The Voynich Ninja
f67r2 and potential link to length of months - Printable Version

+- The Voynich Ninja (https://www.voynich.ninja)
+-- Forum: Voynich Research (https://www.voynich.ninja/forum-27.html)
+--- Forum: Astrology (https://www.voynich.ninja/forum-34.html)
+--- Thread: f67r2 and potential link to length of months (/thread-4181.html)

f67r2 and potential link to length of months - Arichichi - 07-03-2024

Hi,

Did anyone ever notice that f67r2 has alternating colors that happen to deviate with two pairs of successive colors? This reminds me of how lunar calendars tend to have alternating months of 29 and 30 days, until sometimes there are successive 29 then successive 30 day months. It seems to me that f67r2 suggests this idea with the yellow and red colored moons.

What do you guys think?

RE: f67r2 and potential link to length of months - pjburkshire - 07-03-2024

(07-03-2024, 12:46 PM)Arichichi Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. This reminds me of how lunar calendars tend to have alternating months of 29 and 30 days, until sometimes there are successive 29 then successive 30 day months. It seems to me that f67r2 suggests this idea with the yellow and red colored moons.

Yes, I think f67r2 is about the Moon. I think their Astrology system included both the Sun and the Moon.

RE: f67r2 and potential link to length of months - nablator - 07-03-2024

(07-03-2024, 12:46 PM)Arichichi Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.This reminds me of how lunar calendars tend to have alternating months of 29 and 30 days, until sometimes there are successive 29 then successive 30 day months.

Hi,

Do you have an example of a calendar with two consecutive 29 days months followed by two consecutive 30 days months? It seems unnecessary.

RE: f67r2 and potential link to length of months - Arichichi - 08-03-2024

Hi,

In lunar calendars, like the Hebrew one, depending on the year, most of the time you'd have alternating 29, 30 days months. However, it may happen to have two consecutive 29 days months. This means that the two next months are necessarily 30 days each to balance things out. Typically, it should be impossible to have 29 days three times in a row, or 30 days three times in a row. So that is why you end up with 29, 29, 30, 30 or 30, 30, 29, 29, depending on the year.
The number of days in lunar months is generally based on past observations, and it seems that it has been already ruled out at the time that the months would just alternate between 29 and 30 all along, because the cycle is not exactly 29.5 days.

RE: f67r2 and potential link to length of months - nablator - 08-03-2024

Any "observation-based" Lunar calendar is possible, I guess.

Quote:The Islamic calendar, however, is based on a different set of conventions being used for the determination of the month-start-dates. Each month still has either 29 or 30 days, but due to the variable method of observations employed, there is usually no discernible order in the sequencing of either 29 or 30-day month lengths.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.