufgeschlüsselt mit 2 Wörterbüchern «Pons und Cäsar». Einige Wortverbindungen lassen die deutsche Mentalität durchblicken. Ich bin nicht sicher ob die englische Bedeutung dann die gleiche ist wie im deutsche, werde es aber so gut es geht erklären. Hauptsächlich sind es Schlagwörter, um diese in einen verständlichen Satz zu bringen. Hierfür sind die die begriffe in Klammern, direkte Übersetzungen sind Fett geschrieben.
Beispiel: vis + altia + maria
                (mit der) Kaft (der) erhabene maria
erhabene, Bedeutung «über allem stehend»
Fluch:
Xxxx + te + ??? + cere + portas + en + sis + maris + moris + vis + altia + maria
Auf deutsch :
te + cere + portas
« Du ( ??? nimm) geschmiert (die) Tür.
Du verschwinde so schnell wie möglich. Gleich wie: mach dich vom Acker, mach ne Fliege oder nimm die Türe in die Hand.

ne + sis
auf!  Wenn es dir recht ist
auf! Steht für « Bewegung, los jetzt, hopp hopp»
«wenn es Dir nichts ausmacht», das ist schon typisch Bayrisch «wenn’s recht ist»

maris + moris + vis + altia + maria
Warze + vergehe oder stirb + (mit oder durch die) Kraft + (der) erhabenen + maria

Zusammengefasst:
Du verschwinde sofort! Los jetzt! Wenn es Dir recht ist Warze. Stirb durch die Kraft der erhabenen Maria!

Nachweise Wörterbücher:

Unfortunately I couldn't classify the first three or four words, there are too many possibilities open. So I'll start from the word "te".
As it is written in a kind of Romance dialect. This is actually clear when cleaned up. Broken down with 2 dictionaries "Pons and Caesar". Some word combinations give a glimpse of the German mentality. I am not sure if the English meaning is the same as in German, but I will explain it as best I can. Mainly they are catchwords to put them into a comprehensible sentence. For this, the terms are in brackets, direct translations are written in bold.
Example: vis + altia + maria
                (with the) power (of) the sublime maria
exalted, meaning "standing above everything"
Curse:
Xxxx + te + ??? + cere + portas + en + sis + maris + moris + vis + altia + maria.
In German :
te + cere + portas
"You ( ??? take) greased (the) door.
You get out as fast as you can. Same as : get the hell out of here, take a fly or take the door in your hand.

ne + sis
open! If it is all right with you
up! Stands for "Move it, let's go, chop-chop".
"if you don't mind", that's typically Bavarian "if it's OK".

maris + moris + vis + altia + maria
Wart + perish or die + (with or by the) power + (of) the exalted + maria.

In summary:
You get out of here right now! Go now! If it is all right with you wart. Die by the power of the exalted Mary!

Proof Dictionaries:

Translated with You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. (free version)

RE: 116v - Aga Tentakulus - 15-04-2022

Addendum:

I don't know how warts were treated in the Middle Ages, but I think "burning them off" was one of them.

RE: 116v - bi3mw - 15-04-2022

(15-04-2022, 05:36 AM)Aga Tentakulus Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.I don't know how warts were treated in the Middle Ages, but I think "burning them off" was one of them.

Well, some of the cures for warts were quite bizarre:

Quote:Wart-charmers had many strange cures, some are still tried today. One that is still used (?) is to take a small piece of meat, rub the wart with it and then bury the meat. As the meat decays, the wart will slowly disappear. Another wart-charm:- Prick the wart with a pin, and stick the pin in an ash tree, reciting the rhyme, “Ashen tree, ashen tree, Pray buy these warts from me”. The warts will be transferred to the tree.