The Voynich Ninja
The Rosettes Page - March 2024 - Printable Version

+- The Voynich Ninja (https://www.voynich.ninja)
+-- Forum: Voynich Research (https://www.voynich.ninja/forum-27.html)
+--- Forum: Imagery (https://www.voynich.ninja/forum-43.html)
+--- Thread: The Rosettes Page - March 2024 (/thread-4204.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

RE: The Rosettes Page - March 2024 - pjburkshire - 01-04-2024

(01-04-2024, 12:25 PM)Aga Tentakulus Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.Not a theory, but a train of thought on "These appear to be two times a sun, a T-O card and a "non-clock"."
If the shadow between 2 suns is the same length, it is noon. And that's the same all over the world.
Now you have a sunrise and a sunset.
Now you could also see where is east when noon is in the middle.

Sorry, but I am not following that at all. Which of the nine circles do you see as East? What does knowing the direction of East tell us? Are we to pray facing a certain direction?

RE: The Rosettes Page - March 2024 - Mark Knowles - 01-04-2024

I think the two suns show East and West, the "clock" is not a clock but a compass pointing North and the T-O map represents "the rest of the world" as the map only shows part of Europe.

RE: The Rosettes Page - March 2024 - Antonio García Jiménez - 01-04-2024

The Rosettes page is a representation of the medieval cosmos with almost complete certainty. I strongly recommend seeing the only parallel illustrations that can shed light, because any other opinion is the fruit of each person's imagination.

The Treaty on Astrology attributed to Enrique de Aragón, Marquis of Villena, a well-known astrologer who flourished in the first third of the 15th century, is preserved in the National Library of Spain. It is a rigorously contemporary work of the Voynich.

This is one of the illustrations

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.

In the center, the Earth with its divisions like on a T-map, we see a castle. This is just a small detail. The most significant thing is the illustrations in the corners, full of those cells with dots that are one of the characteristic features of the circles on the Rosettes page. If you see all the illustrations in the book, you will be able to see these little cells in all the corners as decoration.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.?

There is an obvious parallel with the VM and those cells can only represent the sphere of the stars, which closes the medieval universe. Beyond is the kingdom of God. Even in one of the illustrations in the book there are two tubes in the axis of the North Star and its opposite, tubes like the ones we also see on the Rosettes page.

I'm sorry, I think I didn't put the link to the Astrology Treatise correctly. As I say, I recommend seeing all the illustrations.

(01-04-2024, 03:39 PM)Antonio García Jiménez Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.The Rosettes page is a representation of the medieval cosmos with almost complete certainty. I strongly recommend seeing the only parallel illustrations that can shed light, because any other opinion is the fruit of each person's imagination.

The Treaty on Astrology attributed to Enrique de Aragón, Marquis of Villena, a well-known astrologer who flourished in the first third of the 15th century, is preserved in the National Library of Spain. It is a rigorously contemporary work of the Voynich.

This is one of the illustrations

In the center, the Earth with its divisions like on a T-map, we see a castle. This is just a small detail. The most significant thing is the illustrations in the corners, full of those cells with dots that are one of the characteristic features of the circles on the Rosettes page. If you see all the illustrations in the book, you will be able to see these little cells in all the corners as decoration.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.?

There is an obvious parallel with the VM and those cells can only represent the sphere of the stars, which closes the medieval universe. Beyond is the kingdom of God. Even in one of the illustrations in the book there are two tubes in the axis of the North Star and its opposite, tubes like the ones we also see on the Rosettes page.

I have looked at the illustrations you refer to, but I can't see much of a parallel. I would say your theory is the fruit of your imagination and you would say my theory is the fruit of my imagination. I would suggest you expand on theory and seek to explain all the details of the page, because it is the details that normally get ignored and where I think the evidence the page is a map is strongest.

Take as an example the causeway between the top right Rosette and the centre right Rosette. Why is that causeway in the peculiar shape that it is? I would argue that is the peculiar shape it is, because of the peculiar and specific geography that it represents. I have heard no other theory of this causeway. And what applies to this causeway also applies to the other causeways, most with distinctive features and ones often left unexplained by other theorists.

I'm sorry, but my theory is not the fruit of my imagination. It is the evidence itself. In any case, it is not you or I who should judge it but this grand jury that is the forum.

RE: The Rosettes Page - March 2024 - pjburkshire - 01-04-2024

(01-04-2024, 07:11 PM)Antonio García Jiménez Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.I'm sorry, but my theory is not the fruit of my imagination. It is the evidence itself. In any case, it is not you or I who should judge it but this grand jury that is the forum.

The Poll is still open. It is set to close on April 9, 2024. It is a survey, not an election. No one living can prove the correct answer to the satisfaction of all. Right now the top selection is "I have a different idea about the meaning of the Rosettes page." If I do another Poll on this question, I will try to include these options:

- I think the Rosettes page represents a journey to the Council of Basel.

- I think the Rosettes page represents a kind of "Universe" or "Cosmos".

- I think the Rosettes page represents Elements of a Mappa mundi and a map of the Elements.

RE: The Rosettes Page - March 2024 - Aga Tentakulus - 01-04-2024

@Mark
It's a question of observation. Northern hemisphere
Where the shadow points at noon is also north.
So the T-O map top left is north.

I'm sorry, but this issue is not a matter of a poll or choosing what each of us believes. It is about providing the most probable evidence. Anything can be possible but not probable and I have provided some consistent evidence.

Furthermore, there is supplementary evidence in the book itself, since the entire VM is perfectly coherent. On the zodiacal pages we see the same tubes that we see on the circles on the Rosettes page. And almost half of the book is dedicated to astronomical-astrological illustrations. This page cannot be different.

We can continue like this for years and years without achieving anything, but it is a shame because this is a book that deserves to be studied in all the universities in the world. There is no other representation of the medieval cosmos like this one.