The Voynich Ninja
The Holy Trinity - Printable Version

+- The Voynich Ninja (https://www.voynich.ninja)
+-- Forum: Voynich Research (https://www.voynich.ninja/forum-27.html)
+--- Forum: Imagery (https://www.voynich.ninja/forum-43.html)
+--- Thread: The Holy Trinity (/thread-4186.html)

The Holy Trinity - pjburkshire - 09-03-2024

On the You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. Rosette foldout page there are the 9 large circles and in the far lower left there is a smaller circle with three tiny circles connected by two lines. Could these three tiny circles connected by two lines be a representation of the Holy Trinity?

Could this be seen as the opposite of the "T and O map" in the far upper right? Spiritual world and physical world?

RE: The Holy Trinity - nablator - 09-03-2024

Without a third line, it looks more like the Android "Share" icon. The angle between the lines, 90°, also doesn't match a Holy Trinity symbol: it should be 60°.

RE: The Holy Trinity - pjburkshire - 09-03-2024

(09-03-2024, 09:39 AM)nablator Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.Without a third line, it looks more like the Android "Share" icon. The angle between the lines, 90°, also doesn't match a Holy Trinity symbol: it should be 60°.

I think we can safely rule out that the manuscript creators intended it to be the Android "Share" icon. Any thoughts on what they had in mind?

RE: The Holy Trinity - nablator - 09-03-2024

(09-03-2024, 01:19 PM)pjburkshire Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.I think we can safely rule out that the manuscript creators intended it to be the Android "Share" icon. Any thoughts on what they had in mind?

The "clock" or "compass" : you can find previous discussions with the search box. Personally I don't believe it looks like any known object or symbol (unless you want to see an analogy with the Islamic magic "caractères à lunettes" but the VMs has no other resemblance to the Picatrix), so it has to be something original. My own speculation is that it represents a token's horizontal and vertical movement on a grid, describing how the pseudo-language was generated. An important hint is the circle around it, decorated with the "three bars" pattern, also found elsewhere. As usual, VMs symbols can only be understood if you already "know" what the author(s) had in mind, which is why everyone sees something different, one speculation leading to another...

RE: The Holy Trinity - ReneZ - 10-03-2024

With respect to the clock or compass: it is of course possible to speculate that it is a reference to You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view., with (more or less) similar figures in the corners. I find that intriguing, but it remains speculation.

Edit: (edit deleted)

RE: The Holy Trinity - Antonio García Jiménez - 10-03-2024

In f67v2 what is seen are astrological aspects that form the sun and the moon. For anyone who knows something about astrology there can be little doubt about it. In the corners, from left to right and from top to bottom, what you see is a trine, a sextile, an opposition and a square.

And as you say, René, there is a clear relationship with the clock or compass of the Rosettes pages, which is the astrological trine aspect between the sun and the moon.

In this recreation of a medieval Volvelle you can see the important astrological aspects or positions of the sun and the moon. They are represented with lines in the inner circle and with small drawings with their symbols on the lines.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.