The Voynich Ninja
The Rosettes Page - March 2024 - Printable Version

+- The Voynich Ninja (https://www.voynich.ninja)
+-- Forum: Voynich Research (https://www.voynich.ninja/forum-27.html)
+--- Forum: Imagery (https://www.voynich.ninja/forum-43.html)
+--- Thread: The Rosettes Page - March 2024 (/thread-4204.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

RE: The Rosettes Page - March 2024 - Mark Knowles - 02-04-2024

(01-04-2024, 11:11 PM)Antonio García Jiménez Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.I'm sorry, but this issue is not a matter of a poll or choosing what each of us believes. It is about providing the most probable evidence. Anything can be possible but not probable and I have provided some consistent evidence.

Furthermore, there is supplementary evidence in the book itself, since the entire VM is perfectly coherent. On the zodiacal pages we see the same tubes that we see on the circles on the Rosettes page. And almost half of the book is dedicated to astronomical-astrological illustrations. This page cannot be different.

We can continue like this for years and years without achieving anything, but it is a shame because this is a book that deserves to be studied in all the universities in the world. There is no other representation of the medieval cosmos like this one.

Produce a detailed analysis of the page as I have done below:

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.

And then we can talk about it.

RE: The Rosettes Page - March 2024 - Antonio García Jiménez - 02-04-2024

Everything I see on your page is complete nonsense, but it could work for a Hollywood movie.

(02-04-2024, 09:36 AM)Antonio García Jiménez Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.Everything I see on your page is complete nonsense, but it could work for a Hollywood movie.

Well, produce your detailed analysis of the page and then we can talk.

Nothing is certain on Voynich. That's why anything goes. But if we apply a minimum scientific criterion, that of probability based on an accumulation of evidence, we can make statements with some guarantee.

On the Rosettes page the indications are overwhelming. We are most likely facing an original vision of the medieval cosmos.
One of the most characteristic features of this illustration are those strange cells or mounds with points that are in almost all the circles. I have previously pointed out a contemporary document, Enrique de Villena's Treatise on Astrology, in which these elements appear, just like a castle in an astronomical diagram. Even in the central circle we have that wavy line that in so many works of art and miniatures limits the cosmos of the divine kingdom.

But the most amazing thing is that there is no need for parallels because there are some in Voynich itself. For example, in this image clearly of astronomical-astrological sense there are those cells or mounds.

There are also those points in another diagram that we see in the wavy line on the Rosettes page

And also those tubes, something so shocking on the Rosettes page, we see on the zodiacal pages

I spent a long time thinking about whether it was worth making this post, fearing as I do that people will talk again about the mysterious meaning of the Rosettes page. In short, everything is for science.

(02-04-2024, 04:37 PM)Antonio García Jiménez Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.I spent a long time thinking about whether it was worth making this post, fearing as I do that people will talk again about the mysterious meaning of the Rosettes page. In short, everything is for science.
You and most others have not presented a detailed analysis of the page. It is very difficult to assess a theory when there is so little to a theory. I have presented a very detailed analysis of the page.

Ok Mark, let's leave it be.

RE: The Rosettes Page - March 2024 - pjburkshire - 02-04-2024

(02-04-2024, 09:09 AM)Mark Knowles Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.Produce a detailed analysis of the page as I have done below:

Cloister Gardens are a passion of mine. I don't remember ever seeing one with an "X" shaped path. Can you tell me an example?

RE: The Rosettes Page - March 2024 - pjburkshire - 02-04-2024

(02-04-2024, 06:35 PM)pjburkshire Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.Cloister Gardens are a passion of mine. I don't remember ever seeing one with an "X" shaped path. Can you tell me an example?

Never mind.  I found it.

(02-04-2024, 06:35 PM)pjburkshire Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
(02-04-2024, 09:09 AM)Mark Knowles Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.Produce a detailed analysis of the page as I have done below:

Cloister Gardens are a passion of mine. I don't remember ever seeing one with an "X" shaped path. Can you tell me an example?

You are right "X" shaped paths are very uncommon even in Italy that was how I identified the location, because I knew that layout was rare. It was a crucial clue.

The Abbazia Santi Nazzaro e Celso on the Sesia River North of Vercelli is the one I identify, but there are a few others, though they are rare.

RE: The Rosettes Page - March 2024 - R. Sale - 02-04-2024

Some vocabulary suggestions:
Wolkenband, cloud band, cosmic boundary, nebuly line (Germ. gewolkt)

The word 'wavey' connotes water. The word 'nebuly' etymologically derives from the Latin word for cloud. In German 'gewolkt' does likewise.

The use of a nebuly line in heraldry (Wolkenstein), in religious art (Berry Apocalypse), and in various cosmic diagrams is clearly established before the C-14 dates.