The Voynich Ninja
The Hee-he(Ha) Manuscript - Printable Version

+- The Voynich Ninja (https://www.voynich.ninja)
+-- Forum: Voynich Research (https://www.voynich.ninja/forum-27.html)
+--- Forum: Analysis of the text (https://www.voynich.ninja/forum-41.html)
+--- Thread: The Hee-he(Ha) Manuscript (/thread-4111.html)

The Hee-he(Ha) Manuscript - Benaki - 17-11-2023

I wanted to share with you a visual aspect of a page. I'm a visual person and i wanted to play with photoshop and try to understand what the text would look like if some characters/letters would be completely removed. So I started removing the characters and I got carried away, as you can see in the pictures below, removing characters based on their shape and frequency.

I got carried away

RE: The Hee-he(Ha) Manuscript - Aga Tentakulus - 17-11-2023

Exactly.....
ho...ho...ho.....
.... it's nearly Christmas. Thinking

RE: The Hee-he(Ha) Manuscript - merrimacga - 17-11-2023

It does look like it's laughing at us, doesn't it? You may be on to something here... Hmm...

This would be a great VM Fool's Joke for You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. next year!

RE: The Hee-he(Ha) Manuscript - Benaki - 18-11-2023

(17-11-2023, 11:51 PM)merrimacga Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.It does look like it's laughing at us, doesn't it? You may be on to something here... Hmm...

This would be a great VM Fool's Joke for You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. next year!

Thank you for your answer. Yes the text on the last image is really like it's laughing at us.  I really don't know if it means anything at all or if i'm on to something. i'm just trying non- conventional methods and posting kind of interesting results

RE: The Hee-he(Ha) Manuscript - ReneZ - 18-11-2023

Quite a few years ago, a poster on Nick Pelling's cipher mysteries blog made a very similar analysis.
He observed a rather regular distribution of "c" characters, and based on this he argued that the MS was a fake, or at least had meaningless content.

Unfortunately, the poster's name escapes me right now, but it is someone who has a bit of a reputation in the crypto world.

RE: The Hee-he(Ha) Manuscript - Benaki - 18-11-2023

(18-11-2023, 01:12 PM)ReneZ Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.Quite a few years ago, a poster on Nick Pelling's cipher mysteries blog made a very similar analysis.
He observed a rather regular distribution of "c" characters, and based on this he argued that the MS was a fake, or at least had meaningless content.

Unfortunately, the poster's name escapes me right now, but it is someone who has a bit of a reputation in the crypto world.

Thank you for this information. i haven't read any of his work but i will have a look on his analysis.

RE: The Hee-he(Ha) Manuscript - lelle - 19-11-2023

(18-11-2023, 01:12 PM)ReneZ Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view....

That is probably Tony Gaffney / Sean Palmer you're thinking of.

RE: The Hee-he(Ha) Manuscript - ReneZ - 20-11-2023

(19-11-2023, 09:32 PM)lelle Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.That is probably Tony Gaffney / Sean Palmer you're thinking of.

Thanks, Tony Gaffney indeed.