The Voynich Ninja
Yale University Free Discussion on MS-408 - Printable Version

+- The Voynich Ninja (https://www.voynich.ninja)
+-- Forum: Voynich Research (https://www.voynich.ninja/forum-27.html)
+--- Forum: Voynich Talk (https://www.voynich.ninja/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: Yale University Free Discussion on MS-408 (/thread-4197.html)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Yale University Free Discussion on MS-408 - ReneZ - 19-03-2024

That is 1411-1430 with 68.2% probability, but these numbers are less interesting, so probably not usually reported.

RE: Yale University Free Discussion on MS-408 - merrimacga - 19-03-2024

(19-03-2024, 12:27 AM)ReneZ Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.That is 1411-1430 with 68.2% probability, but these numbers are less interesting, so probably not usually reported.

And the source for that is page 8 figure 7 of the radiocarbon dating report, which shows the mean of the 4 samples collected, 1 from each of folios 8, 26, 47, and 68, noting on page 3 that this only dates the vellum and not the writing:

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.

(Sources for the PDF: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. this site, You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view., and You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. report You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.. Interestingly, the You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. about it doesn't mention the dating ranges.)

The McCrone report on the inks doesn't date the writing either but rather only breaks down the contents of the inks based on 20 samples taken from 8 folios.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.

(Source for the PDF: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. collections highlights page.)

Not that this is news to anyone here but I'm guessing sometimes it helps to re-post the source links.  Wink

RE: Yale University Free Discussion on MS-408 - Pepper - 27-03-2024

(15-03-2024, 03:01 PM)Koen G Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.One suggestion for the organization: at one point it looked like the audience would be allowed to ask questions. Then one question was asked, about whether the Beinecke is withholding higher quality scans) and then the presentation was cut short immediately. This was kind of weird and unusual.

I'm not surprised. I expect they are thoroughly sick of the conspiracy theorists suggesting they are hiding something or even that they are in league with McCrone and others to hide that the "fact" (fantasy) that the MS is a modern hoax. Voynich amateurs are our own worst enemies sometimes.

RE: Yale University Free Discussion on MS-408 - asteckley - 23-04-2024

Did this Yale presentation ever make online for current access?

RE: Yale University Free Discussion on MS-408 - merrimacga - 24-04-2024

Unfortunately, as far as I have been able to determine, neither Yale Library Security, host of the event, nor Agnieszka Rec, the presenter, have made a copy of the presentation or a video of it available anywhere online.

RE: Yale University Free Discussion on MS-408 - asteckley - 25-04-2024

Please tell me that picture at the start of this thread isn't the real manuscript.  They don't treat it that casually do they?

RE: Yale University Free Discussion on MS-408 - Koen G - 25-04-2024

They used their Siloe facsimile for the event, so I assume this is the same one.

RE: Yale University Free Discussion on MS-408 - ReneZ - 25-04-2024

I was equally misled by this picture, because it looks like someone's kitchen.
However, this is a dedicated reading room in the Beinecke, and the real MS